Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Malky.

At one point, both Malky and Michael Laudrup appeared together on TV .[

where, when, and in relation to what....the everton job? what was said, more info please, you tease.

They appeared together on tv yesterday, both standing on the pitch side at a football match.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]At one point, both Malky and Michael Laudrup appeared together on TV .[

where, when, and in relation to what....the everton job? what was said, more info please, you tease.[/quote]

I recall seeing them both on MoTD as pundits...Can''t remember who third one was.

Both were asked about Everton job, and obviously neither gave a straight answer.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-boss-malky-mackay-3863993

I knew I hadn''t dreamt it !

If we do replace Chris Hughton, it seems a real shame that there is so much negativity towards Malky.

As a club we have had so many managers who have had previous connections with us and with the exception of Bryan Gunn and Gary Megson, most have been succesful.

Club legends should stay just that, legends, and not become our manager.

There was definitely talk at the time as Malky being considered a contender for the Everton job, and yes he and Laudrup were both on MOTD giving coy responses when the vacancy was brought up. My memory is of Everton fans were quite underwhelmed with the Mackay link.

I think when we consider Malky becoming manager we immediately refer to poor old Gunny''s reign as a reason that it''s a bad idea. Seeing a club legend struggle in that manner was wholly unpleasant. However, Gunn was basically club hospitality and rolled out in front of us all as an antidote to Glen Roeder.

Malky has enjoyed relative success at Watford and at Cardiff since his arrival. Whether he''s the right man for us right now I''m not sure but I think the comparison to Gunn is inappropriate and unfair.