Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Paul Tierney

Marcs Brother has been very vocal on Twitter since Saturday.

It has spelt a lot out to us. Basically Marc frozen out (can cope with as i actually really rate Garrido) and also Fox, Wes and Holt.

Really do wish Fox had got more of a chance under Hughton. Yes he has his shortcomings but he more than held his own in our first season in the premiership. He''s twice the player Johnson is anyway.

Fox.Lol.I don''t suppose you watched him play on the telly the other night against Ippo?

Maybe now, but he''s been frozen out and lost fitness and playing time. We''ve both made his career then ruined it.

You clearly never watched Johnson the other day versus Man City...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Maybe now, but he''s been frozen out and lost fitness and playing time. We''ve both made his career then ruined it.

You clearly never watched Johnson the other day versus Man City...[/quote]So Fox was the answer all along, who would have thunk it?

Just went to have a look at this, the bloke is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Said nothing of worth, and is just throwing toys out of the pram.

Fox isn''t twice the player Johnson is.

Lambert didn''t think so, neither does Hughton. They are also different style players. Fox is twice the passer, yes. But twice the player, no way. Yes its ''lame'' to point to managers to argue my side, but which player was a regular last season? Which player is currently out on loan at a lower league side?

Fox only started two more games than Johnson is 11/2. He never scored, and he certainly never provided a ball like he did for Jackson against Pompey. Pretty much the only example of an assist i''ve ever seen a Fox fan give (although i''m sure there are more). Fox is just as overrated by some as Johnson is underrated. Neither are what you''d call genuine PL quality, but both do a decent job in this league in the right team.

[quote user="Gingerpele"] Johnson is underrated. .[/quote]

[img]http://images.wikia.com/thehungergames/images/f/fd/1346839458-auto-dafuq-dafuq-did-i-just-read-200165.jpeg[/img]

Lambert wanted to play in a style which kept possession and built a foothold in games, that''s why Fox suited that style of play.

Fox is similar to Leon Britton, both good passers, if a little light-weight.

Bradders is just there to win tackles and headers whilst protecting the back four. The less said about his passing range or shooting the better.

''Proving my point Banana, thanks. ''

Lol so we can either agree with you that Johnson is underrated or disagree and prove your point?

Reminds me of The Life of Brian.. ''Only the true Messiah denies his divinity''

I think it is a very fair point you make there GingerPele. Lambert started with Johnson 21 times in the Premiership and Fox 17. So in his opinion they were of a very similar standard. Johnson has hardly missed a game until recently whereas Fox has been nowhere to be seen under Hughton. So Hughton evidently thought Johnson was the superior player by some way. However, a manager with a different philosophy could potentially see it entirely definitely. So as you say it''s not an absolute indicator of a player''s abilities.

I personally prefer David Fox to Bradley Johnson if we are attempting to make a direct comparison between the two. The main reason for this being that Fox''s distribution is far superior to Johnson''s. Ultimately what is the point in winning the ball back if you are only going to surrender it very cheaply to the opposition again? I think Johnson had the worst pass completion of any regular starting midfielder in the league last season (around 75%). Despite Johnson''s undoubted advantage in terms of physicality I also don''t think this necessarily means he is more secure defensively than Fox. His lack of mobility does let him down and I remember reading somewhere that he was the most dribbled past player in the division last year along with Craig Gardner as result. Fox has played the holding role at the base of diamond in a promotion winning team. So he certainly isn''t a mug defensively.

One thing I think we can agree on is that given the scarcity of midfield options currently available to us at the moment it does seem odd that our 3rd best player (according to the fans at least) from a team which did better than this one is at present can''t get a look in at all.

I''m a big fan of Fox, and yes he has been frozen out by Hughton but people seem to make out it''s personal - he just doesn''t fit in with Hughtons ethos. Similarly, Hoolahan doesn''t seem to either.

Playing in a certain way Fox can be a major asset - this was proved under Lambert and just because he hasn''t torn the league apart with Barnsley yet (you have to account for the fact that his main asset is his passing range which is dependant upon movement down either flanks which i would suggest isn''t commonplace in a bottom 3 championship side), doesn''t mean he isn''t capable of performing in the future.

I do think, unfortunately, there isn''t really a place for him in our team anymore...which is a huge shame because none of our midfielders seem capable of pinging a long direct ball to either flank.

No Lord Stark. Not at all.

It was Banana''s response, not the disagreeing. If you purely responded by saying you don''t think Johnson is underrated and gave your reasons, fine. Banana didn''t do that. He gave the kind of pathetic childish response I''ve been moaned at for giving before.

In my opinion, quite a lot of Norwich fans really do underrate him. I''ve been seen him called a non-league player by multiple people on here and twitter. And even more saying no where near PL standerd, which regardless of what you think of his footballing abilit is incorrect. He isn''t traditionally a good standerd PL footballer, but he does a pretty decent job pretty consistently over the past tap years under two different managers with a variety of midfield partners.

Too many decent footballers have been "frozen out" for me. Career guidance or advice about moving on would be a normal approach for a football club.

Mr Nice Guy seems to be a bit rude to me. Holt Morison, Tierney, Fox, Surman, et al all appear to make a simple complaint that they have been disrespcted, blanked and/or left confused by a lack of communication.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Personally I''d say Fox and Johnson are the two halves of a good prem player.[/quote]

what''s johnson good at again? Fox had a good pass, johnson is meant to be our muscle i guess, but we have tettey. I suppose he''s not a bad squad player to have at this stage as we had other areas to address during the summer.

Wes is being now and Holt was going to be so got out. He said it himself he wasn''t going to be getting enough games this season with the new buys.

Imagine Holt and RVW though... I reckon Holts presence up there would have made all the difference for RVW.

so the Brother of a former player we sold for not being good enough is complaining his brother never got the chance...

Tell me then Paul, which other Premiership sides have decided to give Marc a chance since leaving us???

shut up and worry about his own career!