Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Snoddy in contention

Just seen his tweet, preparing for the West Ham game and getting back to winning ways.Good to see he has recovered from that blow to the head.

[quote user="ricardo"]Just seen his tweet, preparing for the West Ham game and getting back to winning ways.Good to see he has recovered from that blow to the head.[/quote]Agreed.We need him Saturday[Y]

Good to see he''s recovered quickly.

But I don''t agree we need him.

I think he''s a huge part of the problem this season. He doesn''t do anything quickly, doesn''t cross quickly, doesn''t play quick through balls, has to cut back and back before he shoots even. Nothing happens at any speed which makes everything so much harder.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Good to see he''s recovered quickly.

But I don''t agree we need him.

I think he''s a huge part of the problem this season. He doesn''t do anything quickly, doesn''t cross quickly, doesn''t play quick through balls, has to cut back and back before he shoots even. Nothing happens at any speed which makes everything so much harder.[/quote]

Agree with you GP.   Imo we are missing Bennett who would have given Snodgrass a bit more competition.   I don''t think Snodgrass, even at his best is what we need to get the best out of our strikers.   Too slow in delivery.  Time and time again I see in other teams a wing player get the ball on the right, take one touch and cross it.  When was the last time Snodgrass did that?  I''d like to bet he never does it - but no doubt someone will prove me wrong.  Redmond needs to do that too sometimes,  or Pilks.   Simply be a bit more direct - not all the time, obviously, but at least sometimes.

[quote user="ricardo"]Just seen his tweet, preparing for the West Ham game and getting back to winning ways.

Good to see he has recovered from that blow to the head.
[/quote]

If he reckons we''re going to win, I reckon he''s still very much in recovery...

Would almost prefer to see him played on the left, i know he''s not the quickest but he can feed early curved ball to RvW and hoops . and if in an advanced postion when receiving the ball, whip in crosses. his contant check back on to his left, when playing on the right gives good defences a chance to get shape and positioning right.

Good news. IMO he has come in for unnecessary stick on here this season. That said GP is right too.

We MUST begin to fire in early balls and let RVW do his stuff. His goal this season came from a fired in cross; a cross which took a deflection and which he reacted to. Just bang the balls in fast and early and watch him do his stuff.

[quote user="canary forever"]Great news who else is going to pass the ball continuously to the opposition[/quote]I''m pretty sure thats Johno''s job.[:D]

Snodgrass has been mostly poor this season and his set plays are terrible at the moment. His good balls into the box on set plays were a big factor on our 10 game unbeaten run last season.

plenty saying Snodgrass doesnt warrant a place at the moment but I wonder if there''s a way of accomodating all our wide players?

we''ve tried just about everything else so far without success, how about....

Howson       Fer

Snodgrass               Redmond      Pilkington

RVW

maybe Redmond running at the opposition through central areas may offer a different problem, and we know likes to have a shot from distance.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

plenty saying Snodgrass doesnt warrant a place at the moment but I wonder if there''s a way of accomodating all our wide players?

Howson       Fer

RVW

maybe Redmond running at the opposition through central areas may offer a different problem, and we know likes to have a shot from distance.

[/quote]Redmond may not be fit yet. Pulled muscles take time to heal.So maybe even Hooper and RVW?CH said he could see a case for it at the fans forum, so who knows.

good news about Snoddy I just hope Hughton reminds him there are other players in the team so he doesn''t try to spread himself too thinly. Anyone else notice Pilks managed to put in a very decent corner last week?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Howson       Fer

RVW

[/quote]

Redmond may not be fit yet. Pulled muscles take time to heal.

So maybe even Hooper and RVW?

CH said he could see a case for it at the fans forum, so who knows.
[/quote]

just cant see it....especially against a West Ham team who overload their midfield more than most...they didnt even play with a striker for 3 games!

if CH couldnt see a "case" for it with 15-20mins to go when trying to force a win against a poor Cardiff side, when would he?

Snoddy is something of an inspiration to the other players, in his commitment and tireless efforts. Other posters are correct to point out, however, that he lacks pace, and can''t cross well with his right foot. The result is our attacks down the right are rather lumbering and unproductive, especially as his form this year has been a little disappointing in terms of dead ball efforts. If Benno had been fit, I think it quite possible that he would have replaced Snoddy.

I would be happy to play him, even in his present form, if we had pace on the other wing and Redmond to threaten opposing defences, but if he is not yet fit.....