Sign in to follow this  

McNally is just as guilty.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]This thread is about McNally, not me..............maybe that explains why certain posts get pulled by the mods![/quote]

Nope.

Posts only get removed if someone reports them.

[/quote]

Well, if that is the case, its not by my hand.

[/quote]So it''s just coincidence that when I pulled you about pretending to be an OAP for years it was deleted despite you patently stating you were seven in 1957 when you attended your first match? So it''s just coincidence that every page linked to from the following post has been deleted? "You hypocrite Wizard"So it''s just coincidence that any mention of your spell as secretary of East Coast Canaries gets deleted?It''s just a coincidence that there are a lot of coincidences every time you drop a b0ll0ck..........

Unless a post is directed to me concerning the topic of the thread I will just ignore it........point scoring will not be part of my remit. [:|]

That is genuinely one of the most ironically funny things I have ever read on this forum lol.

This is right up there with one of the daftest things that''s popped up on here, but well we all need a bit of a laugh after yesterday!

I guess McNally is guilty for back to back promotion, financial security, external debt being paid off... And shhhh don''t say it too loud, but appointing a manger who actually achieved a higher finish in the league than Saint Paul!

I think there needs to be a certain amount of responsibility taken my the squad and the management, but the board at the moment... Oh yeah awful record for the last few years with their decision...

That damn McNally. First he hires some Jock in a shell suit who gets us back to back promotions, then when Jocko walks out he brings in this new guy who gets us to our second best finishing position.  Shameful.  Talk about living off your reputation, I''d throw him to the dogs if I were twenty years younger.

[quote user="First Wizard"]point scoring will not be part of my remit. [:|][/quote]

Reckon you might have more in common with Houghton than you thought.

LOL at BBB, but''s what with the torches and pitchforks for Wiz?

Take a deep breath...

... and relax.

Be the bigger man.

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 03/11/2013 9:04 PM:

First Wizard wrote:

point scoring will not be part of my remit.

Reckon you might have more in common with Houghton than you thought.

Ha ha ha ......nice one.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="hogesar"]Well, first of all shock horror at Wiz and the attention-seeking threads after we lose. Especially the wanting us to lose against West Ham (A game which, i might add, would be a vital 3 points for us and no Norwich fan would want us to lose that, in my opinion). As for blaming McNally, you can''t blame an employer every time an employee doesn''t work out. On the face of it Hughton was a good appointment and 90% of Norwich fans (and before you claim, Wiz, that you didn''t think it was a good appointment, that''s fine, i was hardly including you in the ''fans'' category anyway) and last season he done a very good job. You can''t underestimate how hard it would have been for any manager to come in after Lambert. His style of football which got us double-promotions was fantastic entertainment for fans. But Hughton done what he had to and actually improved our league position. That certainly meant in my eyes at least, he deserved a big transfer kitty to go out and get his own squad together. And on that front, I''m relatively impressed with our transfer dealings and on paper we are a much stronger squad. It doesn''t seem to be working for him this season though, and just when we look to be getting our act together we''re still missing a vital cutting edge. We don''t tend to press teams, that seems to be a tactic. And in theory that can work, you have numbers back and if the opposition lose the ball trying to play through you, there''s an opportunity to counter. The entire problem this season, in my opinion, is that we''ve been largely ineffective on the counter. Something we were very strong at under Lambert. You can''t excuse there not being loads of natural pace in the squad because there wasn''t under Lambert. But we certainly don''t move the ball quick enough and our pattern of play is all too predictable. Even the 30 shots against Cardiff - a flattering statistic in many ways - our way of attacking was fairly the same throughout and it allowed Cardiff to get men behind the ball and put in those vital blocks and interceptions. I''ve probably gone a bit off topic, i think i was trying to call Wiz a knob and to STFU, so i''ll go with that.[/quote]

You see? thats what wrong with this site Hoggy, you put up a damn good arguement and then had to go and spoil it with your last bit.

[/quote]

Now you''ve gone and spoiled it for me Wizard. I was about to compliment Hogesar for saving the best bit to last.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="hogesar"]Well, first of all shock horror at Wiz and the attention-seeking threads after we lose. Especially the wanting us to lose against West Ham (A game which, i might add, would be a vital 3 points for us and no Norwich fan would want us to lose that, in my opinion). As for blaming McNally, you can''t blame an employer every time an employee doesn''t work out. On the face of it Hughton was a good appointment and 90% of Norwich fans (and before you claim, Wiz, that you didn''t think it was a good appointment, that''s fine, i was hardly including you in the ''fans'' category anyway) and last season he done a very good job. You can''t underestimate how hard it would have been for any manager to come in after Lambert. His style of football which got us double-promotions was fantastic entertainment for fans. But Hughton done what he had to and actually improved our league position. That certainly meant in my eyes at least, he deserved a big transfer kitty to go out and get his own squad together. And on that front, I''m relatively impressed with our transfer dealings and on paper we are a much stronger squad. It doesn''t seem to be working for him this season though, and just when we look to be getting our act together we''re still missing a vital cutting edge. We don''t tend to press teams, that seems to be a tactic. And in theory that can work, you have numbers back and if the opposition lose the ball trying to play through you, there''s an opportunity to counter. The entire problem this season, in my opinion, is that we''ve been largely ineffective on the counter. Something we were very strong at under Lambert. You can''t excuse there not being loads of natural pace in the squad because there wasn''t under Lambert. But we certainly don''t move the ball quick enough and our pattern of play is all too predictable. Even the 30 shots against Cardiff - a flattering statistic in many ways - our way of attacking was fairly the same throughout and it allowed Cardiff to get men behind the ball and put in those vital blocks and interceptions. I''ve probably gone a bit off topic, i think i was trying to call Wiz a knob and to STFU, so i''ll go with that.[/quote]

