Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

MAN UTD 8 - ARSENAL 2... Remember last season?

Down the pub tonight, got absolutely ridiculed for suggesting Norwich supporters were thinking of a change of manager. 3 boys who supported Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool (and Chris, Mike and Andy are genuine Londoners or Liverpudlians who are diehard supporters of their respective home city clubs) found it absolutely hilarious many wanted Hughton out. ''Why?! - you''ve just had a really tough set of games for christ''s sake, you''ve bought a fresh set of new faces who need time to bed in, and you played really well against us, threatening to win and certainly had me concerned! - are your fans really that fickle and that quick to empty their pants?!?!'' - that was the word from the Chelsea and Arsenal boys. Scouse Andy pointed out it doesn''t matter how ''big'' you are, a tonking can happen to anyone every now and again, look at Man Utd v Arsenal (8-2), and Man Utd v Man City (1-6) last season - it CAN happen to anyone! And look how they''ve bounced back!. Therefore, 7-0 at Man City was dismissed as ''one of those freak results''. General feeling was Chris Hughton is a man that deserves more from the supporters, he certainly has respect from opposition fans, and that the ill feeling that is seeping in would be seriously ''counter productive''.

If we back Hughton to the hilt *properly* and it goes tits up then fine, but if we don''t do our bit, then we''ll all be as responsible as anyone within the club for our demise. It''s partly up to us folks, and tonights home truths made that so clear...

OTBC

I wonder how many of our games your mates have watched.

When they start paying for my season tickets I might be inclined to listen to their opinion instead of making my own.

For me, I''m not that bothered about the freak man city result, I''m fed up with the lack of variety of tactics used, that comes from watching all our home games.

When I first read Alex''s posting I thought that it was just one of those joke posting that those naughty little ITFC fans post on here from time to time.

But having read it a second and third time, I''m coming to the conclusion that''s not the case, and he''s actually serious.

I''ll not glorify this utter nonsense with a reasoned reply, but merely repeat what the 3 other posters above have intimated.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Some of the things those fans said, were quite true and I agree with. Were there any lies spoken?

[/quote]

Not lies, Crab. But ignorance of the facts.

Not the same thing.

One-off freak results do happen. But the 0-7 was threatened for a while. Could have happened at Spurs. I don''t remember Arsenal getting other batterings at the same time. Someone gave me a stat last night that our 3 main strikers have had 6 shots on target this season. 6. Not sure of its veracity, but plausible. And as others have said, the press commentators and shallow-thinking numpties who say that those who want CH out are mad, have not had to endure this turgid rubbish for 48 league games and 3 humiliating cup exits.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Spot on tg. I also wonder how many games these supporters pay to watch with their far fetched support. It is not a knee jerk reaction it is nearly eighteen months of Hughton.[/quote]

2 are season ticket holders, 1 is an ex pro for Peterborough Utd so I think he has a ''reasonable'' understanding of the game. Plenty of our matches have been televised recently, and I couldn''t not agree that we''d given it a right go against their sides Chelsea and Arsenal - we did!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Some of the things those fans said, were quite true and I agree with. Were there any lies spoken?

[/quote]

Nice one Crabby, I''ve been as disgruntled as anyone with some of what''s gone on under Hughton performance wise BUT I couldn''t argue that we''ve played some belting games without getting what we''ve deserved and Chris Hughton should be given credit for that (he doesn''t of course!), but nevertheless it was interesting to hear some balanced and factually correct view points from outside of this message board. I''ll give him as many as the next big 3 games coming up and see where we are then, but that may well change if we''re awful against West Ham...

"Alex "]Down the pub tonight, got absolutely ridiculed for suggesting Norwich supporters were thinking of a change of manager. 3 boys who supported Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool (and Chris, Mike and Andy are genuine Londoners or Liverpudlians who are diehard supporters of their respective home city clubs) found it absolutely hilarious many wanted Hughton out. ''Why?! - you''ve just had a really tough set of games for christ''s sake, you''ve bought a fresh set of new faces who need time to bed in, and you played really well against us, threatening to win and certainly had me concerned! - are your fans really that fickle and that quick to empty their pants?!?!'' - that was the word from the Chelsea and Arsenal boys. Scouse Andy pointed out it doesn''t matter how ''big'' you are, a tonking can happen to anyone every now and again, look at Man Utd v Arsenal (8-2), and Man Utd v Man City (1-6) last season - it CAN happen to anyone! And look how they''ve bounced back!. Therefore, 7-0 at Man City was dismissed as ''one of those freak results''. General feeling was Chris Hughton is a man that deserves more from the supporters, he certainly has respect from opposition fans, and that the ill feeling that is seeping in would be seriously ''counter productive''.

