Sign in to follow this  
morty

Blimey, positive article for a change!

My dilemma on this board is I don''t care about being proved wrong about Hughton but I am convinced he is bad for us as manager.

The success of NCFC over my ego every time. In reality I am a person with a small ego despite my persona on here.

In sport doubts and negative thoughts have to be suppressed but fear of failure can be a positive. Do we need to beat West Ham, without a doubt. Are we good enough to beat West Ham? Yes, we absolutely are.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]They are in great form at the moment, a no show against a team like that and you get stuffed. It happens! We will not the last team to get a hammering there in the PL this season that''s for sure![/quote]

And Hull, Cardiff etc?

[/quote]

Do people forget when you are forced to  make 6 changes against a team like Man -city or United you can, without a crystal ball predict the outcome, Man City put 5  past R/S last night and feel they will do the same to a lot more in the league this season,   

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Fair enough, Morty. A good piece of balance here. Time will tell. I don''t care which way it goes as long as NCFC are OK.[/quote]Agreed[Y][/quote]

I really don''t see how any fan with the wellbeing of the Club at heart can disagree with this.

I really don''t see how anyone with the wellbeing of the Club at heart can insist Hughton must go whatever. 

[quote user="the bristol nest"]When I read an article like this one I feel like I am being fed a line from the board. I suspect that no changes will be made now until the end of Novemebr at the earliest.[/quote]Its not massively inaccurate though, is it? Or gushingly biased, is it?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Fair enough, Morty. A good piece of balance here. Time will tell. I don''t care which way it goes as long as NCFC are OK.[/quote]Agreed[Y][/quote]

I really don''t see how any fan with the wellbeing of the Club at heart can disagree with this.

I really don''t see how anyone with the wellbeing of the Club at heart can insist Hughton must go whatever. 

[/quote]The best result for the club is that he turns it around, I hope he can.

It''s neither inaccurate nor gushing. It is a point of view that I held until recently but have had challenged by the nature of our recent defeat and our dreadful goal record which are not really addressed in the article.

I wonder whether the author is using his inside knoweledge to accurately predict the possible outcome. It makes him look wise and the board get their message out.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]It''s neither inaccurate nor gushing. It is a point of view that I held until recently but have had challenged by the nature of our recent defeat and our dreadful goal record which are not really addressed in the article.

I wonder whether the author is using his inside knoweledge to accurately predict the possible outcome. It makes him look wise and the board get their message out.[/quote]You can''t accurately predict a possible outcome, but I take your point.But if we take the knee jerking emotion out of it all, its probably the common sense course of action to take.Unless we lose on Saturday....

Right, us Cambridge being the majority of fans who have had to put up with some frustrating times of late!

It''s not like we only just lost to Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City & Man U, we only scored 2 goals and conceded 18 in those games! That''s just not acceptable at any level and to say we played well in some of those games is laughable! We competed to a certain degree with Arsenal and Chelsea and their quality showed through! Manchester visit was nothing short of a disaster, 11 goals conceded major injuries to some key players and demoralising to fans and players.

Even Cardiff we had 31 shots but as someone posted a few weeks back, we could have had another 31 shots and still not scored! The truth is Ruddy saved us as Cardiff hade the best chance of that game!

I have been pro Hughton and I really like the guy, but this type of article is detremantal to the club, it''s not a short term issue it''s been there since December 2012, even through pre season we struggled to score and we have had 10 games some guttless performances, some frustrating performances and some good performances but in my view it is time for Hughton to do the honest thing and take Trollop & Calderwood to a mid table championship club which we will be if we carry on like we are.

We will see after Saturday where we sit and there''s no excuse other than a convincing win to keep these guys employed.

So I along with the majority of city fans hope to be proven wrong, but I won''t hold my breath.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Which is why I''m glad I don''t have to make the decision.  It''d be different if we had owners and a board who hadn''t proved that they have the wellbeing of the club at heart...

