Sign in to follow this  
morty

Ch-ch-ch-changes.

Put aside any bias you have towards, or against Chris Hughton for the minute. What changes do you think he may make this week?

There were a lot of players who didn''t show up on Saturday, and its obvious that some maybe don''t deserve a starting place this Saturday.

Will Chris have taken lessons on board and made changes, both tactically and in personnel?

Or will he throw out the same old team and hope for the best, even though his job is on the line?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I think he will be cautious as it is strikerless West Ham. [:D][/quote]Andy Carrol is fit for Saturday apparently.[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I think he will be cautious as it is strikerless West Ham. [:D][/quote]Andy Carrol is fit for Saturday apparently.[Y][/quote]

So the guy who made him what he is at Newcastle could come back to topple him!

How close to fitness are Snodgrass and Redmond?

I would personally give Redmond a bit of a free role behind the striker. He has that bit of ''x'' factor that none of our other players possess, and in true Hucks style could cause all sorts of problems.

If Snoddy is not quite there, then that may change things somewhat with CH probably putting Redmond out wide.

Think he will start with Wolfie,Hooper, Elmander on the bench and bring then on, in a massive tactical swithch, in the 89th min.

This is in response to West Ham being 2-0 up after 5mins![:)]

Submit his plans to City Hall on the ground expansion proving that its possible to do whilst maintaining the current attendance figures.

Press send on the apology email to Grant Holt. 

Do a deal with EE for free 4G at Carrow Rd. 

Make everyone stand further away whilst he is closer so that he becomes taller.

Start his next press conference by stating that Sam Allerdyce is a big fat loser and him and his team will get the tonking of thier lives because they are a load of big girls blouses.

Substitue Robert Snodgrass because he''s failed to beat the defender on his first attempt.

Hand out maps of Carrow Road that have a big red arrow pointing to the dressing room.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

How close to fitness are Snodgrass and Redmond?

I would personally give Redmond a bit of a free role behind the striker. He has that bit of ''x'' factor that none of our other players possess, and in true Hucks style could cause all sorts of problems.

If Snoddy is not quite there, then that may change things somewhat with CH probably putting Redmond out wide.

[/quote]I think Snodgrass is closer than Redmond.

He has to change it.

From what i''ve seen of the last few games, Johnson is not up to it so I would hope we go back to just having Howson and Fer in the middle.

Bassong has been awful, but has the quality to be better and now is not the time for Hughton to drop one of his most trustworthy players.

Snoddy, Redderz and RVW look like they are back in contention, i think all three could play. Optimistically, i''d like to see RVW and Hooper play as it''s not really been tried yet. RVW was just starting to learn to drop deep a bit better before his latest knock and I feel he should be given a go to supplement Hooper and link Fer and Howson.

Garrido back in at left back please, Olsson hasn''t convinced me there so far, i''d be tempted to drop Pilks and go with Olsson on the left wing. Garrido is one of our most solid defenders.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Think he will start with Wolfie,Hooper, Elmander on the bench and bring then on, in a massive tactical swithch, in the 89th min.

[/quote]

Well said Butler. [Y]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Well said Butler. [Y]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He has to change it.

From what i''ve seen of the last few games, Johnson is not up to it so I would hope we go back to just having Howson and Fer in the middle.

Bassong has been awful, but has the quality to be better and now is not the time for Hughton to drop one of his most trustworthy players.

Snoddy, Redderz and RVW look like they are back in contention, i think all three could play. Optimistically, i''d like to see RVW and Hooper play as it''s not really been tried yet. RVW was just starting to learn to drop deep a bit better before his latest knock and I feel he should be given a go to supplement Hooper and link Fer and Howson.

Garrido back in at left back please, Olsson hasn''t convinced me there so far, i''d be tempted to drop Pilks and go with Olsson on the left wing. Garrido is one of our most solid defenders.[/quote]For me, you were doing well there until you got to "drop Pilks"On his day, if he is up for it, he is (I think) our best attacking threat.

According to Radio 5, West Ham played 4-6-0 in a dire 0-0 game vs Villa on Saturday, so even if Carroll is back they''ll be playing 4-5-1. 

So if we play 2 up front I''d be seriously worried that WH outnumber us in midfield and our strikers get no service.  Not a game to change our back 4 so Olsson, Basso, Turner and Martin.

So I hope Tettey is back as DM, giving Fer and Howson licence to get forward, and hope RVW is back too.

The flanks are the tricky part due to injuries.  Assuming Redmond is still out and Snoddy not 100%, I''d go with Murphy and Pilks.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He has to change it.

Garrido back in at left back please, Olsson hasn''t convinced me there so far, i''d be tempted to drop Pilks and go with Olsson on the left wing. Garrido is one of our most solid defenders.[/quote]For me, you were doing well there until you got to "drop Pilks"On his day, if he is up for it, he is (I think) our best attacking threat.[/quote]

Was torn between him and Olsson, I suppose Pilks at left mid would be less risk, we know what to expect to an extent a bit more.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

So I hope Tettey is back as DM, giving Fer and Howson licence to get forward, and hope RVW is back too.