If we back Hughton to the hilt *properly* and it goes tits up then fine, but if we don''t do our bit, then we''ll all be as responsible as anyone within the club for our demise. It''s partly up to us folks, and tonights home truths made that so clear...

OTBC

Yes you are right a ''tonking can happen to any one every now and again'' but if I recall City  were subject to  several tonkings last season. When they lost by 4+ marge. The manager needs to go and go now. I hate saying but I hope city loss on Saturday if city win it will only prolong the slow decline of city under the current manager.

I''ll never want us to lose. But if we do it''s because once again we weren''t better than the other team, and Hughton and co. must surely leave.

I can''t agree with anything that Alex has said in his OP. Like many have said freak results are just that, one offs! For us now gaining 3 points in a game is more of a freak result and a one off. It''s rare.

I have no expectations now going into a game, and in the past few months have only been able to celebrate 2 goals, Howson and Pilks, 2 positive bits of play. There are so many negatives outweighing the positives. How can some people have such prolonged blind faith in nothing?

Everyone has an opinion on other teams. I for one take other people''s opinions with a pinch of salt as quite often they don''t have a proper idea and are spoon fed the hype by people like Motson and other Hughton Loving pundits. Hughton has a reputation as a nice guy and he was hard done by at Newcastle which I think clouds the judgement of other fans who don''t really know what is going on long term here. I also feel that we are patronized by fans of the big clubs who believe we should just be thankful that we are allowed to play in such a nice big shiny league. So a lot of the time as well we receive patronizing remarks about what a shame we had to play the big clubs... Didn''t see anyone complain about playing big clubs when we beat them. At the end of the day we have to play 1 of the top 20 teams in England every week and we either win, lose or draw. Simple.

[quote user="Robert911"]Everyone has an opinion on other teams. I for one take other people''s opinions with a pinch of salt as quite often they don''t have a proper idea and are spoon fed the hype by people like Motson and other Hughton Loving pundits. Hughton has a reputation as a nice guy and he was hard done by at Newcastle which I think clouds the judgement of other fans who don''t really know what is going on long term here. I also feel that we are patronized by fans of the big clubs who believe we should just be thankful that we are allowed to play in such a nice big shiny league. So a lot of the time as well we receive patronizing remarks about what a shame we had to play the big clubs... Didn''t see anyone complain about playing big clubs when we beat them. At the end of the day we have to play 1 of the top 20 teams in England every week and we either win, lose or draw. Simple.[/quote]
*19 teams* - sorry couldn''t resist. we can''t play ourselves, although if we could it''d probably be a 0-0!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]I''ll never want us to lose. But if we do it''s because once again we weren''t better than the other team, and Hughton and co. must surely leave.

I can''t agree with anything that Alex has said in his OP. Like many have said freak results are just that, one offs! For us now gaining 3 points in a game is more of a freak result and a one off. It''s rare.

I have no expectations now going into a game, and in the past few months have only been able to celebrate 2 goals, Howson and Pilks, 2 positive bits of play. There are so many negatives outweighing the positives. How can some people have such prolonged blind faith in nothing?[/quote]

But Seattle - those views in my OP were *not* mine, so it''s really not about agreeing with me - merely I thought it would be interesting to pass on the views of OTHERS. Not having a go because most of the other posters on here have also failed to grasp that point. Everyone''s welcome to disagree with the lads comments, but I certainly found myself agreeing with what they said about the Chelsea and Arsenal games, games that they watched and have every right to comment on.

Again people are being a little judgemental on what they think these particular supporters think of NCFC - none of them look down their noses at us, I know that for a fact, but they do think it''s funny (I guess) because we''ve got quite a different team in many respects to last season and perhaps Chris Hughton needs a little bit more time in making his transition from very much defence minded to a team a little more adventurous in their style of play...

Best will in the world I wouldn''t expect a group of random supporters of other teams to have a clue about how Norwich have been playing and clearly that seems to be the case.

Thats all well and good Alex, and I can see why you''d want to see sense in what they are saying. But they probably know very little about NCFC, about as much as any neutral could care to know anyway. As far as getting the team to gel, that is exactly what pre season is for, and on top of that we have had over a quarter of the season gone. Most people say 10 games is rarely very far from where you end up. How much longer could we be expected to wait? Unless sir Alex has made a voodoo doll of Hughton and can now fully take control of his mind and body, I don''t see a dramatic change imminently in his management and our teams fortunes.
Expecting Hughton to turn this around, is like releasing a serial killer from jail and hoping he becomes a model human being - the complete opposite of himself, and overnight. (Maybe I''m stretching with that comparison, but I''m sure you appreciate no one can do a 180 on themselves indefinitely).

Nobody has to watch it.