And!!!!! the only positive article I want to read is on Sunday morning, Norwich 2-0 West Ham. That would be a positive article. ;-)

I am a little peed today, sorry for the negative nelly head but my glass is half empty today!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Wolves'' mistake wasn''t sacking McCarthy, it was not getting a replacement in.[/quote]And thats why we don''t make the decisions, its a board who have more experience in such things. Sometimes it is best to hold your nerve, but its a huge decision to make. I''m sure the Wolves board look back at that decision, and cringe. I wonder how many of their fans who called for Mick''s head, now regret it?Lol, can you imagine if fans fired and hired managers?

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Morty wrote

You can''t accurately predict a possible outcome, but I take your point.

Is this homework?[/quote]See me after class.

I think the best thing would be to sack Hughton and every week draw a lottery from the crowd to be the manager for that week! We are all best managers in world.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="the bristol nest"]Morty wrote You can''t accurately predict a possible outcome, but I take your point. Is this homework?[/quote]

See me after class.
[/quote]

Miss Morty Whiplash![:O][+o(]

[quote user="morty"][:|]
[/quote]

You love it and you know you do!

You love it and you know you do.........

P.S. That didn''t start out as a chant, I started typing the first line and it seemed a natural progression.

But I feel the growing clamour for Hughton''s head - fuelled partly by Adrian Durham''s provocative TalkSport Drive show - is out of proportion to the reality of the situation.

Is it April 1st?

Morty had a bit of a wobble at the weekend but is back in the Hughton can do no wrong camp. Lets see what side of the pendulum he will be on after wet spam game.

Hughton out

[quote user="River end canary"]Morty had a bit of a wobble at the weekend but is back in the Hughton can do no wrong camp. Lets see what side of the pendulum he will be on after wet spam game.

Hughton out[/quote]

Wrong

I''m not sure Morty is that black and white at the mo, more a shade of gray!! This was about someone''s positives spin on things! Nice, but not from where I sit today!

To be fair, I''m in the out camp but have not a clue who I would like to take over. I will wait to see what the mighty MacNally has in store and back them when or if the change is made.

Of course putting people into "teams" rather stagnates debate because surprisingly posters from both of these "teams" can come up with very good points. But the fighting''s fun too...

Been out all day and only just picked up on this thread.

It seems pretty lazy journalism to me . All Nursey appears to have done is look at NCFC''s recent game record, trawled through a few threads on Forums like this, and taken a sort of straw poll, but veered away from the general concensus, just to be provocative when writing the actual piece.

There''s nothing all that revolutionary in it. I think all of us , with a few notable exceptions, wish that it hadn''t come to this; that Hughton had woken up and smelt the coffee months ago. This is something Nursey fails to take into account...that this problem is not only a recent phenomenon, and despite howls of protest from apologists, who''ve made all sorts of wild accusations of negativity, scaremongering and the like, many on here and elsewhere have desperately wanted Hughton to succeed, but known in our heart of hearts that it''s all going wrong.

Speaking personally, I really have thought (and have consistently said so) that he should be given to the end of Nov to sort it out given the tough run of fixtures we had in Oct, but I recognise now that the events at the Etihad mean that scenario is unlikely if we do not beat West Ham.

The one thing I really still cannot believe is the number of people who are playing the "we''d never replace him with anyone better" card. I maintain that there will be no shortage of quality applicants for the job , should the curtain fall on the Hughton era over the next couple of weeks.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]

The one thing I really still cannot believe is the number of people who are playing the "we''d never replace him with anyone better" card. I maintain that there will be no shortage of quality applicants for the job , should the curtain fall on the Hughton era over the next couple of weeks.[/quote]

I haven''t seen anyone say that. Were all these people posting on here?

Nigel , there have been several threads over the course of the last couple of weeks where people have been invited to suggest names who could replace CH if he was fired.

Dozens of names have been mentioned, Martin O''Neill, Ian Holloway, Malky, Pulis, Chris Coleman to name but 5. Plus many names from the continent who many of us have never even heard of.

But the one consistent strand running through was the same old members poo-pooing every one, as and when their names were mentioned. A frequent observation is that (and I paraphrase) "they will be no improvement over CH, and will probably be worse" .

And no, it''s not just happened on here either. There were at least 6 callers on Canary Call after the Cardiff game who were saying much the same. The same view has been expressed in the EDP too.