Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

West Ham line up

So... after that horrible day today, what do we do? Hughton''s last chance.

4-4-2 for me:

Ruddy, Martin, Turner, Bassong, Olsson

Redmond, Fer, Howson Pilks

Becchio, Hooper.

Injuries apart, I agree with JS, but would want RVW alongside Hooper ..... some chance.

Although Hughton would appear to have been given a temporary reprieve he will still not be capable of anything other than thinking in his own rigid way.

Defence first for him, so it''s a blocking midfield with Johnson alongside Fer and one lone striker.

This is completely pointless at this time as we do not know who will be available and who will not.

Wait until we know more and then I will give you my preferred team as I would like Tettey, RvW and Redmond starting but I know they will not all be available.

I''m torn between a 3-5-2 as West Ham play 1 up front at most or a 4-4-2.

GK. Ruddy

DC. Martin

DC. Bennett

DC. Bassong

RM. Snoddy

CM. Howson

CM. Fer

CM. Bradders

LM. Pilks

ST. Hooper

ST. RVW

Bunn, Olsson, Turner, Hoolahan, Redmond, Murphy, Becchio

GK. Ruddy

LB. Olsson

CB. Bassong

CB. Bennett

RB. Martin

LM. Pilks

CM. Howson

CM. Fer

RM. Redmond

ST. Hooper

ST. RVW

Bunn, Whittaker, Turner, Bradders, Snoddy, Hoolahan, Becchio

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]If the current manager''s still in charge does it really matter ?
[/quote]

isn''t redmond injured

--------------------ruddy----------------

whittaker---turner--bassong--olsson

snodgrass---fer---howson--pilkington

--------------hooper---Wolfswinkel----

west ham don''t play with any strikers

Why alll the calls to drop Turner and replace him with Bennett.

Surely Bassong has been the weakest centre back this season??

Best pairing has been Turner and Bennett at Stoke.

Here''s my team

Ruddy in goal

4 people from the Barclay in defence. (Any takers)

4 people from the jarrold in midfield (any takers)

Most importantly. 2 forwards that can score. From any part of the ground.

Apply in the store. Serious applicants may apply

Bassong''s fitness is a real concern, he doesn''t look anywhere near 100%. Personally I''d play Bennett against West Ham and give Bassong a few weeks rest.

Snatch the ball away from your main striker when awarded a penalty and then miss!

That should do it....!

Oh wait a minute?

Snake

As has been already mentioned, this thread is pretty pointless considering we don''t know what we''re looking at injury wise come next week :/

However, presuming that all bar Bennett and Tettey are fit, here''s what I''d go with:

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Redmond Howson Fer Pilks

Hooper

Ricky

Bench: Bunn, Whitts, Bennett, Johnson, Murphy, Becchio and Elmander

I wouldn''t be surprised if Bennett featured in the starting XI but tbh, both Bassong and Turner were so dire idk who I''d drop... I''d keep Murphy in as he was one of the few players who actually tried against City and Snoddy needs to sort himself out anyway :/

I just hope Johnson doesn''t start. He''s not good enough, simple as.

I think we should get back to 4-4-2, hopefully RVW and Hooper, tell them to stop moping about like a couple of losers that can''t get laid and work together like the SAS does.

Howson and Fer have enough energy to control the middle, Pilks and either Redmond or Whittaker on the wings.

I think Bassong has to play because on his day, he''s the best defender outside the top half. Man City was a shambles all round and while Bassong didn''t help, i certainly trust him to turn it round and start playing well for us again, particularly at home where he should have an easier afternoon.

West Ham don''t seem to have any strikers at the moment and have drawn their last two games 0-0. We need to ensure this doesn''t finish goalless. 

Probably best to get in their faces and go for it from the start. 4-4-2 for me, trying to play 3 centre mids with one of them as Johnson wouldn''t be a good move based on his season so far. Play the wingers on their stronger foot so we can get the crosses in and hopefully some goal mouth action. Russell Martin as captain.RuddyMartin, Bennett, Turner, OlssonRedmond, Fer, Howson, PilkingtonHooper, RVW

Why not go all out attack! (assuming all players below are fit)

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Fer Howson

Hoolahan

RVW Elmander Hooper

Subs: Bunn, Turner or Bennett, Garrido, Johnson, Redmond, Pilkington, Snodgrass

If Redmond or Snodgrass aren''t fit, replace with Becchio and Murphy

Ruddy

Martin

Turner

Bennett

Olsson

Redmond

Fer

Howson

Pilks

Hoolahan

Hooper.

4.4.1.1 - lets take it to them and really shake it up.

We are shorn of Tettey until 2014, so we really have to pick the most reliable back four we can find. Most seem agreed that Bennett must come in, but there is a difference over whom he replaces, - Turner or Bassong?

Why not replace both CBs, neither of who has played very well recently, and play Martin and Bennett in the centre. Martin is a better CB than RB, in the view of many, he organises the defence against free-kicks, and generally urges players. He would be both captains on the day, and do the role very well. Whittaker would come in at RB.

We have to see what, if anything, can be done to improve the performances of the present CBs, and resting them for three weeks may be what they need to get their heads or bodies right.

Whether Redmond will be fit immediately is unknown to us outside, but he has pulled a muscle and I wouldn''t count on him for the next game, and the two week break could be right for him. The same could be said of RvW, who might be fit even for the next match.

My team would be:

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bennett Olsson (or Garrido if Olsson has to play further forward)

Redmond (or Pilks) Fer Howson Pilks (or Olsson, or Johnson if Redmond is not fit)

RvW Becchio

Subs - who''s available? I would include Josh Murphy, plus Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Hooper, etc. Is Elmander worth a place on the bench?

One final question. We have seen the two Murphy brothers as perhaps the best prospects at the moment. Is there anyone else in the U21 team who could be on the bench, central midfielder or defender?

My Team would be

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Garrido

Whittaker Fer

Snoddgrass Ollson

Hooper RVW

Never going to happen though.

More of the same 1 upfront maybe 2 for the last 5 minutes.

Our midfield gets over-run if we play a 4 and we dont have the defenders drilled in playing a back 3 - so for me it has to be either a 4-1-4-1 or preferably a 4-2-3-1.   Its the system the players know,  performed well against upto and including Cardiff and should be enough against wet sham.

Ruddy

Martin   Turner  Bennett  Garrido

Fer  Johnson

Snodgrass  Howson  Pilkington

RvW 

Whittaker and Hooper were woeful on Sat and dont really deserve to even make the bench.  Seb simply has not been himself and so Bennett deserves his chance. Olsson is a defensive calamity every game and  thats why Garry is back - we have to shore up the back line.  0-0 at half time means we can still win.  Play the above formation with a pressing game a la stoke away.   I am confident of a win then 

We cant go gung ho - BJ does not offer the same defensive solidity that Tettey gives and we are so suspect to a counter attack - both Citehs opening goals came through us committing too many men forward and having susbsequent space exploited when we gave the ball away. 

We have not beaten Wet Sham in 6 home games and not since the opening game of the season have we scored more than 1 goal in a prem game.  This is going to be a close tense tight game, so being secure at the back is essential.

Snoddy (or more optimistically Redmond) & RvW back we have this one.