Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shirt

Maybe not Hughton out?

I''m wondering if we might not be as well, given the good will and apparent faith in Chris Hughtons ability, to appoint the dreaded Director of Football.

Someone who can allow Hughton to coach and advise on transfers etc but actually pull more strings and push him to do better. Someone to be a sounding board and force him to use a sounding board for team matters.

I''m not sure who the candidates might be- I also suspect that CH himself may be better at that role than the one he''s in- maybe a George Graham or Jean Tigana type who has had success but no longer wants to manage?

This would of course be an option, but I think if the Board decides to change then change is what''s required. It would be a complete change of the first team Management team no doubt if it happens.

I always think its a bit of a slap in the face for a manager when a club appoints a director of football, and while in theory it sounds like it could be beneficial, I have actually seen no evidence to support this. For an example, see below :-[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/1208995_614988921857320_389944421_n_zps3fee54a7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/1208995_614988921857320_389944421_n_zps3fee54a7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]i would say that Newcastle look better this season and Hughton deserves a slap in the face[/quote]Do you think that has anything to do with Joe Kinnear?I wouldn''t either, but an appointment smacks a little of "We''re just going to get this guy to keep an eye on you"