You see? thats what wrong with this site Hoggy, you put up a damn good arguement and then had to go and spoil it with your last bit.

[/quote]

Now you''ve gone and spoiled it for me Wizard. I was about to compliment Hogesar for saving the best bit to last.

[/quote]

Lol.

[URL=http://s792.photobucket.com/user/carrowroadphoto/media/david1_zpse80585b3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/carrowroadphoto/david1_zpse80585b3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Is that you parked on a double yellow, Dave?[/quote]

Yeah RU, quite the rebel eh.....I moved before the clampers came![:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"][URL=http://s792.photobucket.com/user/carrowroadphoto/media/david1_zpse80585b3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/carrowroadphoto/david1_zpse80585b3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]Well, tomorrow is Nov 5th.......PENNY FOR THE GUY!!  [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][URL=http://s792.photobucket.com/user/carrowroadphoto/media/david1_zpse80585b3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/carrowroadphoto/david1_zpse80585b3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Well, tomorrow is Nov 5th.......

PENNY FOR THE GUY!!  [:D]
[/quote]

One of your best.[Y]

I credit McNally with driving the massive turn around in the fortunes of the club Wiz.

He has lots of brownie points for me and I hope that he isn''t about to start losing some of them by persisting with CH.

As McNally''s long-standing and harshest critic[:@] I need to defend him here...[;)]He is nowhere near the universal genius with almost godlike powers some fans have imagined. Too many avoidable mistakes for that.But to attack him (even if it was him alone) over the appointment of Hughton is mainly misconceived. We don''t get to choose from the top tier of management (the real cream of the crop) or the second tier (those in or on their way to the top six clubs). Our selection has to be made from the third tier, of the promising but untested or those, such as Hughton, with a mixed track record.I hope we at least tried to prise Poyet (another from the third tier) away from Brighton but there is no guarantee he would have been a success. Failing him, Hughton was a perfectly respectable alternative.And you only have to look at the British names being bandied about here to see again how constrained is the choice of a replacement.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][URL=http://s792.photobucket.com/user/carrowroadphoto/media/david1_zpse80585b3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/carrowroadphoto/david1_zpse80585b3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

[/quote]

One of your best.[Y]

[/quote]

Nice Gillet.  What happened to the long hair?[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

One of your best.[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was starting to thin too rapidly, so I just decided to have it chopped, I''m growing my beard back atm.

Purple

He may well have made many avoidable mistakes, which I am not aware of or have not attributed to him! interested to know what sort of things you are talking about here?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Purple He may well have made many avoidable mistakes, which I am not aware of or have not attributed to him! interested to know what sort of things you are talking about here?[/quote]

At a guess he''s possibly referring to -

- The Colchester Lambo compensation saga

- Grant Holt

- The Lambo Villa saga

& possibly several incidents where some deemed McNally was too harsh with fans including that local brewery thing.....

But the above are nothing more than guesses and I am sure there are a couple of other things that I can''t quite recall yet.

[quote user="hogesar"]Well, first of all shock horror at Wiz and the attention-seeking threads after we lose. Especially the wanting us to lose against West Ham (A game which, i might add, would be a vital 3 points for us and no Norwich fan would want us to lose that, in my opinion).

As for blaming McNally, you can''t blame an employer every time an employee doesn''t work out. On the face of it Hughton was a good appointment and 90% of Norwich fans (and before you claim, Wiz, that you didn''t think it was a good appointment, that''s fine, i was hardly including you in the ''fans'' category anyway) and last season he done a very good job.

You can''t underestimate how hard it would have been for any manager to come in after Lambert. His style of football which got us double-promotions was fantastic entertainment for fans. But Hughton done what he had to and actually improved our league position. That certainly meant in my eyes at least, he deserved a big transfer kitty to go out and get his own squad together.

And on that front, I''m relatively impressed with our transfer dealings and on paper we are a much stronger squad.

It doesn''t seem to be working for him this season though, and just when we look to be getting our act together we''re still missing a vital cutting edge.

We don''t tend to press teams, that seems to be a tactic. And in theory that can work, you have numbers back and if the opposition lose the ball trying to play through you, there''s an opportunity to counter.

