Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

so hooper or johnson

Will it be fed and howson together in the middle with hooper behind the striker, or will it be johnson behind fed and howson? Thoughts

Ruddy

Martin Turner Seb Garrido

Snoddy Howson Fer Pilks

Hooper RVW

Please!

Why does Turner get dropped and Bassong doesn''t?

I''m not sure Olsson has done enough to keep Garrido from getting a game (he was solid enough last season). Redmond probably won''t be fit enough to play, let alone start?

Unless he is employed as a wide left player in the midfield, I would prefer Olsson at LB. I also have doubts about the current form of Seb, and wonder if it is time to give him a rest for a match or two.

My team:

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Olsson

Snodgrass Whittaker Howson Fer Pilks or Murphy

RvW

The 4-5-1 is a very defensive set-up and we are playing at home, but West Hamm have been playing 4-6-0, and I fear that we would be overrun in the midfield. Without Tettey''s cover our defence has looked very vulnerable. I include Whittaker because of his attacking prowess as a defender and his ability to link up with Snoddy.

Thats a difficult one. Howson has been doing very well in his attacking role, and lets face it, we going to start off quite tight this weekend. I expect a 5 man midfield, so bradley will pobably get the nod.

That said, I think johnson has been very poor this season. particularly last week. So i would prefer to see

ruddy

russ, turner, seb, olsson

snodgrass, howson, fer, pilks

hoops

rvw

you know, if they are all fit!

Ruddy

R.Bennett   Turner   Bassong  Olsson

Fer

Snodgrass  Howson Hoolahan Pilkington

RVW

Not a cat in hells chance of Hughton selecting the above but I''d go for it, I''d especially like to see Bennett at right back too.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Ruddy

Fer

RVW

Not a cat in hells chance of Hughton selecting the above but I''d go for it, I''d especially like to see Bennett at right back too.

[/quote]

Why Bennett at right back?

If you want to go for it why would you play someone at right back who doesn''t have any pace and will offer little with the ball?

Ruddy

Fer

RVW

[/quote]Eh?  What on earth will he offer us at right back?

he will roll out the same rubbish he has done since he startedwith slightly different personalim with AJ although swap snodgrass for olsson and switch sides with pilks

Ruddy

Fer

RVW

[/quote]

Away at West Ham last year Bennett played RB, gave away the pen a few mins in and generally had a mare. So I devoutly hope he doesn''t play there.

Bassong is so far off the pace he is only just coming off the pitch from Saturday. ..Bennett and Turner centre backs please...the rest...whoever seems intrested in fighting for the shirt in training this week.

No Johnson he should not be in the team again he is awful, every single pass that is given away is his, as long as he isn''t playing I''m happy

If RVW is fit, him and Hooper have to start up front in a 4-4-2 for me.

Johnson''s recent form shouldn''t warrant him a starting position.

I get judged for saying I prefer Redmond on the left, but benno at RB when we have both whitts and martin...

I''d go with

Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson

Fer Howson

wingers widely depend on who''s fit, but i''d prefer Snodds/pilks and redmond, with Hooper in the middle

RVW on top.

on the occasions we''ve seen Johnson, he hasn''t looked like a top 3 POS he was last season, and I can''t see Hoolahan and Howson working well together.

[quote user="Javier''s Deaf Translator"]I get judged for saying I prefer Redmond on the left, but benno at RB when we have both whitts and martin... I''d go with Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson Fer Howson wingers widely depend on who''s fit, but i''d prefer Snodds/pilks and redmond, with Hooper in the middle RVW on top. on the occasions we''ve seen Johnson, he hasn''t looked like a top 3 POS he was last season, and I can''t see Hoolahan and Howson working well together.

Both been awful this season though. Would it hurt to try something else?

As for Hoolahan and Howson not working I agree with you. It does seem funny however that since Howson started becoming a regular we''ve started to struggle. Coincidence? Clearly has talent but maybe everyone just finds it a little tough to play with him??

Would it hurt to play Ryan Bennett at right back? Probably. He is clearly not built for that. I can''t imagine you''d think about playing Turner there.

As for Howson, how would anyone possibly find it tough to play with him? He''s the kind of player you''d want to play with.

Whittaker has been anything but awful when playing RB - and Martin has looked very strong every time he has played as CB for scotland.

as for Howson, He is a very strong player and suggesting he being in the team has dropped our performances is out of this world. he has looked outstanding and together with fer has made the midfield look outstanding.

I seem to have missed these "awful" performances by Martin, he''s looked good in the games I have seen.  I expect him to keep his place.

Also I expect us to play 3 in centre midfield as West Ham will have 3 playing there too.  No point in having 2 up front if our midfield are outnumbered and can''t get hold of the ball.

BJ as a holding player, and the two fullbacks with plenty of licence to get forward.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

I seem to have missed these "awful" performances by Martin, he''s looked good in the games I have seen.  I expect him to keep his place.

[/quote]

He was awful against Man City (not that anyone covered themselves in glory).

Other than that he''s been average.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]

He was awful against Man City (not that anyone covered themselves in glory).

Other than that he''s been average.

[/quote]

Exactly if you continue to accept average performances from players who aren''t quite up to it, like Russ, then you''ll continue to find us t the wrong end of the table.