Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

He's not going. At least not yet.

After the final whistle sounded yesterday I felt sure Hughton would be sacked by the end of the weekend. However, I''ve had it confirmed by a contact that he won''t be sacked. At least not now. I have no info on how much longer he has, but have been told that he won''t be sacked before the West Ham game.

I don''t see the point in giving him longer. We''re going nowhere under his management. It''s time for a change.

McNally said yesterday that he wasn''t getting the sack, was hardly going to backtrack from that before another ball had been kicked.

Monday 11th will be the earliest that he is sacked, if we fail to beat West Ham. If we do beat West Ham he will probably get the Palace game too.

I want him gone now really, but two wins in our next two home games would probably save him his job (really can''t see us scoring yet alone winning right now).

The board are being weak and naive by seemingly giving Hughton more time. Too many players aren''t playing for him.

Hughton has turned out to be the wrong appointment and the board should be big enough to admit it.

The West Ham game has Worthington/Burnley written all over it.

How bad do things have to be before the board replace him?

Maybe they have already decided to sack him but want the replacement lined up first?

Would make sense to me, putting Neil Adams in charge could end very badly.

I''m sure the board must have someone in mind at the very least and Mackay''s position at Cardiff is watched with interest.

If the board can''t get their man straight away, I''d happily see Adams take change for the next game as he can not do any worse than Hughton and plays the game the ''right way'', but I don''t think it would be in anyones interest to have Adams as a permanent appointment.

Adams as a permanent appointment probably wouldn''t be an option anyway, as he is unlikely to possess the UEFA Pro License.

You can be a caretaker in the Prem without one, but only for a short period and can''t take the permanent job unless you have the license (and it takes a year to do the course).

The license issue is a bit of a non starter though, there have been a load of exceptions given in the past and there is a strong precedent for managers who promise to complete the course being allowed to manage anyway.

[quote user="crab"]

What did Mcnally say yesterday? Must’ve missed that!

[/quote]

Yes can we have a link please, I also have not seen anything from McNally

[quote user="Le Juge"]McNally said yesterday that he wasn''t getting the sack, was hardly going to backtrack from that before another ball had been kicked.

Monday 11th will be the earliest that he is sacked, if we fail to beat West Ham. If we do beat West Ham he will probably get the Palace game too.

I want him gone now really, but two wins in our next two home games would probably save him his job (really can''t see us scoring yet alone winning right now).[/quote]

It would be helpful if you could quote that particular McNally comment from Saturday (November 2), because it hasn''t been widely publicised. I cannot find it.

I''ve really not had a great two days on here have I, think I should take a break.

I don''t think he has said it, I''ve taken something written in jest on facebook too literally and then almost started a game of Chinese whispers.

It would probably help if I was on twitter, I always rely on second hand information on McNally tweets etc because I don''t tweet.

Should fact check in future.

On the plus side, maybe he will be sacked in the morning, I''d be happy with that. But then maybe the dreaded "vote of confidence" comes first.

Some would argue that he had his ''vote of confidence'' from McNally about three weeks ago though.

I''ve made a wally of myself twice in two days on here, time to cut my losses I think before I get a Norwich City style mauling.

One interesting thing that I can share and verify though is that last night Cian Hughton, the son of Chris Hughton, deleted his Twitter account.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I''ve really not had a great two days on here have I, think I should take a break.

I don''t think he has said it, I''ve taken something written in jest on facebook too literally and then almost started a game of Chinese whispers.

It would probably help if I was on twitter, I always rely on second hand information on McNally tweets etc because I don''t tweet.

Should fact check in future.

On the plus side, maybe he will be sacked in the morning, I''d be happy with that. But then maybe the dreaded "vote of confidence" comes first.

Some would argue that he had his ''vote of confidence'' from McNally about three weeks ago though.

I''ve made a wally of myself twice in two days on here, time to cut my losses I think before I get a Norwich City style mauling.

One interesting thing that I can share and verify though is that last night Cian Hughton, the son of Chris Hughton, deleted his Twitter account.[/quote]
McNally no longer tweets.

[quote user="Davros from Lowestoft"]"Confirmed by a contact".... LOL
[/quote]

It''s like those cold dark days of 1970''s, near the Berlin wall, in the dark mist came my Contact, he handed me the coded message and it read! CONRIM.....MACNALLY WILL NOT SACK HUGHTON........End of message! I was in cold shock, after our worst defeat in 75 years the people in charge had lost their minds!!!!!!!! I must let the good poeple of the PinkUN know, it''s my duty to report this to them, whilst protecting my Contact, if Joe Ferarri found out one of his men was a double agent he would be shot during the cross bar challenge.!

Not a problem Juge. There has been so much wild speculation and misinformation knocking about in the last couple of days, it''s hard to see the wood for the trees.

