Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

West Ham predictions

Well, I think it will be a nervy affair. WHU have failed to score in 6 of 10 so no doubt they will break this mould soon. I am going for 2-2. With the crowd getting restless (put kindly).

Honestly do not know what to expect. What I do know is that the crowd need to hold their nerve. Grumbling and moaning because we havent scored in the first ten minutes really isnt going to help.

[quote user="Davros from Lowestoft"]I predict a good 4-1 win for City and a quiet night on the Pink ''Un. [/quote]
Really hope youre right, on both counts!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Davros from Lowestoft"]I predict a good 4-1 win for City and a quiet night on the Pink ''Un. [/quote]
[/quote]West Ham haven''t won here in the league for over 40 years so history on our side.

Cannot see us scoring and the Hammers 0-3 win at Spurs is worrying . Also it never helps when teams think of you as an easy 3 points .

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Davros from Lowestoft"]I predict a good 4-1 win for City and a quiet night on the Pink ''Un. [/quote]
[/quote]West Ham haven''t won here in the league for over 40 years so history on our side.[/quote]Binner! [;)]

3-0 westham will pose no threat

turner

hooper

howson

up to 15th and the ones shouting hughton out look like nob heads

Has 0-0 written all over this game.....tight West Ham defence, our better players still out injured, crowd wanting blood and a manager and players under pressure.

Having said that it will tunrn into a 5-4 home win!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Davros from Lowestoft"]I predict a good 4-1 win for City and a quiet night on the Pink ''Un.
[/quote]

[/quote]

West Ham haven''t won here in the league for over 40 years so history on our side.
[/quote]

True - but we have not beaten them either home or away in 13 years either - so history is also against us... 

I am expecting a 00 draw. I will give him 10 minutes if we haven''t had a shot on target I will start moaning like a bitch

Given our definite and possible injury absences, and goal shyness, I can''t see us scoring more than one. Since Wet Spam are also low-scoring but our defence is currently very generous, I can see our opponents scoring at least once.

So Ill be optimistic and say 1-1

Fed up of this idea that we''re expected to lose or draw at best to most teams in this league, such as Man City. So? Who gives a fook? That''s no excuse for being royally fooked over 7-0 is it? Only excuse for that is poor tactics from the start. We''ve proven over our first 2 PL campaigns that we can compete with the ''big boys'', even with a team supposedly less capable than our team now. This is our third season now in the premier league, we have a more than capable squad, more than capable facilities, yet the club and most of our supporters seem perfectly content with ''expecting'' to lose against the bigger teams, and when we do we take it on the chin, say we tried, hop back on our tractors/sisters, and wait for the next inevitable 3-0 defeat.

We''re becoming a joke of a club; a very small fish in a not that big pond. It kills me to see Southampton and Swansea perform the way they do, both are clubs of similar sizes and similar squad ability to us yet we''re nowhere near them in terms of ambition and current performance level. The club coming out and saying that ''we can''t afford European football'' or whatever nonsense it was they said made me want to shoot someone, if we''re being told that we can''t afford to play at the top, then what''s the point in playing at all?!?!?!? Where''s the fun in lower-to-mid-table finishes every season? There isn''t any. I could go on about this for days but you get the picture.

We need to shake off this little ol'' Norwich mentality fast because it''s genuinely embarrassing, and if we don''t get a result at West Ham I''m worried for the rest of the season (unless Hooghton goes and we get a manager with a bit of desire about him, also someone with some contacts and fair bit of tactical knowledge wouldn''t go a miss either).

[quote user="TracyJacks"]Fed up of this idea that we''re expected to lose or draw at best to most teams in this league, such as Man City. So? Who gives a fook? That''s no excuse for being royally fooked over 7-0 is it? Only excuse for that is poor tactics from the start. We''ve proven over our first 2 PL campaigns that we can compete with the ''big boys'', even with a team supposedly less capable than our team now. This is our third season now in the premier league, we have a more than capable squad, more than capable facilities, yet the club and most of our supporters seem perfectly content with ''expecting'' to lose against the bigger teams, and when we do we take it on the chin, say we tried, hop back on our tractors/sisters, and wait for the next inevitable 3-0 defeat.

We''re becoming a joke of a club; a very small fish in a not that big pond. It kills me to see Southampton and Swansea perform the way they do, both are clubs of similar sizes and similar squad ability to us yet we''re nowhere near them in terms of ambition and current performance level. The club coming out and saying that ''we can''t afford European football'' or whatever nonsense it was they said made me want to shoot someone, if we''re being told that we can''t afford to play at the top, then what''s the point in playing at all?!?!?!? Where''s the fun in lower-to-mid-table finishes every season? There isn''t any. I could go on about this for days but you get the picture.

We need to shake off this little ol'' Norwich mentality fast because it''s genuinely embarrassing, and if we don''t get a result at West Ham I''m worried for the rest of the season (unless Hooghton goes and we get a manager with a bit of desire about him, also someone with some contacts and fair bit of tactical knowledge wouldn''t go a miss either).[/quote]

i have supported city since 1967 and it always been a small club mentality, it will never change but until it does we will go nowhere fast getting a manager worthy of a premier league club would be a step in the right direction.

1-0 to us...

and to keep the suspense we will score in the last 7 minutes...

this is THE game for many reasons this season...

Hooper our Hero?

West ham to win 1-0 if we play well.Our tactics have been published in the latest version of  ''The Idiots Guide to Soccer'' so the element of surprise is lost.Damp squib attack building from a colander defense hasn''t been fruitful to date.Even so my heart is with a resounding Norwich win, just want things to improve that we may regain a little pride.