Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Big Sam

Allardyce predicting a tough game on saturday "We will get a Norwich City team that will come out and fight for everything they can. Particularly on their own ground and in front of a home crowd."Let''s hope so, hey!Source: http://t.sport.uk.msn.com/football/allardyce-braced-for-six-pointer

I think if i remeber rightly Pellegrini said last friday something along the lines of it wont be easy at home against Norwich, how wrong was he.

What do you reckon to this point of view - I had to laugh.....

"Reckon Sam will throw the game on Saturday. He''ll have heard about Norwich fans wanting Hughton sacked so if he can delay that by allowing Norwich a win, then will improve the Hammers chances of survival as Norwich fans continue to fight among themselves rather than get behind their team."

[quote user="shefcanary"]What do you reckon to this point of view - I had to laugh.....

"Reckon Sam will throw the game on Saturday. He''ll have heard about Norwich fans wanting Hughton sacked so if he can delay that by allowing Norwich a win, then will improve the Hammers chances of survival as Norwich fans continue to fight among themselves rather than get behind their team."[/quote]Bloody hell!! Still, I have no doubt if we do win, some will come up with any reason how, as opposed to "we played well"[:D]

All Hammers main strikers are injured so thats bound to help us................isn''t it?

Allardyce has been doing a good job heaping more pressure onto Hughton; calling the game six-pointer and talking about the crowd at Carrow Road.

West Ham have Carlton Cole getting fit, so that is at least one striker (or so he is called) in thier squad. The danger man will be Ravel Morrison though and his runs from midfield.

Some other quotes from Allardyce:

Norwich spent more than £20million during the summer — a lot of money say some, for such a club — but is it really big bucks these days?

If there is a comparison to be made, it has to be fair. Some of the clubs which Norwich are expected to compete with — Chelsea, Manchester City, Tottenham — spent four times that amount and will do so again and again.

Realistically £20m gets you two good — not top class — players these days.

What is the responsibility of Chris Hughton, myself and the other managers is to try and ensure that whatever is spent, it makes the team better. In my experience, if you spend between £20-30m you will improve your team by about 1.5 per cent, £30‑40m maybe 2.5 per cent and £100m probably 5 per cent.

The expenditure might seem massive but the return is comparatively small.

In my experience, if you spend between £20-30m you will improve your team by about 1.5 per cent, £30‑40m maybe 2.5 per cent and £100m probably 5 per cent.

Big Sam talking through his @rse again

[quote user="First Wizard"]All Hammers main strikers are injured so thats bound to help us................isn''t it?[/quote]

Yes, but we would still have won regardless![Y]

"Vanwink"In my experience, if you spend between £20-30m you will improve your team by about 1.5 per cent, £30‑40m maybe 2.5 per cent and £100m probably 5 per cent.

Big Sam talking through his @rse again

Considering he has been involved at a top level of football for years he may actually know what he is talking about. The numbers may be exaggerated but there is some semblance of truth in what he says.

Herman, surely it depends firstly on the team you already have and the existing quality, as to how much it will improve.

Secondly on what the money is spent on, Michu to Swansea for £2m, how many percentage points did that improve the team by?

Sam has made a very sweeping statement there which I don''t think holds water.

Sounds more like someone preparing their excuses to me!

[quote user="Vanwink"]In my experience, if you spend between £20-30m you will improve your team by about 1.5 per cent, £30‑40m maybe 2.5 per cent and £100m probably 5 per cent.

Big Sam talking through his @rse again[/quote]

As an extreme example is Bale around 40 times better than Redmond? I not sure how you can actually qualify in terms of a precentage what improvement to a team is made by spending money. Big Sam''s figures are probably about right when you take all transfers in to account. You can spend big money on a player and if they turn out to be a flop then you could say they made a team worse e.g Andy Carroll at Liverpool