Sign in to follow this  
pete

CH confident of Board backing?

I am not so sure, seems he is putting pressure on McNally and the Board by such claims.

A defeat tomorrow and I expect to see the Board to act as the fans response will be poisonous. Whether changing the manager will improve our chances of surviving this season we will have to see. But CH has exhausted supporters patience.

A win however will completely change the picture.

[quote user="pete"]I am not so sure, seems he is putting pressure on McNally and the Board by such claims.

A defeat tomorrow and I expect to see the Board to act as the fans response will be poisonous. Whether changing the manager will improve our chances of surviving this season we will have to see. But CH has exhausted supporters patience.

A win however will completely change the picture.[/quote]I doubt very much he''d just trot out the line without actually knowing he if he has their backing or not.CH hasn''t exhausted all supporters patience, this forum really isn''t totally representative, people come here to moan, its like the grave here when we''re doing well.

I do wonder if he''s already been told by our gutless board that his job is safe even if he gets us relegated.[:@]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I do wonder if he''s already been told by our gutless board that his job is safe even if he gets us relegated.[:@][/quote]

Of course he has, If he was to be sacked it would be a PR disaster like it was at Newcastle.

[quote user="Id fly over 1p5wich tomorrow..."]Gutless board?[/quote]

Yes and clueless ie Lambertgate.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Lambertgate?? Please explain what this is and why this proves the board are "gutless"? Thanks in advance...

Wiz, who''s going to run the club once you''ve got rid of the manager AND the gutless and clueless board?

Perhaps you could front a takeover consortium?

I still think if Hughton makes it to Xmas, he''ll get the season at least. Three points Saturday would certainly help his cause. I think we''ll get them too.

[quote user="Davros from Lowestoft"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Lambertgate?? Please explain what this is and why this proves the board are "gutless"? Thanks in advance...
[/quote]

Trying to look hard by not accepting his resignation and then end up having to pay HIM compo.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

This is comedy gold. Never has a Man typed such drivel.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Davros from Lowestoft"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Lambertgate?? Please explain what this is and why this proves the board are "gutless"? Thanks in advance...
[/quote]

Trying to look hard by not accepting his resignation and then end up having to pay HIM compo.

[/quote]

Norwich never paid him compo - he was paid his bonus as contractually obliged. Villa paid £1.5m for Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa and there will be a little more coming for Scott Marshall who left in the summer.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Davros from Lowestoft"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Lambertgate?? Please explain what this is and why this proves the board are "gutless"? Thanks in advance...[/quote]

[/quote]Right, so it would all have been fine had they just accepted his resignation straight away, without question?You wouldn''t have criticised them for that at all?The "compensation" was a bonus he was due anyway.Still, don''t let facts get in the way.....

[/quote]Lambertgate?? Please explain what this is and why this proves the board are "gutless"? Thanks in advance...[/quote]

[/quote]Oh dear...... Wiz, Lambert didn''t receive a penny in compo from us, we received compo from Villa and Lambert received his bonus that we had withheld from the previous season. Lambert had earned that money and would have got it regardless of whether he stayed or left, probably much sooner had he not been a cock.Take this on board, close your eyes, breath deeply and feel that anger subside just a little....

Seriously Wiz you''re saying we should have just accepted his resignation and let him go, because of a fear that we might end up with some sort of compensation liability ?

And in the same post you''re calling the board gutless ?

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Seriously Wiz you''re saying we should have just accepted his resignation and let him go, because of a fear that we might end up with some sort of compensation liability ?

[/quote]

To cling to a failing manager with such an appalling win ratio since his first game here, yeah, I think I got the phrase correct.

As someone who is clinging to the hope that CH can turn things around I don''t believe he would say he has the board''s backing if he didn''t. I think he needs the board''s backing and I don''t believe that they would have been expecting us to be in this position so will have done little preparation in terms of finding a new manager.

Just because fans have lost their nerve and are calling for Hughton''s head, I believe that the board are competent enough to not react rashly based on supporters criticisms.

I''m not saying that Hughton is safe by any means, but without a complete plan in place (who knows, maybe it is but I doubt it) why wouldn''t he have the board''s backing?

To be fair all round, we know clubs like us have dips and peeks in our lifetimes.

We are riding high after a very poor 5 years and we should be happy and support our board with what they have achieved.

