Sign in to follow this  
pete

CH confident of Board backing?

CC I think you fully deserve to wallow in the glory of the last year and a half.

I honestly cannot remember Norwich being good in any game in the last year and a half , effective maybe but good no. With the possible exception of the bizarre games against WBA and Man City which seem so out of context compared to the rest of the season. We have seen nothing to suggest that this was a progression this season.

To take the final league placing as a sign of anything positive when we looked like a dead man walking with 3 games to go last season is the sign of an eternal optimist and I salute you.

I understand I am probably in a minority that didn''t really enjoy what must be considered the high point of CH time the unbeaten run. It is obviously great to get something out of games against Arsenal or Manu and keeping it tight and taking the chance you get is commendable,

Might not be enough to convince me to keep buying a season ticket though.

Actually I remember one great game under CH away at Swansea that was the only other game I could actually say I enjoyed, and maybe my trip last year to WHL.

So that''s 4 games you enjoyed. The Sunderland and Arsenal games we were good, but for the refs,we should have got something better out off.

I am glad you found the wins against Arsenal and Man United commendable. Personally I was ecstatic.

And I am sure people enjoyed the unbeaten run at the time, but I think the current mess is clouding judgements.

I was ecstatic about the result of course and would never imagine it possible to swashbuckle our way past the top 6 teams.

The away game at Arsenal was rough justice but if we had managed to get a result it would probably have certainly been "Ground Out" nothing pretty in that game.

I would like us to look like a decent team against the teams we hope to finish above, something CH seems to have no idea about. Taking a game to the opposition.

[quote user="Carrow_Road_Canary"]The concierge where I work told me he saw McNally leave a conference room with an agent not long ago.[/quote]Did the guy have a tee shirt on saying "I am an agent"?[;)]

I believe the board will release CH at the end of the season whether we stay up or not because of his negative approach to attacking football. Only if we finish 10th or higher could I see him keeping his job as it would be difficult to sack him having set that as a performance target.

Did the guy have a tee shirt on saying "I am an agent"?

Probably a secret agent......no tee shirt!

Having sat through the 1 - 4 defeat to Burnley that ended Worthington and the 1 -7 that ended Gunn i really hope we do not see a repeat tomorrow, it has all the potential for it

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Having sat through the 1 - 4 defeat to Burnley that ended Worthington and the 1 -7 that ended Gunn i really hope we do not see a repeat tomorrow, it has all the potential for it[/quote]Nah, not for me, it feels totally different to the Worthy one.And I think the 1-7 took us all by surprise!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]CC I think you fully deserve to wallow in the glory of the last year and a half.

I honestly cannot remember Norwich being good in any game in the last year and a half , effective maybe but good no. With the possible exception of the bizarre games against WBA and Man City which seem so out of context compared to the rest of the season. We have seen nothing to suggest that this was a progression this season.

To take the final league placing as a sign of anything positive when we looked like a dead man walking with 3 games to go last season is the sign of an eternal optimist and I salute you.

I understand I am probably in a minority that didn''t really enjoy what must be considered the high point of CH time the unbeaten run. It is obviously great to get something out of games against Arsenal or Manu and keeping it tight and taking the chance you get is commendable,

Might not be enough to convince me to keep buying a season ticket though.

Actually I remember one great game under CH away at Swansea that was the only other game I could actually say I enjoyed, and maybe my trip last year to WHL.[/quote]

So stadium expansion  looks a non starter then.

The title of this thread is truly depressing. McNally said he wanted to progress beyond 11th place this season we have gone backwards. It is staggering he is still in place even more staggering that they still have confidence in him

I am just hoping that he is deluded

I suppose that''s the point Ricardo in years gone by playing awful uninspiring football may have had other financial implications than relegation.

Sad to think we couldn''t fill the ground in the 80s

I''m dreading tomorrow whatever the result.

Not least because if we scrape a one nil win with a 30 yard thunderbolt from Howson being the only shot on target so many on here will see this as proof positive that everything is wonderful.

I dream of a formation change within 90 minutes (even if its 0 u front) something.

I''d be very, very surprised if ANYONE suddenly thought everything was wonderful, even if we won 5-0.

Personally I don''t think we stand much chance of improvement until we get at least three players back from injury.

This is a very, very tough league. There''s so much money at stake.

I''d agree with that Ron, we could play like 1970 Brazil tomorrow, win handsomely but one win isn''t going to turn detractors or undo last week for others.

One swallow and all that.

The injuries are a killer. Tettey is a huge loss with Bradley Johnson so out of sorts. Snodgrass back is a bonus as we always look a better side with him in it - though that view is probably as unpopular as my "stick with Hughton" one at the moment.

We need a win, if we get one tomorrow I fancy that it won''t be a thing of beauty..what it will be is a start.

[quote user="A Canary from the Waveney Valley"]The title of this thread is truly depressing. McNally said he wanted to progress beyond 11th place this season we have gone backwards. It is staggering he is still in place even more staggering that they still have confidence in him

I am just hoping that he is deluded[/quote]Well if deluded is what you want I have to say you seem to have found the right spot for it.

I really think he''ll be sacked after the West Ham game whatever the result. I obviously hope that we win, but if we lose the reaction will be awful and I think it would be a very sad end for him, so better for everybody to end with a win.

[quote user="Vanwink"]We need a win and we need rid of Chris.[/quote]

Huzzah!