Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc1

non norwich fans and media

In the media and everyone I have spoken to outside of the Norwich fan base think we would be crazy to get rid of CH this early in the season and think we should give him a lot more time to gel the team and new players

I for 1 lost faith in him a couple of games ago and is the only reason he hasn''t been sacked is we finished 11th last season

Well I would hope not. Last season is gone. The only logical reason that I can see would be that the board still have faith in him for this season. If that''s the case then the next few fixtures will determine his fate.

However, something could still happen this week I guess. Following the Colchester defeat Gunn remained in post until the Friday afternoon before the Exeter game. Between the two he won a cup game 4-0 which didn''t save him.

All we can do is speculate...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well I would hope not. Last season is gone. The only logical reason that I can see would be that the board still have faith in him for this season. If that''s the case then the next few fixtures will determine his fate.

However, something could still happen this week I guess. Following the Colchester defeat Gunn remained in post until the Friday afternoon before the Exeter game. Between the two he won a cup game 4-0 which didn''t save him.

[/quote]

With an international break coming very soon I would imagine if the board decide it is time for Hughton to go, that will be the moment.

The new manager would get a realtively easy start with Newcastle, Palace, West Brom, Swansea and Sunderland all in the first month to 6 weeks.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]The main difference I can think of is that Gunn was appointed before Bowkett and McNally were added to the board. He obviously wasn''t rated by either of them but they had no reason to act until that 7-1 match. The fact that the league cup match was won 4-0 only shows that the decision had been made already, but wasn''t announced until they were fairly certain the man they wanted (Lambert) would accept the job offer. Hughton, we have to remember was McNally''s (an possibly Bowkett) appointment. We have no idea of knowing how many other people were interviewed/considered for the job. It seems to me that the board of directors, as a whole were hurt by how Lambert engineered his departure to Villa (which was shown in the poor way they handled the backroom staff leaving to follow him). Which would make sense that they appointed a man whose natural personality is different to Lambert''s.I still think the board believe in Hughton, but a defeat against West Ham would make it very hard not to sack him.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

With an international break coming very soon I would imagine if the board decide it is time for Hughton to go, that will be the moment.

The new manager would get a realtively easy start with Newcastle, Palace, West Brom, Swansea and Sunderland all in the first month to 6 weeks.

[/quote]

I think you''re probably right Beth. But the board have to take a gamble either way. The fixtures are ones we need a decent return from. I guess they have to decide whether to gamble with Hughton or another manager for that set of games. Many people will say it''s a no-brainer. But I''m not so sure. Whichever way they go once those fixtures are gone we won''t get them again. Surely the board are in the right place to make a more informed gamble than us? Surely they know  what the relationships really are between the players and managers an coaches. I don''t want to have to make that call. I''m glad I don''t have to make that call. If push comes to shove right now I think the safest gamble would be to keep Hughton. But if it goes wrong Saturday I may well change my mind.

In truth I can''t see the board agreeing with me. I can''t see that they would have the managers future hanging on the result of one game. Either way I suspect they already know what is going to happen in the international break. What do you think Beth?

What do people think it is like for a player signed by a particular manager? For instance, RvW, Hooper, Fer - they all signed for Hughton. if Hughton gets sacked, how is it likely to make them feel? Are they likely to feel less attached to the club? Will it undermine their confidence wondering whether the new guy rates them? Or are they thinking at present ''this wasnt what I signed up for'' so might they see the change as a positive thing? Most players in the team now are Hughton signings, so surely part of their attachment to the club comes from him. Id imagine only the players who preceded him and are perhaps out of favour or not enjoying the change might be rubbing their hands with glee. How would Hughton being sacked influence those like Fer and RvW do people think?

In the case of RVW and Hooper I would think they would welcome managment who introduces a style of play that allows them to touch the ball more than half a dozen times a game and give them a few chances a game and not spend their time chasing lost causes and losing ariel battles to 2 6ft 4 centre halves.

I think it depends if they have respect for the manager. If, as has been suggested, they downed tools on Saturday because they didn''t respect him then they won''t really give 2 shlts.

In the media and everyone I have spoken to outside of the Norwich fan base think we would be crazy to get rid of CH this early in the season and think we should give him a lot more time to gel the team and new players

and a lot of norwich fan''s think this , a lot more than the one''s who want him out

[quote user="skippdogg"]In the media and everyone I have spoken to outside of the Norwich fan base think we would be crazy to get rid of CH this early in the season and think we should give him a lot more time to gel the team and new players

and a lot of norwich fan''s think this , a lot more than the one''s who want him out[/quote]

I wouldn''t be so sure about that. None of my friends or colleagues that I talk to in the real world want him to stay. It''s becoming harder and harder to find fans on his dide. Can''t be only the people I know.

