Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

There's only one thing we need to do on Saturday...

SCREAM NORFOLK! Like the future of your football club depended on it! Whatever your views of the management we need 3 points and a win more than anything else so put aside your gripes and let''s bellow the boys to victory. They need picking up.

As for the assertion that a win serves only to prolong the existing establishment I will say two things. If we start winning it doesn''t matter and you can put your objections to one side at least while we''re winning. If we don''t start winning and more crucially scoring goals - from our expensively assembled strikefrorce particularly - he will have to go and I believe McNally will do what is necessary.

So, like I say, trust that we are in good hands AMD that the correct decisions for the club will be made behind the scenes. We haven''t been able to say that for as long as I have supported Norwich (1986) before he arrived.

(Although tbh when I was 8 I didn''t know much about who was running the club!)

A man of my advancing years should not really be screaming. Unless of course Kate Beckinsale walked on by, but even then that would probably quickly turn into dribbling

Whilst I don''t disagree with the basic tenet of what A1 is saying, there has to be a certain amont of "chicken and egg" about this. Over the course of 90 mins the team have to give the fans something to scream about.

And, without wishing to rain on your parade, I''m in no doubt that there will be some screaming of a wholly different sort should the unthinkable happen and Ravel Morrison or similar pop a couple past Mr Ruddy before half time !

This is precisely the point though Reggie and the reason that for this particular match, i disagree with you.

Generally, absolutely the players have to give the fans something to shout about. But on Saturday at least, on this occasion, we ought to start the ball rolling by making all the noise and giving maximum support and the players will feed off that and give us something to shout about.

I accept that the fans can not be expected to do this every single game in order to get their team playing. It''d be great if we could but the sad reality is, especially when we''ve got used to success, fans start expecting more. Old Trafford, the Emirates etc are like a library when their teams aren''t playing well.

One thing I was impressed with at last nights CL games, were that the German (Dortmund and Schalke) fans sang continuously for ages , even when they were losing, generating a really good atmosphere. 

Totally agree with the OP. I appreciate the chicken or the egg comments, but 3 points on Saturday is vital. All the crap needs to be put aside and we need to get right behind them from the first minute to the last.

To be honest, after last saturday''s thrashing, there should be 11 people trying to inspire the 26,000 and not the other way around!

I totally get where you''re coming from, but if it all goes tits up in the end then I don''t know about you but I don''t want to be in any doubt that we did all we could as supporters.

Let''s do our bit then it''s up to the players and Hughton to do theirs.

quote user Mr Brownstone. I totally get where you''re coming from, but if it all goes tits up in the end then I don''t know about you but I don''t want to be in any doubt that we did all we could as supporters.

Let''s do our bit then it''s up to the players and Hughton to do theirs.

Sorry, I disagree! If i went to work and decided one morning i couldnt be @rsed i would certainly not go to work the next time thinking i''ll just wait for my colleagues and boss to praise or support me before trying my best! I''d be ashamed or fired.... And so should they be!

So the plan is to sit quietly, arms folded and bottom lip sticking out until the players give us something to cheer?[Y]

Even if we won 15-0, got awarded 6 points instead of 3 for such an outstanding performance and scoreline and immediately after the game it was announced that Hughton had persuaded Bale, Messi & Ronaldo to sign pre-contract agreements to join us in January, the morons would still want him out![:(]

OP is correct, this is a time for the crowd to really make a difference, nothing better to help inspire the team to a good performance!!   

it is always time'' for the crowd to really make a difference''