Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Would a win tomorrow

Yeah, dare say it would.A few Hammers fans I know have never really taken to him, so I doubt he''ll be given much leeway.Lol, sound familiar?

Football fans are such a fickle bunch.

It wasn''t so long ago that Arsenal fans were calling for Wenger''s head.

I''m surprised so many Norwich fans have declared Hughton a failure so early in the season. If we get a couple wins now in the next few games (which isn''t beyond the realms of possibility) then we''ll be sitting comfortably in mid table and a lot of posters on here are going to look a tad ridiculous.

Depends what your definition of ''comfortable'' and ''mid-table'' is I suppose.

Regardless, it''ll put us in a much better position and bring back the feel-good factor to the club. I think we can both agree on that, right? :)

[quote user="Houston Canary"]A couple wins won''t put us "comfortably" mid table.[/quote]

And a couple more losses as we have a tough coulpe games, West Ham and Newcastle, we could be bottom 3 and a little adrift!

So the next two home games is a must 6 points! anything from Newcastle would be a bomus!

I cn''t believe so many people are just acting like last season went well and suggesting that Hughton is being judged on the last 12 games- there were many here who said that after pulling it out of the fire last season Hughton would deserve a chance at making us look a better side in the first 10 games of this season... somehow these people are being accused of having a fickle or kneejerk reaction.I have been Hughton sceptical since the start I admit and have never taken to him or been convinced that he actually had much of a track record... I felt that he should have been let go in the summer and doubted that he would turn things round, I see no reason to change that opinion yet although there have been a couple of glimmers of hope recently against Arsenal and Chelsea.I also totally expected the board to give him the start of this season and believe that they know the situation far better than I do- my desire to see him leave is that I have yet to see any reason to suspect I am wrong about him or that we will survive this season in the PL. (I was very wrong about Lambert when he was appointed. I was very happy about that and am happy to admit it btw)

The way this league is the Managers of all the sides in the lower half of the table will probably all be under pressure at sometime during the season.It will be very close all season, nip and tuck with bad and good runs (which may only be 3 or 4 matches even) keeping it nervy for all. The margins are slim between success and failure, hence why these next three matches are so important. But, yes Allardyce is not underestimating tomorrow being a "six pointer", with the new stadium coming along he will certainly be under pressure when we beat his side tomorrow....

The thing is though, Hughton still has to shop in a relative bargain basement compared to his rivals.

RVW was £8.5m yes, but:

Ruiz at Fulham was £12m and Berbatov is on a 6 figure salary

Andy Carroll was £15m

Osvaldo at Southampton was £15m

Medel at Cardiff was £12m

It is a tough league and if we can win versus West Ham and Palace, then he deserves to stay.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The thing is though, Hughton still has to shop in a relative bargain basement compared to his rivals.

RVW was £8.5m yes, but:

Ruiz at Fulham was £12m and Berbatov is on a 6 figure salary

Andy Carroll was £15m

Osvaldo at Southampton was £15m

Medel at Cardiff was £12m

It is a tough league and if we can win versus West Ham and Palace, then he deserves to stay.[/quote]Good point, well put.People go about how much we have spent, but as you rightly point out, its not a huge amount in Premiership terms.

A home win looks an unlikely outcome.

West Ham have only conceded one goal away from home all season, and a dodgy soft penalty to Hull at that (sound familiar?).

0-0 looks a more likely scoreline - and what fun that will be tomorrow. Zzzzzzzzz.

I hope I''m wrong, and Norwich do indeed start to turn the season around. Past evidence suggests otherwise. We will see.

Good point about Allardyce. I think he''s been quite bulshy with his pre-game talk, but he''s not pulling up any trees himself. Saying that, West Ham do have the stronger manager going into tomorrow, but two managers who play less than deserable football when they want to.

I think we''ve got more about us than West Ham, but they have the real game changer Andy Carroll back apparently, when he''s on form, he''s unplayable.

I have caught their games a few times live over here this season, they are no mugs and very hard to break down, plus lets not forget they turned Spurs over at White Hart Lane....expect a battle!

Oh yellow shirt thank goodness someone not on the happy pills.

I cannot believe that people are starting to question the quality of our signings and the costs compared to our competition rather than the fact that whoever plays up front never gets the ball because we never give it to them in the box.

we did great business in the summer and got RVW on the cheap so he should certainly be compared to the others mentioned.

My analogy of Norwich city is ploughing a field with BMW.

I believe in the players but I do not believe the manager has the tactical awareness to succeed in the premier league.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Carroll is out tomorrow with a stomach problem, JS. All I want tomorrow is a win - the manager issue can be discussed all over the international break.[/quote]

it''s about time someone mentioned the manager