Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Who wants Hughton to succeed

[quote user="morty"]It would be absolutely the best outcome for Norwich City if he did.
[/quote]

Totally agree...............but.

I believe the job is beyond him.

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]1stWiz, some could say the same about you being a NCFC fan being beyond you.[/quote]

Be honest lad, you''ve been waiting since 6 am for me to log on here.[:D]

I really want him to succeed it is in all our interests. He needs to learn from the situation and adopt a more adventurous style. If he went now half way through a 3 year contract the compensation for him and his management team would be significant, several millions. add to that the compensation we would need to pay a manager and staff in a job than you could double that and bang goes most of our January transfer budget all the above could easily cost us £8m or so in pay offs and compensation

It''d be just wonderful if he did succeed but it''s not going to happen.

It''ll be interesting to see how he approaches the West Ham game. His comments since the weekend suggest his focus is going to be on the defence after we''ve shipped so many recently - not much acknowledgement to our continued dire return of goals.

He already succesfully guided us to a brilliant 11th place finish in the toughest league in the world.

Hughton wants to succeed, the players want to succeed - as long as that''s the case I am happy with the set up.

They know it''s not been good enough so far, as long as we get a response to the last few weeks we should have the quality to be okay.

[quote user="AJ"]Hughton wants to succeed, the players want to succeed - as long as that''s the case I am happy with the set up. They know it''s not been good enough so far, as long as we get a response to the last few weeks we should have the quality to be okay.[/quote]

Jeez!

I would hope that all NCFC fans want him to succeed, but they will have different definitions of success.

I want NCFC to succeed on the pitch and off.If that is with Hughton then fine but I really don''t care if it''s with the ghost of Pol Pot as manager as long as it''s working.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2013-11-07 2:45 PM:

He will, in time

But more likely not with NCFC.

[quote user="City 2nd"]mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2013-11-07 2:45 PM:

He will, in time

City 2nd - But more likely not with NCFC.[/quote]

Why not with Norwich City?   Are we so closed minded we can''t allow a manager to develop his strategies, find the right balance over a decent period of time?   Ok, things are difficult.  That goes without saying, but I''m getting really fed up with the critics who can''t see anything in good in what has been happening this season.  Some fans seem to live in a post  apocalyptic Roeder type world where every manager has to be compared to him.  Or maybe they are still pining for Lambert - who incidentally had several no shows in his season with us in the premiership -  Man City away, Sunderland away, Liverpool at home to name three.

Wake up.  We are in the most difficult league in the world.  We are one of the least resourced clubs in the division.   ManCity was a setback and yes we are all wanting to see improvements. The pressure is on, but I still want Hughton to succeed.   I think it would be worse to get someone else in at this stage. If we lose the next three games, then we will all have to accept the inevitable, but why not think positvely?  6-8 points over the next four games would be a major step in the right direction - and it would show us that he is on the right track and developing strategies that work.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City 2nd"]mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2013-11-07 2:45 PM: He will, in time

Why not with Norwich City?   Are we so closed minded we can''t allow a manager to develop his strategies, find the right balance over a decent period of time?   Ok, things are difficult.  That goes without saying, but I''m getting really fed up with the critics who can''t see anything in good in what has been happening this season.  Some fans seem to live in a post  apocalyptic Roeder type world where every manager has to be compared to him.  Or maybe they are still pining for Lambert - who incidentally had several no shows in his season with us in the premiership -  Man City away, Sunderland away, Liverpool at home to name three.

Wake up.  We are in the most difficult league in the world.  We are one of the least resourced clubs in the division.   ManCity was a setback and yes we are all wanting to see improvements. The pressure is on, but I still want Hughton to succeed.   I think it would be worse to get someone else in at this stage. If we lose the next three games, then we will all have to accept the inevitable, but why not think positvely?  6-8 points over the next four games would be a major step in the right direction - and it would show us that he is on the right track and developing strategies that work.

[/quote]

The tragic thing is, you still won''t.

yes! without a doubt I want him to succeed as i do any Norwich manager.

when 1st appointed I even wanted Roeder and Gunn To succeed.

I cling to the hope that Hughton will.... Hope is what we cling to when everything else is lost apparently.

When Hughton was appointed I felt with absolution that we had got the best man for the job. Especially with what was available at the time.

My confidence in Hughton over the last 10 months or so has deteriorated and at an alarming rate over the last two months.

Hull away was an all time low for me and I began to dread going to the games expecting the worst every single time. However, through the Chelsea, Arsenal, and Cardiff games I felt the tide changing, I suddenly had my optimism back, and things were starting to look up. Then Manchester happened. I don''t expect to beat either Manchester team but to roll over and show our bellies for a little rub was too much to watch.

Something is very wrong with our team at the moment and I just don''t see goals coming from anywhere (especially our strikers).

I hope that hughton can turn this around but I fear he has already lost a large portion of fans who may never be won back and are (depressingly) waiting for any failures to jump on.

I''m on the fence, I''m falling over to the side that he is not up to the job, but I am praying for a dog to jump the fence, grab me by the scruff of my neck, and drag me into the good lord he''s only gone and done it side of the fence!

I think everyone wants him to succeed, but wanting counts for nothing. I want to win the lottery but that won''t make it happen.

