Sign in to follow this  
skeps

Marcelo Bielsa

Just reading up on him, and an astounded he use to play a 3-3-1-3, that would keep people happy on here ha, altough this is probably a rumour that''s complete tosh, I thank you for a very interesting read on a manager

This is a man who, aside from being a tactical genius, is inflexible with his system, demands titanic efforts from his players, sabotages pitches, screams at builders and hires spies to sit in trees.

Should go down a storm!

Haha well if he kept us up, I could live with using boys as spy''s and sabotaging pitches etc might get a bit of passion out if some of our players atleast

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Not in our wildest dreams!

Get real.[/quote]

Why?

If he wants a PL job he won''t have too many options in near future. Bilbao aren''t exactly a billionaire side, so he wouldn''t have been on mega bucks, same with Chilean national side.

It really depends what he wants to do, he may just prefer going back to the national game. But if he wants a go on this country, or in club football at all again, what exactly are his options? Us, a two season mid table PL side pretty much equal any team outside top six on all other top league in short term stature/funds. No big PL club will be needing a manager any time soon you''d think, only three or four in Spain that are a step up, same in Germany and Italy and as far as I know none of them need a manager. Been out of the job since June. Not sure if he''s just taking a break or just not been offered anything.

But can''t see how he''s that unrealistic... Not saying I expect him to be appointed. But some people have far to low opinion of this club at times. We are a PL club, with decent finances an improving squad and good base of supporters. We really should be aiming higher than Malky and Zola if we do sack Hughton.

[quote user="morty"]I''m gonna stick my neck out here, and say this isn''t too likely.[/quote]One would concur that there is very little likelihood of this happening

about as likely as it being best, moore and ramsey

who would still do a better job than hughton even in their current state

[quote user="morty"]You really should get off the fence stan.[/quote]i knowwe could win 5-0 against west ham and id still want him gonenot sure if theres a male version of a succubus but thats what he is

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="morty"]You really should get off the fence stan.[/quote]i knowwe could win 5-0 against west ham and id still want him gonenot sure if theres a male version of a succubus but thats what he is[/quote]Let your feelings be known and boo after our 5 nil win on Saturday then.

It''s a good job you did not get what you wanted then. Were you not happy with 11th last season? Maybe you wanted Champions League football

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]No experience managing in Europe let alone EPL no thanks ![/quote]

When did Bilbao move from Spain?

And why do we need a PL manager?

I''d rather we took the Swansea and Southampton route and failed than get a safe choice that is essentially no better, long term at least, than Hughton.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]No experience managing in Europe let alone EPL no thanks ![/quote]Check before posting.

European experience :

However the players began to adjust to the changes as the season progressed, and following an away victory at local rivals Real Sociedad. Athletic produced a good run of Autumn form which included wins over Paris St-Germain, Osasuna and Sevilla as well as credible draws with Valencia and Barcelona only to drop points at home to newly promoted Granada.[14] The team also finished top of their Europa League group and defeated Lokomotiv Moscow in the last 32. Athletic then drew Manchester United and in impressive style won 3–2 in the first leg at Old Trafford, going on to knock them out of the tournament with a 2–1 victory at home, a victory which was just as impressive as the one at Old Trafford. In the quarter-final, they went to Schalke and won the first leg 4–2, despite being 2–1 down after a Raúl brace on 72 minutes. Bilbao drew the second leg against Schalke 2–2, going through to the Europa League semi-finals with a favorable aggregate score of 6–4, to face Sporting Lisbon.[15][16][17]

Athletic lost the first leg of the semi final 2–1 in Portugal. They overturned this result in the return leg and ran out 4–3 winners on aggregate when Llorente scored the winner in the 88th minute. They were now set to face Atlético Madrid in an all Spanish Europa League final.[18][19][20] They lost 3–0 to Atletico Madrid on 9 May in the Europa League final at the Arena Națională in Bucharest, Romania.[21][22][23][24] On 25 May 2012, they also lost the Copa del Rey Final against Barcelona in Vicente Calderón, Madrid with score 3–0.[25] On 7 June 2013, Athletic''s president revealed that Bielsa would not be offered a new contract. His contract expired on 30 June 2013.