Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Who wants Hughton to succeed

Of course think everyone wants him to succeed but there does seem to be division when it comes to history and his successes that some people judge him by.

I cannot deny that whilst I backed him to stay last season regardless of where we finished I look at last season as the season we were lucky to avoid relegation rather than this 11th place rubbish.

I felt he should be given 10 games to show that with better players we would not be subjected to the dour dreadful slog we had last season.

I was very impressed with our signings in the summer but concerned watching pre season games (including the 2 at 3am) that we didn''t seem to set up in a way to get the strikers involved for me the biggest problem of his whole tenure.

If he has had some epiphany before tomorrow and has worked some set plays around the box to ensure we get the ball to Hooper or indeed some secondary plan to use should we fail to break down West Ham rather than just changing the personnel in the same old one dimensional formation then I will be overjoyed.

I would have been happy to have lost more games if I actually thought we had learned a valuable lesson for the future.

I have said elsewhere judgement on when we have played well or effectively.

I have disagree.

I think we played well against Southampton even though as with almost every game this season we created almost zero good clear cut chances and had to rely on a long range belter from Redmond.

Stoke was effective although 3 points were very welcome again I don''t recall any chances other than the hit and hope that somehow eluded the keeper.

We passed the ball much better against Arsenal and Chelsea but only in midfield in front of them and you have to wonder if either ever got out of 1st gear until they had to.

For me Cardiff is a similar tragedy to Hull and Villa a game we should have got more out of. Points thrown away. They were on the rack and we did nothing lumping it from range creating no decent chances.

For me it really isn''t about the results if I thought we were playing as a team and moving forward, we have the players just not the will.

It''s not 11th place rubbish though KV, is it? It''s where we finished. How can you say the official interpretation of our season is rubbish. Should  we all go by your alternative view? A view which doesn''t seem to sit with the facts in anycase, because I distinctly remember Ryan Bennett hitting the bar against Stoke where Snoddy also drew a top class save from Begovich.

I think everyone wanted him to succeed when he joined us.

There are now some who want him to fail because they believe our future is best served without him  - and want to force a change before it is too late.

Others are in the ''Alex Ferguson had a couple of bad seasons'' camp, and want to give him time to get it right.

Unlike Man U, we don''t have as much time to play with, and there is more at stake by potentially dropping out of the Premiership. 

Without knowing what Managerial alternatives are available to us it is impossible to say if things would be any better under someone else.

To confuse things further there have seen recent glimmers of improved performances, tempered with a crushing defeat last week.

For me; I would give him three more games, then make a final ''stay the rest of the season'' or ''go now'' decision.

The teams we will face in the next three games will be a more realistic comparison and also by then I believe time will be up.

I hope you can succeed Mr Hughton, but time is now painfully short. 

So you were completely at ease prior to the WBA game last season and didn''t think wed probably be relegated very easily 2 games made the season a roaring success. I have to admit I don''t recall these 2 chances of which you speak, maybe I nodded off.

I want Hughton to succeed because I want City to succeed. It''s as simple as that. If a win helps CH as well, that''s fine, but the club comes first and a win will pull us out of the relegation zone and back on track with 11 points from 11 games. More to do after that, but it''ll be a start and put us exactly where we were halfway through the unbeaten run last season. OTBC!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]So you were completely at ease prior to the WBA game last season and didn''t think wed probably be relegated very easily 2 games made the season a roaring success. I have to admit I don''t recall these 2 chances of which you speak, maybe I nodded off.[/quote]

The fact that we finished 11th just shows how tight the league was. Of course we could have been safe earlier if we''d been in the top 8. But I didn''t expect us to be in the top 8. I expected us to be amongst the clubs in the bottom half. It seems that most of these gripes could be aimed as most of the sides in the bottom half. None of them were any better than us. Most of the results between the sides were close. When I watched the games that we get so many complaints about the opposition were as poor as us. When I read posts like yours I entirely sympathise and can see the point but it seems to me your gripe is with the premier league and not our club. Two of the sides who played most open last season, Reading and Wigan both were relegated. Southampton would have been athird bu they changed managers and tightened up.

And if you seriously don''t remember Ryan Bennett hitting the bar against Stoke then I reckon you didn''t see the game.

Whether you want him to succeed or not is irreverant, because he is backed fully by the board and HE WILL SUCCEED.  Our next 3 results will be WDW!

Now get over yourselves and find a neighbourhood watch committee or something to join, you morons.

Tremendous confidence Norfolk, that''s they way CH should be talking to the players, let''s hope he does.

Hughton wants to succeed, the players want to succeed - as long as that''s the case I am happy with the set up.

They know it''s not been good enough so far, as long as we get a response to the last few weeks we should have the quality to be okay

-------------------------------------------

thats how I see it, and how I think all should see it.

I was not so impressed with the initial appointment of CH at the time as really wanted to have a very high profile Manager to replace PL as it was very clear at the time that the second season with the squad we had would be a real battle. Anyway, he has done a very decent job for us, and the 11th place just like the 12th place the season before, I will conceed, was a little flattering, and I agree certainly a sign of how competitive this league is. So, whilst he does certainly have limited time following the recent run (and I think that we all agree that regardless of what side we are on), I really want him to turn things round and succeed as the last thing our club needs right now is instability and another new Management team. We do need a Manager like CH working on improving all levels of our club and unlike what some people seem to believe he is actually the type of Manager who will help bring our youngsters through to the first team squad and long term that''s so important for our club. Also, things were improving in terms of the evolvement of our style of play and creating chances.....up and until that huge kick in nuts last week of course.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

For many I don''t think he can succeed. Having pulled his leg about it I''m now pleased that Smithers started his ridiculous and divisive willy size comparison thread. Because it turned out that the vast majority wanted Hughton out since various points during last season. The ones that are apparently hung like donkeys actually wanted him gone before a ball was kicked in anger. In fact some say they started to turn while Hughton was at Brum. But of course Hughton was successful. We finished in 11th place last season. So if Hughton repeats that this season then we will see the same excuses for discounting most of the games we collect points from somehow proving that we should have been relegated.

[/quote]

Nutty, they will use the fact that we entered November in the bottom three as the stick with which to beat him next season. Just you wait and see!

From his point of view, it would be good if he did succeed. Until the start of the season he had done little wrong - keeping us in the EPL and then making a number of signings with limited means. But then it all went wrong for him - both main strikers out for a few weeks, Bassong lost form, Benno injured, and now Tettey. All this with "bad luck" in a few games which we could and should have won, or gained a point.

But we are where we are. If he succeeds in the next few games, and I don''t mean fairly lame 0-0s or 1-1s, good for him but arguably not good enough for us. I have been sympathetic to his problems all season, but I am coming to the view that his coaching team are just not up to it - inflexible, lacking in imagination and just not good enough to out-think opposing managers.

From my point of view we have to see impressive performances over the next few games, - a real challenge for him, given the injuries and poor form. I wish him luck, but I feel that things can''t drag on much longer.

I want my team NCFC to win every game regardless of who the manager is, I hope he wins so we climb the table but there will be those hoping we lose so they can moan and boo. Free world I know but I want 3 points end of.