I''m sure that if Mc N had made a public pronouncement on a subject of this magnitude we''d have had it officially reported somewhere.

"A contact" is usually a convenient way of saying "a bloke I met in the pub" in my experience.

My suspicion is that CH will indeed be given the West Ham match at the very least to pull things round. No evidence for saying that. Just gut instinct. Then a decent showing at Sid James Pk, and ditto v Palace. The trouble with that is it''s all managed on a game by game basis, each time whipping up another round of ever more frenzied speculation. Not a healthy situation.

My "contact" doesn''t work at NCFC by the way, but I won''t name him/her. I was informed, flatly and utterly convincingly, that Hughton will be our manager vs. West Ham. Beyond that, who knows.

I remember the Burnley game. I seem to recall our own fans cheering the Burnley goals as they went in. We knew it had to be the end, but it didn''t need to be like that. The Board took too long then, it all became acrimonious and the fans knew long before Burnley that Worthy''s time was up. There will always be a few who cling on to hope (and I would love to be among their number, but in my heart I cannot see any shred of evidence to support a sudden upturn), and the bitterness was pretty vitriolic. I remember hearing that a Board meeting had been convened, that the doors were shut and somethingw as happening. When the news came it was like a weight off our shoulders. What happened next was pretty grim, but at least the boil had been lanced.

It''s pretty simple to me. How can we have spent £25m yet look a pale shadow of the side that cost around 10% of that but scared the Premier League when we burst back into it? This is not about the players gelling and needing time to understand each other, it is so much more fundamental than that. West Ham is a winnable game, the Board must get the old regime out, a new or caretaker team in and try to create a "bounce" to relaunch our campaign. Now.

Without a crystal ball it''s difficult to say. What is undeniable is that if he''s allowed to continue, that for the forseeable future at least ,there''s going to be an atmosphere of short termism. In a nutshell, the guy is going to be one bad performance/result from the sack.

Never a healthy situiation to be in.

Cant help but agree, probably 2 of our most winnable games coming up and still having the negativity of the last few weeks ?

Cant see us winning in those circumstances, last season I was afraid we would be relegated but felt sure that replacing Hughton would have achieved little.

I feel we have a really good squad being held back by a manager who clearly has no plan B or C leaving opposition managers an easy decision as to how to set up against us.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]My "contact" doesn''t work at NCFC by the way, but I won''t name him/her. I was informed, flatly and utterly convincingly, that Hughton will be our manager vs. West Ham. Beyond that, who knows.[/quote]

This is something that you''ve made up just like your Lambias qoute.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]After the final whistle sounded yesterday I felt sure Hughton would be sacked by the end of the weekend. However, I''ve had it confirmed by a contact that he won''t be sacked. At least not now. I have no info on how much longer he has, but have been told that he won''t be sacked before the West Ham game.

I don''t see the point in giving him longer. We''re going nowhere under his management. It''s time for a change.[/quote]

Giving him more time will be a massive, massive mistake. It will either cost us more points against West Ham or, if we somehow scramble a win, will just prolong the agony. The bottom line is our manager and management team are simply not good enough and whatever the next 2 or 3 results are will not change that. I will be massively,l massively disappointed in Mcnally if he does not act swiftly and decisively.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]My "contact" doesn''t work at NCFC by the way, but I won''t name him/her. I was informed, flatly and utterly convincingly, that Hughton will be our manager vs. West Ham.[/quote]

To be convincing a contact would have to have been told this by one or more NCFC directors.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]In a nutshell, the guy is going to be one bad performance/result from the sack.

Never a healthy situiation to be in.[/quote]Completely agree - I''ve backed him until now, but the time is up.  Hughton out.

Apart from the half dozen or so usual suspects, it does seem now that the general view of this forum is that a change of manager is going to come sooner rather than later. One can only surmise that this is the way the board are going now.

Once this situation has been arrived at it rarely ends happily for the manager.

Let''s hope that as we speak the board are working feverishly to put a new plan in place.

Better to try to get a bounce in a winnable game than away at Anfield for example. From 0-5 at Fulham to 1-3; 1-4; 0-0; 0-4 and now 0-7 suggests clearly that the "blip" was the 10 game run. I fail to understand why he should have any more games, why will it be better after 49/50/51 when after 48 league matches plus some ignominious cup exits will it make any difference? That would be appalling short termism when all of us have seen a consistent pattern of under-achievement since August 2012. I just hope that the delay is settling compensation and the terms of the separation.

Spot on jim. Unfortunately the board have gone into hiding now the s**t has hit the fan. If we end up relegated, ultimately it will be due to the boards lack of courage, not hughton''s many shortcomings. Still, at least we are used to the NCFC board making countless errors of judgement over the last 20 years.