The entire problem this season, in my opinion, is that we''ve been largely ineffective on the counter. Something we were very strong at under Lambert. You can''t excuse there not being loads of natural pace in the squad because there wasn''t under Lambert. But we certainly don''t move the ball quick enough and our pattern of play is all too predictable. Even the 30 shots against Cardiff - a flattering statistic in many ways - our way of attacking was fairly the same throughout and it allowed Cardiff to get men behind the ball and put in those vital blocks and interceptions.

I''ve probably gone a bit off topic, i think i was trying to call Wiz a knob and to STFU, so i''ll go with that.[/quote]

Reading this intellectually specious thread I was going to post something very similar until I read this great summary.

We live in an age where the media fosters the notion that you can judge whether a decision was a mistake when it was made by what happens after. See Deal Or No Deal where contestants have to weigh the odds, make a decision based on the risks they are willing to bear and then have random events determine whether their decision is labelled a mistake or not. Utter nonsense.

The decision to appoint Hughton on the facts at the time was undoubtedly a good one. He was then an experienced and highly regarded manager. If it goes wrong now that does not invalidate the decision to appoint especially after achieving his targets last season.

McNally has nothing to date to be criticised for. After next Saturday that may change. Personally, I hope not

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Purple He may well have made many avoidable mistakes, which I am not aware of or have not attributed to him! interested to know what sort of things you are talking about here?[/quote]

- Grant Holt

- The Lambo Villa saga

& possibly several incidents where some deemed McNally was too harsh with fans including that local brewery thing.....

But the above are nothing more than guesses and I am sure there are a couple of other things that I can''t quite recall yet.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t criticise McNally over Holt or, based on what is publicly known, the Lambert Affair. It is the incidents where we have come over all instantly Rambo macho when a bit of calm reflection would have been preferable:1) Nerdgate. Shopping that 17-year-old to the police for filching the shirt design ahead of its unveiling. It was  a silly thing for the youth to do but as McNally, to his credit, quickly admitted, we initially over-reacted.2) The Look East ban. If, as several posters here said, the aim was to get the BBC to cough up the name of its source then that was never going to work. Anyone who knows how the BBC operates could have predicted that, and that we would just end up getting bad publicity. In fact the club was lucky the story never travelled beyond Norfolk to the attention of the nationals.3) And the Colchester compensation case. I will gladly be corrected but I think that was the first time in our history we''d been up before a tribunal for a breach of a serious ethics rule. as opposed to crowd trouble or an on-pitch brawl. And it hangs over us - break that kind of rule again and we will be sentenced as repeat offenders. And with this there was afterwards an admission from McNally, albeit in coded business-speak: "Maybe some lessons have been learned and we will attempt to ensure that they are noted for the future.”

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

One of your best.[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where''s Andy, gone to investigate a ''kerfuffle'' or buy you a monster trucks DVD?

Purple He may well have made many avoidable mistakes, which I am not aware of or have not attributed to him! interested to know what sort of things you are talking about here?

- Grant Holt

- The Lambo Villa saga

& possibly several incidents where some deemed McNally was too harsh with fans including that local brewery thing.....

I wouldn''t criticise McNally over Holt or, based on what is publicly known, the Lambert Affair. It is the incidents where we have come over all instantly Rambo macho when a bit of calm reflection would have been preferable:

1) Nerdgate. Shopping that 17-year-old to the police for filching the shirt design ahead of its unveiling. It was a silly thing for the youth to do but as McNally, to his credit, quickly admitted, we initially over-reacted.

2) The Look East ban. If, as several posters here said, the aim was to get the BBC to cough up the name of its source then that was never going to work. Anyone who knows how the BBC operates could have predicted that, and that we would just end up getting bad publicity. In fact the club was lucky the story never travelled beyond Norfolk to the attention of the nationals.

3) And the Colchester compensation case. I will gladly be corrected but I think that was the first time in our history we''d been up before a tribunal for a breach of a serious ethics rule. as opposed to crowd trouble or an on-pitch brawl. And it hangs over us - break that kind of rule again and we will be sentenced as repeat offenders. And with this there was afterwards an admission from McNally, albeit in coded business-speak: "Maybe some lessons have been learned and we will attempt to ensure that they are noted for the future.”

Thanks purple

I agree with what you say on 1. Good that he was big enough to admit the mistake however.

The BBC incident was ill judged your right.

As for the Colchester case, it was decisive action to bring Lambert in, probably the best decision McNally has made in his professional career. I can''t remember all the detaills and whether it could have been achieved in a more ethical way, but maybe the ends justifies the means here.

[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/magsjoseph/media/Olympic%20Parade%2016th%20October%2008/DSC00462.jpg.html][IMG]http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo137/magsjoseph/Olympic%20Parade%2016th%20October%2008/DSC00462.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

werent we one of the favourites for relegation last season? Mcnally appointed hughton and we finished 11th, thats pretty succesful in my opinion. No doubt if Lambet had stayed and we were in a similar position, which lets face it we probably would be would people be questioning mcnally appointing him as much then? yeah they probably would actually. lets sack hughton and appoint someone else and then sack them when we have a bad run, lets become the next wolves or blackburn