And despite that there''s been no ''Hughton Out'' calls at Carrow Road. The only time I heard his name chanted in the last game was in support. Perhaps it will happen on Saturday. Or perhaps the current fans are timid. Or perhaps there really isn''t that many outers.  We shall see!

Back in Worthy''s time I guess men were men and sheep were sheep[&]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you''re probably right Beth. But the board have to take a gamble either way. The fixtures are ones we need a decent return from. I guess they have to decide whether to gamble with Hughton or another manager for that set of games. Many people will say it''s a no-brainer. But I''m not so sure. Whichever way they go once those fixtures are gone we won''t get them again. Surely the board are in the right place to make a more informed gamble than us? Surely they know  what the relationships really are between the players and managers an coaches. I don''t want to have to make that call. I''m glad I don''t have to make that call. If push comes to shove right now I think the safest gamble would be to keep Hughton. But if it goes wrong Saturday I may well change my mind.

In truth I can''t see the board agreeing with me. I can''t see that they would have the managers future hanging on the result of one game. Either way I suspect they already know what is going to happen in the international break. What do you think Beth?

[/quote]

Nutty, your point wasn''t directed to me but my opinion is absolutely aligned with what I highlighted from your comments. Further, I suspect the decision has already been made to let Hughton and his staff go. I do not wish to get into the rhetoric of whether last season was a success or not. We all know what fine margins were and are involved in surviving or not. I think the Board would have had enough concerns coming out of last seasons efforts after Christmas such that there would have been much discussion between Hughton and the Board regarding what was required to ensure our campaign this term had a much more positive look to it. To be fair to Hughton, most of us were probably very hopeful for a much more positive approach on a consistent basis. If I were a member of the Board someone would have to work very hard to persuade me, on the basis of what has transpired so far in this calendar year overall, that I need more evidence before reaching a decision that change is required. I''m not discounting that we may get one or two results to go in our favor but that would not sway me because I would be firmly of the opinion that, without change,  I would likely see much repetition over the coming months of what has been witnessed during the past several months.     

I meant to say, "To be fair to Hughton, based upon the recruits brought in, most of us were probably very hopeful for a much more positive approach on a consistent basis."

I myself don''t think he will be sacked much before January, if at all, as already said the fixtures are winnable ones and a new manager will be a bigger risk  , Not only that who is available who would or could we afford to bring in, and at the moment their are not many out there any better than Hughton who are looking for a job.   

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty, your point wasn''t directed to me but my opinion is absolutely aligned with what I highlighted from your comments. Further, I suspect the decision has already been made to let Hughton and his staff go. I do not wish to get into the rhetoric of whether last season was a success or not. We all know what fine margins were and are involved in surviving or not. I think the Board would have had enough concerns coming out of last seasons efforts after Christmas such that there would have been much discussion between Hughton and the Board regarding what was required to ensure our campaign this term had a much more positive look to it. To be fair to Hughton, most of us were probably very hopeful for a much more positive approach on a consistent basis. If I were a member of the Board someone would have to work very hard to persuade me, on the basis of what has transpired so far in this calendar year overall, that I need more evidence before reaching a decision that change is required. I''m not discounting that we may get one or two results to go in our favor but that would not sway me because I would be firmly of the opinion that, without change,  I would likely see much repetition over the coming months of what has been witnessed during the past several months.     

[/quote]

Basically this extra international break probably brought Hughton more time. But since the October break we have scored one goal and conceded fifteen. If Hughton is still here for the Newcastle game then I suspect the board have confidence in his ability to achieve their goals again this season.

Interesting times and as I said I''m glad I don''t have to make the decision.

nutty posted:-

Basically this extra international break probably brought Hughton more time. But since the October break we have scored one goal and conceded fifteen. If Hughton is still here for the Newcastle game then I suspect the board have confidence in his ability to achieve their goals again this season.

Interesting times and as I said I''m glad I don''t have to make the decision.

You mean his ability to inspire the board and "score" with them is greater than his abilty to inspire the team and get them to score.[:D]

It''s a funny world were millions rest on the abilty of a man to accurately kick a bag of wind!