If they see fit in sticking with Hughton then they have earned that right even if we do go down!

The bottom line is we can all have opinions, we can all air our frustrations, we all ave pie in the sky managers we would like to take over, the crux might be that those ear marked by the board don''t see us as an option and those who would come here are not to the standard they require, so why replace what we have...........We don''t know.

I play it from both siedes as a fence sitter, but MacNally and the borad have done well so far and I will support them through this challenging period.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]

To cling to a failing manager with such an appalling win ratio since his first game here, yeah, I think I got the phrase correct.

[/quote]

The correct phrase is "Weaseling"weasel out (of something) 1. Fig. to squeeze one''s way out of something.

[quote user="Indy"]

To be fair all round, we know clubs like us have dips and peeks in our lifetimes.

We are riding high after a very poor 5 years and we should be happy and support our board with what they have achieved.

If they see fit in sticking with Hughton then they have earned that right even if we do go down!

The bottom line is we can all have opinions, we can all air our frustrations, we all ave pie in the sky managers we would like to take over, the crux might be that those ear marked by the board don''t see us as an option and those who would come here are not to the standard they require, so why replace what we have...........We don''t know.

I play it from both siedes as a fence sitter, but MacNally and the borad have done well so far and I will support them through this challenging period.

[/quote]

If they think that by going down we will bounce straight back up under this manager, then they need to seriously think again..........half the current side will pi*s off asap. 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

If they think that by going down we will bounce straight back up under this manager, then they need to seriously think again..........half the current side will pi*s off asap. 

[/quote]

But Wiz, if we do go down then the players are not good enough for this league anyway, so we would need to rebuild again!

But as far as I know the board have not said that they would back him if relegated, I think it was only you, might be wrong.

I just point out that the board have done it right so far, back to back promotions, Hughton in to keep us up and spent 30 million, what more can they do for the time being?

I think it''s quite clear that if we were to say draw 0-0 or lose 0-1/0-2 then he would keep his job, but anything near a repeat of last week could mean trouble for Hughton. I think the reason he''s confident about the boards backing is because they''ve probably had a conversation this week (it would surely be highly irregular if they hadn''t met this week to discuss form etc) and the board (McNally) has assured him he will get the time. It''s clear they believe he''s the man for us now and for the future, but if we keep up this awful statistic of a low amount of wins in 30-odd games then Hughton becomes harder to believe in. Even he must see that too.

[/quote]another lie from our resident liarmaking up more sh ite to attack the cluband there are still those daft enough to think this troll is a City fan

Quite honestly the only thing that helps me sleep at night are these 2 facts.

Neither Delia Nor McNally have come out and given a vote of confidence as they do not want to be seen as hypocritical when he gets the boot.

Brian Gunn managed one more game after the 7-1 before being shown the door.

I would hope that the short list that was always in place is being worked on to see who should be our next manager regardless of the result tomorrow.

I still think the thing that upsets me most is after a year and a half some fans still think its going to get better.

Why would fans looking for positives in a situation upset you? Are you so tired and cynical of life that the mere thought of optimism fills you with anger? Bizarre.

Oh hey, btw.. we finished 11th last season. That''s the highest we''ve finished in the top flight for 20 years! I thought I''d remind you of that because, ya know, you seemed to have erased it from your memory.

[quote user="pete"]I am not so sure, seems he is putting pressure on McNally and the Board by such claims.

A win however will completely change the picture.[/quote]

Unless I''ve missed it at no point has Hughton said he has the backing of the board. Earlier in the week he was asked if he thought he did, and replied:“I can only be confident [I have the owners’ support]." Now today he has said:“I’m convinced I will get the time to turn it around. My only goal is the next game,” he said.Neither of those adds up to Hughton really believing (let alone having been told) he has the board''s backing.

The Board have been silent in the media as far as I am aware, just letting Chrissy speak for himself.One massive game coming up!  

I think he is confident that he has the Board backing but thats only because he is fully aware of what he needs to achieve short term, so short term, as he must have some objectives agreed ,then of course he will be confident as he will be himself confident he can achieve.........BUT, if he doesnt achieve then things change, he will know that and the Board will know that.....the consequences are now so big that it would be ridiculous to think otherwise.......a crucial few weeks or even days.