Perhaps if folk start voting with their feet the board would act to appease the fanbase? Problem is I guess that they''ve largely had the money for season tickets and we are season ticket heavy, also, the club don''t really need the money as gate receipts are almost insignificant next to TV income.

Perhaps a protest? We haven''t had one for a while....

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]I respect your friends and their right to have an opinion.

But they arent the ones who have to watch dull football, the heavy (particularly in away games) defeats and the uninspiring management.

[/quote]End of the day if you don''t like it, don''t go.

We''ve scored 6 goals in league play. We lost 11-0 in Manchester over 5 days. We gave clean sheets at home to 2 hopeless road teams. What the helll does it take to make some realize we are offensively inept whether we have 60 or 30% possession, and trotting out the same game plan weekly isn''t going to suddenly make the strikers open and the crosses dangerous?

No one cares what you think, you can''t even spell "realise" properly and the phrase "road teams" is frankly ridiculous.

Wrong again, Blutarsky. Inaccurate insults is all you got cuz I''m right. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

And he uses "lol"! Hah! What a nancy thing to do, Bore-ty.

For crying out loud. These fans of other teams are just passing comment on how we played against their top 4 teams, and how we gave them a bloody good run for their money.

As far as I am concerned it is interesting to hear these neutral views.

We all have opinions on other teams/players/managers etc , without knowing 100% of all that goes on at these places, that are not NCFC. It is how the World is.

I personally can''t take Morty''s advice of "if you don''t like it don''t go"

I''m a lifelong Norwich fan who has season tickets. I don''t want to give them up because I''m not happy with the current situation. It''s not as easy as that and it''s in my blood.

I''ve seen several managers come and go and expect to be watching and supporting my team long after this one and more to come.

It may be different if we didn''t have the fan base we have and I didn''t need a season ticket to ensure I get to see my team regularly. If we, like many clubs, were able to turn up on chosen weeks on a casual basis then this could be an option. I have said before that our superb season ticket take up gives a false reflection on how the fans are supporting the team.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]I respect your friends and their right to have an opinion.

But they arent the ones who have to watch dull football, the heavy (particularly in away games) defeats and the uninspiring management.

[/quote]End of the day if you don''t like it, don''t go.[/quote]

Morty, normally, a good proportion of your posts are quite sound, well thought out and sensible.

BUT......this one is plain idiotic. Why would anyone who''s paid handsomely for a season ticket and"not go"..? Would you buy a ticket to see a James Bond film, bur then decide not to go as you don''t like guns and violence ?

I think that the majority of posters seem to be agreed. Alex''s pub friends may be very nice folks, but they are not qualified to pronounce on minutae of NCFC, as they do not either watch the games of follow them closely.

Agree with you about the nonsensical "road teams" though !!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]I respect your friends and their right to have an opinion.

[/quote]End of the day if you don''t like it, don''t go.[/quote]

Morty, normally, a good proportion of your posts are quite sound, well thought out and sensible.

BUT......this one is plain idiotic. Why would anyone who''s paid handsomely for a season ticket and"not go"..? Would you buy a ticket to see a James Bond film, bur then decide not to go as you don''t like guns and violence ?

I think that the majority of posters seem to be agreed. Alex''s pub friends may be very nice folks, but they are not qualified to pronounce on minutae of NCFC, as they do not either watch the games of follow them closely.

Agree with you about the nonsensical "road teams" though !![/quote]Okay for "If you don''t like it, don''t go" read "Stop whining like its a trip to the dentist"And if you do liken going to Carrow road to a trip to the dentist (some smart ar$e will) then give your season ticket to someone who will enjoy it.Anyone who pays for something they don''t enjoy is frankly not right in the head.

I know it''s in jest , Morty, but don''t really follow this. Unless you really ARE deranged, you don''t ever go to the dentist for pleasure. More through necessity, and ,to follow your analogy, as yet, its impossible to send someone to the dentist''s on your behalf !

Over the years I have derived a great deal of pleasure in going to watch NCFC, and all the attendant rituals therein. But, I have to say that under Hughton''s tutelage, I really do go assuming that pleasure will be the exception rather than the rule.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I know it''s in jest , Morty, but don''t really follow this. Unless you really ARE deranged, you don''t ever go to the dentist for pleasure. More through necessity, and ,to follow your analogy, as yet, its impossible to send someone to the dentist''s on your behalf !

Over the years I have derived a great deal of pleasure in going to watch NCFC, and all the attendant rituals therein. But, I have to say that under Hughton''s tutelage, I really do go assuming that pleasure will be the exception rather than the rule.[/quote]The bottom line is that I''m sick of people whining about it. Sure, discuss, analyse, wish things were better, but the endless whining on every social media really is getting tiresome.