Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

From 3-2 to 7-0.

It''s easy to explain. It''s all to do with incentives (and generally whether some system is successful or not generally depends on the incentives people have to do well). At the back end of last season, Man City had no incentives to play their best football, as their season was effectively over, and we had a tonne of incentives to play well, as we were trying to avoid the drop. Roll forward to this season, Man City are still in the hunt for the title, so pull out a great performance and steam roll us. Whether some of our players are hoping Hoots is shown the door, might have incentivised a few to not put in 100% is to some a valid question.

Hairy Canary - I stand corrected if you''re right (and I have no reason to doubt you as my memory with respect to league position at tail end of last season amounts to us being in big trouble with 2 or 3 games to go). Then explaining the result differentials is rather more difficult.... We won a dead rubber when several players were not quite playing 100% (the majority being on the Man City side).

What about Stoke away last season ( lost 1-0 with an awful performance) compared with a tactical masterclass of a 1-0 win? Still worth 3 points, so it''s just the unlucky/offside/good goals that Citeh scored as the difference, isn''t it?