[/quote]Tettey is out until Jan at least.I want Johnson dropped, which will unfortunately lead to Fer being sacrificed to the DM position.  I''d then have Howson and Redmond in midfield with Snodgrass and Pilks on the wings.  RvW up front.  Possibility that Redmond is on the wing if Snodgrass is not 100% with Hooper or RvW playing in the hole.

I''d personally give Bassong a rest, he still doesn''t look fit to me, I don''t know if the knee operation wasn''t as successful as hoped or if it''s another issue, either way I''d give him a rest until after the international break. I''d bring Bennett back in for him, his aeirial ability will be useful against Carroll if he plays too.

Tettey is out until new year, heard this morning that Redmond is doubtful, RVW if fit will be on the bench again I''m sure and I believe Morty, that Hughton will stick by the team he had at Man City, believing that they will have a reaction to the drubbing.

I can''t see him starting two up top, but I can see Hooper starting and a 5 man midfield to combat the 5 or 6 man midfield West Ham set up with.

I think he will go with , 1-4-5-1 as he just does not make drastic changes.

Ruddy,

Martin, Turner, Bassong, Olsson

Whittaker, Fer, Johnson, Howson, Pils

Hooper.

I had an intersting chat with a binner yesterday and he said that Hughton worries too much about the oppostition and not on his best starting 11 and system they can play.

MacCarthy he said had brough in the youngsters to play his way, those who did not fit in were dispansed with including JET who he said was on his day thier best player.

I sort of understand this comment, maybe this league does cause Hughton to worry too much about closing out the opposition rahter than what is out best team and tactics to get the best out of them, give the team visiting the headache of how they play us........

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I think he will be cautious as it is strikerless West Ham. [:D][/quote]

Andy Carrol is fit for Saturday apparently.[Y]
[/quote]

Would be bloody typical if true - I know Allardyce said he''d be back training in two or three weeks a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully it turned out to be three weeks, but I would still imagine it is too soon for him to be able to start a game. Think Norwich will be facing the might of Carlton Cole on Saturday - although it is Morrison who Norwich will have to keep a close eye on; a player with a gift for running past defensive midfielders and Norwich''s defensive midfielder being Bradly Johnson, a player with a gift for letting midfielders run past him.

Your binner friend had maybe been reading the mail article! but yes he is right.

Interesting Indy.

I have always advocated letting the opposition worry about ''us'', whether it is any teams I have played in, or supported, or to be honest, what is the point?

If you are an amateur, you give up your time and energies to play and win. If you are a team that relies on thousands of people supporting you, then you have a duty to  ''try'' and win, through 100% effort and the best coaching tactics you can employ, to extract the best out of your team

Andy Carroll should not be an issue for us, we face top players every week, it''s about time we learned how to deal with them instead of worrying about them

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

I''d personally give Bassong a rest, he still doesn''t look fit to me, I don''t know if the knee operation wasn''t as successful as hoped or if it''s another issue, either way I''d give him a rest until after the international break. I''d bring Bennett back in for him, his aeirial ability will be useful against Carroll if he plays too.

[/quote]Yeah, with you on this one[Y]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Andy Carroll should not be an issue for us, we face top players every week, it''s about time we learned how to deal with them instead of worrying about them[/quote]

It''s an issue because West Ham have been without a striker pretty much all season - so if they get their first choice striker back they become a much stronger team. I''m not saying it makes it an impossible job, it''s Carroll not Ibrahimovic, but it would be typical bad luck if Norwich were the first team to have to face West Ham with Carroll back this season.

I know what you''re saying Bethnal, just think that we need more focus on what we are trying to do rather than nullifying the opposition. We need to focus on how we are going to hit the back of the net cos it''s almost inevitable that they will score.

[quote user="Indy"]

Tettey is out until new year, heard this morning that Redmond is doubtful, RVW if fit will be on the bench again I''m sure and I believe Morty, that Hughton will stick by the team he had at Man City, believing that they will have a reaction to the drubbing.

I can''t see him starting two up top, but I can see Hooper starting and a 5 man midfield to combat the 5 or 6 man midfield West Ham set up with.

I think he will go with , 1-4-5-1 as he just does not make drastic changes.

Ruddy,

Martin, Turner, Bassong, Olsson

Whittaker, Fer, Johnson, Howson, Pils

Hooper.

I had an intersting chat with a binner yesterday and he said that Hughton worries too much about the oppostition and not on his best starting 11 and system they can play.

MacCarthy he said had brough in the youngsters to play his way, those who did not fit in were dispansed with including JET who he said was on his day thier best player.

I sort of understand this comment, maybe this league does cause Hughton to worry too much about closing out the opposition rahter than what is out best team and tactics to get the best out of them, give the team visiting the headache of how they play us........

[/quote]

A real blow if Tettey is out that long, which does leave BJ in midfield so let''s hope he plays better.

I agree with your lineup except if RVW is fit, he''s got to play, our best striker by far.  And I wouldn''t want Whittaker on the flank again for a game when we should be attacking, so if Redmond is still out I''d bite the bullet and start with Murphy.  He caused Man C some problems when he came on, which is more than you can say for most of our attacking players.

Agree ICF, I think RVW must play, but only if fully fit.Interesting on Murphy, I didn''t see his performance against Man City, do you consider him a genuine starter now?