Sign in to follow this  
Canary On The Wire

Be careful what you wish for.

Be careful what you wish for. Wolves fans clamoured like needy infants to get McCarthy out. The sacking was viewed as unfair by so many managers and well regarded people in football that no one decent touched the job with a barge pole and they went down on even worse form than they were in when he was sacked.

Hughton is a very well regarded man in football. Sacking him would have a similar effect as it WOULD be an unfair sacking! So many of you are deluded by a desperate vendetta against CH- but the 4-3-3 he is employing now tore Stoke and Cardiff new arseholes... Marshall was the only thing preventing a cricket score.The teams around us we are expected to beat are the games he should be judged on- not the games against the top six. We showed great fight against Chelsea and Arsenal, and were hugely unfortunate not to at least get a point against Chelsea (Tettey''s slip up- his only mistake of the game).

Yes, we were poor against the Manc clubs, but the excellent performances against Cardiff and Stoke balance that out for me. We''ll get a result against West Ham today- but that just won''t matter to many of you because you''ve decided you hate Chris Hughton. However NCFC get on today you''ll twist it to find another angle against the man. He can''t win.

But let this animosity spread like a poison through the club and the board will have to act- in which case I''ll see you away at the Molineux in a couple of years.

Be careful what you wish for.

Hughton is very well regarded by people who aren''t relying on him for results, those that are have a different opinion... and how would it be unfair? it''s a results driven buisness and Hughton isn''t getting them what ever way you paint it up.. No vendetta..no one hates him you are being a drama queen, the level of performance  at the moment and for some time has been unacceptable and the buck stops with Hughton.Of course changing the manager can go either way but so can sticking with him.

Adkins would have been similarly viewed as unfair last season, and the world seems to have got over that. I would see that as a more appropriate comparison. In many ways we are a better team team than last season but for whatever reason we are not performing to our potential.
But there is a clear lesson to be learned from the Southampton experience - only make the change if you have somebody lined up and will most likely be an improvement on what you have got. And that''s the really difficult bit.
For me the main concern remains as to whether or not Hughton has the backing of the dressing room. Today we have said we will know. I wonder? Will it be so obvious? The margins at the top level of any sport are small. If the players lack belief in the tactics or have lost a fraction of motivation and as a result some of them are half a yard slower or fail to press a couple of times that could make make all the difference, turning a possible victory into another insipid performance.

Deluded? I''m not deluded, were in the bottom 3 and CH has presided over some of the most dire performances ive seen in my 30 yrs as a fan. And yes we are expected to beat the teams around us and we havent, except Stoke. We didnt beat Hull, Villa or Cardiff. Hughton has arguably better attacking players than Lambert did and yet we are at the lowest point attack wise for 4 yrs.

Talk about delusion? It''s the Hughton apologists that are deluded. He''ll be gone by the Palace game when we draw 0-0.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Deluded? I''m not deluded, were in the bottom 3 and CH has presided over some of the most dire performances ive seen in my 30 yrs as a fan. And yes we are expected to beat the teams around us and we havent, except Stoke. We didnt beat Hull, Villa or Cardiff. Hughton has arguably better attacking players than Lambert did and yet we are at the lowest point attack wise for 4 yrs.

Talk about delusion? It''s the Hughton apologists that are deluded. He''ll be gone by the Palace game when we draw 0-0.[/quote]You have a very, very short memory if you think we are playing the worst football in 30 years.

Are you sure spartacus? From some of the stuff I have read on here its pretty clear there is some hatred about towards our Manager unfortunately.

I for one don''t genuinely believe any body actually hates Hughton , but like myself , hate what is happening to the club we love , have supported for life ,  and will always support , whoever the manager is  Its an outpouring of emotion , born from the frustration of the situation nd from the seemingly inability of CH to do anything about it 

I do not hate him personally , but want him gone if this is wht we are going to continue to get from him and his team ,,,,however ,, and I do not  believe it is a possibility , he turned things around ,, we progressed and did it from playing attractive football.....  then al I and I truly believe most  City fans want id relative success..its not  too important who is at the helm !

Where is the edit  button !

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Are you sure spartacus? From some of the stuff I have read on here its pretty clear there is some hatred about towards our Manager unfortunately.[/quote]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Deluded? I''m not deluded, were in the bottom 3 and CH has presided over some of the most dire performances ive seen in my 30 yrs as a fan..[/quote]You obviously never saw us play under Hamilton, Roeder, Grant and Gunn then. And going back a bit further some of Mike Walker''s 2nd spell in charge.

It''s definitely a 4-3-3 Hazza. If you''re watching the game later today, watch the positions of the wingers in relation to the central striker. You should be able to draw a straight line between them a lot of the time. 4-3-3.