Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzar

If Adnan Januzaj....

...can get into the Man Utd team on a regular basis, should CH be looking to give Josh Murphy more opportunities this season?

They''re both 18 and of a similar build, and I know Riether demonstrated that the Premier League can be a tough environment in which to learn your trade, but, like Redmond, he appears to offer something the team currently lacks - pace and fearlessness.

I''d like to see him in a game that wasn''t already lost as was the case last week, and if Redmond isn''t available tomorrow why not give him his head against West Ham?

Oh, and hello all BTW...!

[quote user="Fuzzar"]

and if Redmond isn''t available tomorrow why not give him his head against West Ham?

[/quote]

Sorry?

Adnan Januzaj is a truly wonderful young talent and is superior in all areas of his game to young Josh.

Murphy has raw pace and more than a bit of ability on the ball, but he just isn''t up to Prem standard yet, and needs some regular first team games in the Championship where he can regularly test himself against decent quality full backs and improve his positional play. He''s basically an inexperienced Nathan Redmond, and as Hughton has said you can''t play Redmond every week as he''s young enough that he will burn out and fade.

Murphy is being used in the right way and will get his chance in the next two or three years.

I don''t get this need to send player out to gain experience and they are not up to the Premiership!

Bottom line is that we don''t have the cover on the wing at this time, we have two wingers who lack pace, E Bennett and Redmond are out this weekend and Murphy should in my opinion be on the bench ready to go as an option. If he gets the chance and impresses he then get''s the games he needs with us.

We don''t have the luxury of other teams to send our Murphy on loan, in fact this weekend we should have both Murphy''s on the bench as options IMO.

Watch Josh Murphy when he doesn''t have the ball and where he is in relation to the player he is marking and how often he is lost by that player. Then you''ll understand the need for him to gain first team experience elsewhere.

I don''t see how my post was ''silly'', I would rather Murphy''s lack of positional sense exposes a team that isn''t NCFC while he adds tactical nous to what is a very exciting ability on the ball.

I don''t think your point is silly, but I will say that 5 days of coaching each week is about how to lose players, developing your position, training against premiership players and Murphy should know these basic requirements.

Implementing this knowledge into his game will come at any level, but playing at this level will challenge him more. If we had all wingers fit then I can see that a loan period might benefit him, but a first team push could also show him to be the next Eadie or Bellamy!

Stick him in, pace frigthens defenders!

I see what you mean Indy and in theory I like it, but the fact that Murphy ''should'' know these basic requirements is a certain flaw.

Having watched him in all his minutes of first team action and three or four youth games it is obvious, to me anyway- that he often has no idea where his opposite number is, and if the full back goes on the overlap he goes with them every time leaving the winger free to attack our full back.

Redmond is similar unfortunately, which is why I would rather he was used sparingly for impact (which I know can be devastating) - but it''s about finding the right balance as what we haven''t considered is that some of the wingers in the PL can leave the best defenders in the world for dead....and our standard quality full backs will need all the help they can get. They get that from Snodgrass, even when he''s off form. Not Redmond/Murphy though.

If Adnan Januzaj....played for us, I doubt he would get anywhere as much game times for us that he would at Man Utd.

Canary On The Wire said "Adnan Januzaj is a truly wonderful young talent and is superior in all areas of his game to young Josh"

I definitely don''t dispute that COTW, but I very much doubt that Moyes picks Januzaj for his ability to help protect his, albeit more talented, left back - he''s obviously in the Utd team to attack the opposition.

And we are playing West Ham at home tomorrow. I''m very much of the opinion that we should be attempting to give the opposition something to worry about and somebody with Murphy''s pace unsettles defenders and can pull even the most organised defences out of shape. CH needs to win this game and might do well to heed "Never mind the danger" for this game.

Januzaj also has the players around him to help. It helps that Man U have the ball 70% of the time and are usually on the front foot.

With us fighting at the wrong end of the table, playing someone like Murphy presents more of a risk.

I''d like to see him on the bench again tomorrow and brought on if we need to shake the game up.

Exactly the point is that Utd need to protect their full backs much less than us as their full backs are higher quality. At the minute we are in the relegation zone. We need to take the least risks possible and defend solidly, giving Howson and Fer solid foundations off which to build attacks

Jimmy Smith said "They also have quality off the bench and more opportunities to blood the players when they are 3-0 up."

I largely agree with this Jimmy, although they were 1-0 down and struggling against Sunderland when Januzaj came on, scored twice and won the game for them...

The way West Ham are likely to set up on Saturday evening, the midfield is going to be one ugly grunt-fest. Give Murphy a go from the start - it''ll help stretch the play.

I wouldn''t be too worried about being over-run in midfield in this game - they''ll all be tripping over themselves as it is.Big Smile [:D]