Sign in to follow this  

McNally is just as guilty.

Didn''t see that coming[8-|]

You''re just jealous cuz you haven''t got a thread!

I think the relevant point you''re missing I mentioned on another thread.

At what point will Hughton''s continued tenure be seen by some as McNally''s fault?

McNally will be given much greater lee way than Hughton by the fans. After all, McNally oversaw the progression of our club from the bottom of League 1 to establishing ourselves in the Premiership. And McNally appointed Lambert. Hiring one turkey (Hughton) doesn''t undo the initial good work. Although delaying the sacking will decrease his popularity. And hiring another turkey will tend his competence downwards... But he has a long way to fall so he''s safe at the moment.

I think Mcnally''s reputation is about to be put to the test, Did he just get lucky with Lambert cos his replacement is clearly not up to it. He was quick enough to sack Gunn but has he the balls to sack his own man? Will be an interesting few days and weeks coming up.

i really liked hughton''s interview today. Said he felt sorry for the fans who had to watch that and makes the west ham game much bigger. He seems really determined to turn it around

And repeat. We finished 11th last season. Got x amount of millions of pounds and now have cleared the outside debts. The clubs accountants will be thinking that''s a successful appointment.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i really liked hughton''s interview today. Said he felt sorry for the fans who had to watch that and makes the west ham game much bigger. He seems really determined to turn it around[/quote]

So did Kanute.[^o)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i really liked hughton''s interview today. Said he felt sorry for the fans who had to watch that and makes the west ham game much bigger. He seems really determined to turn it around[/quote]

So did Kanute.[^o)]

[/quote]

What do ex-West Ham strikers have to do with this?

So did Kanute.[^o)]

[/quote]

i think he''ll turn it around

So many threads tonight, this is for me the most interesting topic in terms of the potential for some debate, without it hopefully getting personal as per usual.

I guess he is "guilty" for appointing Chris Hughton, the Chris Hughton who took over a very poor squad from a legend of a Manager who seemed not to be up for the challenge of a second difficult season. A Chris Hughton who then on very limited resources kept us in this league and ended up with a higher league position than than the season before.

If he is now guilty for not knee jerking the dismissal of a Manager who has given our club very decent service, without first giving him a fair chance, then yes he is guilty. BUT from what I have seen of McNally he tends to get the decisions he needs to make just about spot on, and we should be confident that he will do what is necessary when he feels it is the right time.

Takes a brave person to question Davey Mac on here...I have spoken to people who say he didn''t fight to keep Lambert, Bent over when Holty wanted his contract and appointed Hughton for a yes man.Others say he is a shrewd and astute football man, shoots from the hip, takes no prisoners....Hughton was his man...

[quote user="crabbycanary"]What did McNally say when you contacted him to put over your frustrations Wiz?[/quote]

So far nothing, he''s in hiding.

Ignoring the footballing aside,and putting a business head on, do you think last season was a success Wiz?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]What did McNally say when you contacted him to put over your frustrations Wiz?[/quote]

So far nothing, he''s in hiding.

[/quote]

You keep trying. A dozen emails a day will get his attention sooner rather than later, I would wager.

Let us know, when he does contact you

[quote user="Herman "]Ignoring the footballing aside,and putting a business head on, do you think last season was a success Wiz?[/quote]

Nice try Herman, but how can a football club ignore the football?

As sad as it is I tend to agree with SOME of this. I don''t think many other chairmen would of let this charade continue for this long when the writing was on the wall from a while back. Has McNasty''s arrogance cost us 9-12 points this season by refusing to admit he had got it wrong. There''s no shame in admitting it at the end of the day it''s a hard job he has to do and a lot of people''s (fans) upset\happiness rests on his shoulders. HOWEVER all that being said he''s the best thing that happened to this club for a long time and certainly shouldn''t be subject to the crap that Who?-ton and his musketeers should. They''re the problem weeks and weeks it''s the same bloody problems that them idiots can not address. Jesus my 1 and 4 year old kids could of sorted half the problems them dimlow''s couldn''t fathom\see. Mr McNasty we love you, but just sort the pressing issue of mr Nice and his muppet-teers

So did Kanute.[^o)]

[/quote]

Actually Wiz, that is very witty.

Just answer a straight question for once, adding all the components together. The football and the business side of things. Do you think last season was a success?

[quote user="Herman "]Just answer a straight question for once, adding all the components together. The football and the business side of things. Do you think last season was a success?[/quote]
Lol, good luck.