Sign in to follow this  
channonswindmill

Article in the Mail

Scummy paper but makes for interesting reading. (Aside from the obvious conjecture including ''another source'' who isn''t even claimed to be close to the club.)  Thanks for posting

No quotes from anywhere, just a statement that Bowkett and McNally were in the tunnel? I doubt that!

Please don''t post any more links to the mail.  The article about Norwich said nothing new and I got sucked into reading a couple of articles by Adrian Durham which are down there with some of the most annoying posts on here - "Arsenal weren''t Invincible when they went unbeaten for a season" "The 1966 World Cup final was rubbish"... I could go on.

Also he is knocking Hughton for bringing on Murphy on Saturday.  "Failing to protect him" apparently.  What tosh.

Also in the Mail, Hughton gets slated and compared to Roeder for putting Murphy into the firing line at Man City (scroll down the page) - [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2487581/Adrian-Durham-Arsenal-sign-Joe-Hart-loan-win-Premier-League.html]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2487581/Adrian-Durham-Arsenal-sign-Joe-Hart-loan-win-Premier-League.html[/url]

I actually thought putting Murphy on was a good move. The points had gone, so no risk in playing him Got the opportunity to have a run a Zabaleta and was arguably our most enthusiastic player out there. Should also have had an assist if Elmander could have mustered a shot on target.

Some biased journalism, but I too am interested by the claim that Bowkett and McNally were vocal towards Hughton after the Hull game. I smell cow poo but wouuld be interesting to know if anyone knows any more about that alleged incident?

I was at the next home game after Hull and the chap in front had lunch with McNally and he relayed that McNally stated that he would not put up with another performance like the one at Hull. I was also in the row behind McNally at the Watford game and he had a face like thunder for most of it. You can obviously make of this as you will, but I do not think there is great harmony.

[quote user="dj11"]I was at the next home game after Hull and the chap in front had lunch with McNally and he relayed that McNally stated that he would not put up with another performance like the one at Hull. I was also in the row behind McNally at the Watford game and he had a face like thunder for most of it. You can obviously make of this as you will, but I do not think there is great harmony.[/quote]

Interesting, thanks for sharing

[quote user="dj11"]I was at the next home game after Hull and the chap in front had lunch with McNally and he relayed that McNally stated that he would not put up with another performance like the one at Hull. I was also in the row behind McNally at the Watford game and he had a face like thunder for most of it. You can obviously make of this as you will, but I do not think there is great harmony.[/quote]

I think most City supporters were looking grim from the point when we conceded a goal about 20 mins in, until Hooper equalized with the last touch of normal time.  So I wouldn''t be surprised if McN felt the same way.