Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Anyone else not looking forward to games as much anymore

There is nothing, nothing like the feeling of walking down to Carrow Rd on a match day with the sense of anticipation at what may happen.   Even if I can only get to a few home matches each season,  walking towards the ground where everyone is heading the same way, the crowd getting bigger and bigger as you get close to the stadium, the excitement is there every time, whatever the match.  As an exile, I savour that pre-match feeling and try to enjoy every second of it.   People that go every week may take it a little for granted, I don''t know, but for me that pre-match anticipation, which has been with me since childhood when my Dad used to take me, parking in City Road, down the alleyways and towards Carrow Bridge, has something of the magic about it.  Its timeless.  You can''t buy that sort of thing - its in the blood and the system completely and utterly.  

Absolutely agree LDC. Taking my little boy to the games now makes it all the more special...

And an evening game, under the lights, full house, on telly...

Doesn''t get better than that. Really cannot wait. Hope the atmosphere is right behind the team from the first minute.

The ealy responses about how lfe in the Prem was gonna be tough and grinding with plenty of disappointment conveniently ignore the thrill of match day and subsequent joy of hard fought, well played exciting soccer we had 2 seasons ago. When we were also in the Prem.

The whole idea of ''be grateful and enjoy it because we are in the Prem'' and ''look at where we have come from'' does my ******* head in.

We are here on merit. We are no longer little old unfashionable Norwich. We as fans have every right to have the ambition we expect our club to demonstrate. This includes doing more than just grinding out points forever or until we eventually get relegated.

I can see the OPs point and yes my love of match day has waned slightly in the last year. I blame games like Fulham and Newcastle at home last season.

I had to haul myself out of bed by creating a series of pulleys and Rube Goldberg machines similar to Wallace and Gromit today nutty.

I had the bed flipped upside down, my phone and iPad blasting OTBC at full volume into my ears, and a series of contraptions that caused the fire alarm to go off right at full blast..

''If you don''t like going to games as much anymore, choose another team or sport. Simple really.''

Unfortunately this isn''t quite how football works. We have to take the rough with the smooth but have a right to express our opinions.

[quote user="Marc Libbras haircut"]''If you don''t like going to games as much anymore, choose another team or sport. Simple really.''

Unfortunately this isn''t quite how football works. We have to take the rough with the smooth but have a right to express our opinions.[/quote]Don''t disagree with that in the slightest, but at least be balanced, some people seem to only know how to whinge, and have a complete inability to be just happy when we win.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]The ealy responses about how lfe in the Prem was gonna be tough and grinding with plenty of disappointment conveniently ignore the thrill of match day and subsequent joy of hard fought, well played exciting soccer we had 2 seasons ago. When we were also in the Prem.[/quote]

Soccer?Really? [:^)]

Are we Norwich City Soccer Club supporters all of a sudden?

[quote user="Bws Cat "]I had to haul myself out of bed by creating a series of pulleys and Rube Goldberg machines similar to Wallace and Gromit today nutty.

I had the bed flipped upside down, my phone and iPad blasting OTBC at full volume into my ears, and a series of contraptions that caused the fire alarm to go off right at full blast..[/quote]Lol, liking your signature thing[;)]

And some people have their heads in the sand, coming up only toswig more beer. Balanced has 2 sides. This will make more sense if you ever sober up. Then you''ll experience balance, too.

Unfortunately Morty in the world we live in we have to let everyone have an opinion. If it was up to me they would need to pass a test before airing them in public.

The good thing is though you have every right to think that they are morons.

[quote user="Marc Libbras haircut"]Unfortunately Morty in the world we live in we have to let everyone have an opinion. If it was up to me they would need to pass a test before airing them in public.

The good thing is though you have every right to think that they are morons.[/quote][:D]