The dividing line seems to be between those who have some belief that he can turn the situation around and is capable of producing positive, winning football, and those who no longer believe he is capable.

In all likelihood, despite everyone focussing on the next three games what we''ll get in the short term is a watered-down version of the future. City will probably get some points on the board out of sheer desperation if nothing else, but it''s if/when we return to Hughton''s comfort zone that we''ll really find out whether he''s capable of real change.

The concern would be that if we did get, say, a win on Saturday and 4 points from the next 2, which granted CH a stay of execution, would he then slam the attacking brakes on again, and the poor results which followed would send us back into the drop zone but 6 or 7 games closer to the end of the season.

For many I don''t think he can succeed. Having pulled his leg about it I''m now pleased that Smithers started his ridiculous and divisive willy size comparison thread. Because it turned out that the vast majority wanted Hughton out since various points during last season. The ones that are apparently hung like donkeys actually wanted him gone before a ball was kicked in anger. In fact some say they started to turn while Hughton was at Brum. But of course Hughton was successful. We finished in 11th place last season. So if Hughton repeats that this season then we will see the same excuses for discounting most of the games we collect points from somehow proving that we should have been relegated.

To some extent, that''s what this thread was about, he''s by no means Steve Kean, who was doomed before he even started the job, but it does seem that some people have unjustifiably never liked the job Hughton has done.

Maybe we need a big name like Diego Maradona Sven Goran Eriksson to come in :-P

I do have to admit though, even with the success, i do wish it was with a more attacking style of football, but i can appreciate Hughton has to work with what he''s got.

This season, that excuse is wearing thin though. He''s had the money to sign players and i really think if he''d got the Elmander signing right (or if that useless lump can finally get his game together) then we can see the best from RVW and Hoops and we''ll start to get points.

The defence in the main this season has been good and it was a confidence thing this week.

Whatever way the West Ham game goes, i think it''ll be pivotal to our season. We win that and i feel we''ll pick up a fair few points before Christmas.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

For many I don''t think he can succeed. Having pulled his leg about it I''m now pleased that Smithers started his ridiculous and divisive willy size comparison thread. Because it turned out that the vast majority wanted Hughton out since various points during last season. The ones that are apparently hung like donkeys actually wanted him gone before a ball was kicked in anger. In fact some say they started to turn while Hughton was at Brum. But of course Hughton was successful. We finished in 11th place last season. So if Hughton repeats that this season then we will see the same excuses for discounting most of the games we collect points from somehow proving that we should have been relegated.

[/quote]

Success for me would be points over the next few games to get us up into the mid-table pack and stay safely above the drop zone from then on.

Last season even though we never fell into the drop zone once we started our unbeaten run, the fact that at various points we weren''t far above it (along with quite a few other clubs) was enough for many to want Hughton out.  So yes, I suspect that even if we get back on track for the rest of this season, many on here will continue to want him out and find excuses why our league position is a "myth".

not really, hes had plenty of chances already and its horrible to watch 98% of the timei want norwich city to succeed, but thats a different thing

Why to people always make it so personal?

I don''t give a damn who it is (well, ok, within reason) that is in charge I just want the club I support to do well.

If Hughton can turn this around and get us going great.

If he is unable to then the club needs to consider whether they need a change at the helm to do it.

As said elsewhere, if the players have lost confidence in themselves Hughton really has a short amount of time before that becomes dangerous.

That''s when he may well need to go. And that isn''t against him or his tactics, that is to do about the success of the club and that for that to happen the players need to be energised and inspired.

@Stan: "not really, hes had plenty of chances already and its horrible to watch 98% of the time"

Last season he mainly had to make do with what he had after predominantly focusing on rebuilding what was a shocking defence bar the odd one or two.

This season we have played well against Everton, Stoke, Southampton, Chelsea and to an extent Arsenal and certainly against Cardiff. It wasn''t ugly boring defensive play that is for sure.

"i want norwich city to succeed, but thats a different thing"

Well exactly. What is grinding on fans and players alike will be the results. As well as we have played at times, and as well as we know the squad has been improved the results have not been there.

It''s the main, key thing. If we had played ugly and were say, 8th in the table do you really believe so many people would be up in arms? It''s about the results primarily - you don''t need to make anything else up.

In regards to success, see what I said in my previous post.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City 2nd"]mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2013-11-07 2:45 PM:

He will, in time

[/quote]Of course we all want Hughton to succeed as his lack of success is the only thing that makes fans think a change may be appropriate. With Lambert I think he had a bit of leeway second half of his season in the Premiership due to 2 and a half seasons of continued success. Hughton has simply taken over a side who finished 12th in the Premier League and spent the best part of a year struggling in and around the relegation zone with them. The Manchester City and United humiliations humiliations where our team caved without the merest glimpse of a fight simply worked to magnify our current inefficiencies as opposed to being a "setback". 8 points in four games would show that his strategy is working. However he''s only achieved 8 points in 10 so far. Showing his strategy is falling woefully short of the boards expectations. 1 point from two games against Hull and Cardiff also suggests the team isn''t set-up to beat the other poor teams in the league as well as struggling to contain the better teams. So right now until he does start moving up the league he has to be under immense pressure.