Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Our Lethal Second Half Attacking Performance - A Stat

Goalie with soapy fingers, and a wonder freekick, 1 of 20 goes in, turned the game. Result much better than the performance.

But 2.half was much better, however, some luck turned the game for us

We needed the rub of the green and we got it second half, jaaskelainen screwed up and actually we were pretty fortunate with the pen. Having said that all credit to the lads for the going for it and achieving a must win. howson was my man of the match. Probably bought Hughton a few more weeks, lets see if we can get a run going now.....

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Before today Wet Sham had only conceded one goal in five away Premier League games - just saying....[/quote]

well done us - just replying........

[quote user="grefstad"]Goalie with soapy fingers, and a wonder freekick, 1 of 20 goes in, turned the game. Result much better than the performance.

But 2.half was much better, however, some luck turned the game for us[/quote]

Please explain how:1.) A goalie fumbling the ball under pressure and then giving up a penalty....2.) A wonderfully executed free-kick....3.) A great third goal from Fer....The lads took stock of themselves at half time and gave a darn good account of themselves in the second half which resulted in three goals.How does this have anything to do with luck?

Well it is about time we got a bit of luck then isn''t it grefsted - Cardiff probably considered themselves lucky to escape with a point, Villa lucky to escape with the win.

Away form remains the major problem for me though.

[quote user="grefstad"]Goalie with soapy fingers, and a wonder freekick, 1 of 20 goes in, turned the game. Result much better than the performance.

But 2.half was much better, however, some luck turned the game for us[/quote]whose luck was it that Howson''s cracking shot bounced off the bar rather than going in ?

I see some of where they are coming from Morty, but i for one am delighted with a win and 3 points and 3 goals, you cant beat that feeling :)))

Bemuses me as well Morty - there''s plenty of time to delve deeper into the game, extract parts, discuss and examine them but directly after a game, just bloody enjoy it.

I can even watch MOTD tonight! get in!