Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

The players must take some responsibility

That''s very easy to say "oh well that''s all Hughton''s job to motivate them" but most of these players should have a bit of fire in their bellies and want to show some personal pride in their work.  This bunch of jokers look like they couldn''t give a flying monkeys about anything, so half-hearted is this display so far.  Obviously Hughton will now go, but I hope the new boy throws the book at this shower of layabouts and makes them run up and down Mousehold until they vomit. 

Too bloody right Bor. For a team supposedly behind the manager they are a joke. I would not want to be in a battlefield or a fight if these guys supposedly have my back. They should be playing like they give a rats, instead they''re happy to go home and collect a cheque. I actually feel some pity for Hughton as he''s being shafted right now

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

That''s very easy to say "oh well that''s all Hughton''s job to motivate them" but most of these players should have a bit of fire in their bellies and want to show some personal pride in their work.  This bunch of jokers look like they couldn''t give a flying monkeys about anything, so half-hearted is this display so far.  Obviously Hughton will now go, but I hope the new boy throws the book at this shower of layabouts and makes them run up and down Mousehold until they vomit. 

[/quote]

Full agreement here, Bor Bor.  The manager may not be the best but the players are the ones that go on the pitch.  Should be showing more.

Redknapp is right the goal was down to pilks what the hell was he doing appealing for offside ? if he had paid attention and kept with his man they wouldn''t have scored .

[quote user="yoda"]Redknapp is right the goal was down to pilks what the hell was he doing appealing for offside ? if he had paid attention and kept with his man they wouldn''t have scored .[/quote]taken off 2 minutes later.. because he was "injured" or because someones going to give him a swift size 12 in the B***ks?

Yes, some pride would be nice, but do remember that they are being instructed to play a certain way. Such negative tactics for so long a time period would totally remove players confidence. If Houghton, or anyone else, instructs them to play back and not take too many risks, it is virtually the same thing as telling them that they wont score goals or make any advances anyway, so they might as well not even try and "risk it" - they should just protect their own goal. Which, unfortunately, ends up making it look like Ruddy is the only member of the team interested in keeping the ball out of our goal. It is the mentality of the team which will determine the quality of their play..... and it is the manager''s job to infuse the right mentality into the players by the way he instructs them to play and the tactics he chooses to use.

Yes, players need to take pride in their game, but how excited can they possibly play, when constantly instructed to "not risk it"? Negative tactics to exactly that.

C''mon now!

Well, I reckon someone or something put a bit of fire into them at half time.  What a bloody comeback that was, old Bor''s seen nothing like that since Escape to Victory and that was a documentary and not a real match.