Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

need some help!

Iwan Roberts.Just because.Darren Eadie comes a close second, because we all love a pacy winger.

Ok. Here goes.

According to my friend Bob Hadgrafts book, The Modern Era, as close as you can get to 15 years ago from today (6th November 2013) is 7th November 1998.

The team (against Bradford at home) was

Marshall A, Sutch, Fugelstad, Grant ,Fleming ,Jackson ,Lee Marshall, Bellamy, Roberts, Adams, O''Neil

At this time we also had Mackay, Kenton, and Llewellyn . Also Russell, Wilson, a GK called Watt. Later on in the season we had Forbes, Mulryne, Carey and Dalgleish!   Robert Green made his debut against the binners in April 1999.

Hard to argue with Jockey as the best player. Bellamy might deserve a mention? This was the year Muscat nearly killed him. Mackay was immense.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

Ok. Here goes.

According to my friend Bob Hadgrafts book, The Modern Era, as close as you can get to 15 years ago from today (6th November 2013) is 7th November 1998.

The team (against Bradford at home) was

Marshall A, Sutch, Fugelstad, Grant ,Fleming ,Jackson ,Lee Marshall, Bellamy, Roberts, Adams, O''Neil

At this time we also had Mackay, Kenton, and Llewellyn . Also Russell, Wilson, a GK called Watt. Later on in the season we had Forbes, Mulryne, Carey and Dalgleish!   Robert Green made his debut against the binners in April 1999.

Hard to argue with Jockey as the best player. Bellamy might deserve a mention? This was the year Muscat nearly killed him. Mackay was immense.

[/quote]They were good times, that was a decent team.

For me there is surely only one. A player who could have played anywhere , a player so much better than the rest of the team he played in he almost won games on his own.

The legend that is D Huckerby can''t believe anyone else gets on the list.

I look at that starting 11 and actually struggle to dislike any of them.Were they better, or was I just more easily pleased back then lol?

It was a good team on the whole but never performed to it''s full potential. It was around that time I started going back to games regularly. And I saw some real rubbish:-)

Iwan Roberts... purely because he single handedly kept us in that division!

Club legend, hero, and my all time favourite player...

"the big man, The Welsh man, In Cardiff.. For Delia and the boss" (not in 1998 but still...)