Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

Hughton in, Hughton out. Just how strong are your views?

I am, at the moment still in the Hughton In camp but my support has waned over recent weeks.

I would say I am now about 55% to 60% Hughton in.

I wonder what I might be after today.

Lose today and he has to go. Realistcally i think he needs 6 or 7 points from the next 3 games to deserve any more time.

[quote user="morty"]I''m just glad someone has started a thread on this.
[/quote]

But you just had to look and comment

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="morty"]I''m just glad someone has started a thread on this.[/quote]

But you just had to look and comment

[/quote]And you had to comment on my comment.

morty wrote the following post at 2013-11-09 4:30 PM:

I''m just glad someone has started a thread on this.

I''m with Morty, yawn, this thread just isn''t required!

It''s been batted backwards and forwards all week, today is match day, CH is still our manager, let''s get behind them all - a win is required.

[quote user="City 2nd"]morty wrote the following post at 2013-11-09 4:30 PM:

I''m just glad someone has started a thread on this.

I''m with Morty, yawn, this thread just isn''t required!

It''s been batted backwards and forwards all week, today is match day, CH is still our manager, let''s get behind them all - a win is required.[/quote][Y]

I have been sympathetic to his cause until recently - he kept us up last year with some astute purchases, signed some good players this summer and then had bad luck - injuries, loss of form (Bassong), and rub of the green in a few matches.

Now, I would not be sorry to see him go, although I hope that he will redeem himself over the next few games. I am not convinced that his coaching team collectively has enough flexibility or creative thought to cope with the problems presented by good EPL teams. If he does continue, I can see a situation of crisis repeating itself at some point.

I''ve never been as strongly undecided as I am now!

I desperately want ChrIs H to succeed. I genuinely believe he did a decent job in his first season (some of those who wanted him out months ago seem to me to be horribly reactionary.). I questioned his signing of Bunn at the time, before going on to realise he was more far seeing than I was about it.

I liked his summer shopping. I liked the performances against stoke, Chelsea, Southampton and the higher intensity we showed in those matches, I like the better use of Hoswon recently, the arrival of Redmond,

I dislike the often too-late nature of his substitutions, some of the willingness to cede time and space to our opponents too often, the slow build up play that too often fizzles out, last years unwillingness to even give Fox (who I really rated in Lamberts time) a game, the fact that having signed a top quality centre forward in RVW we seem totally incapable of playing an early ball in behind for him, last weeks shambles...

I could go on...the summary would be that I do not want to sack our manager at this point in the season, after playing nearly all the top 8 (including Southampton currently) and having a run of very winnable fixtures coming up...but neither do I want us to lose all of those matches and be cut adrift with Palace.

I think probably 5 more matches for me...but by the same token if we don''t get the points we need by then 5 matches is probably too late to save us...

So in am decidedly undecided. Fortunately for us all, McNasty has to make this call, not me!

Thank you Mrs Miggins, figures!

Others, I was looking for the level of support or otherwise.

Morty, there have been many similar threads but not like this.

You have let it be known that you are in the Hughton In camp.

Are you 100% or have you, like me, felt less supportive of late than at the beginning of the season?

Time is slipping away, 10 games (or so) gone already.

Results and performances dont lie. We are where we are in the table for a reason. Nice guy or not, results are what Hughton is judged on, and I lack confidence that he is the man to turn things around. Is there a better manger option available? I dont think so, so the decision is a tough one.

Sadly, I think today could be the final straw if we lose, especially with the international break coming up.