Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

The Good

Obviously, the real good part of today''s win was that, when things finally began to turn in our favor, the players reaction to each other showed there is still good feelings between them. That, more than anything IMO is essential to any hopes we have for an upturn to continue. Jonny Howson is demonstrating that he is up for the challenge at this level and that''s good to see.

The Bad

Following the hammering at Manchester City we all were looking for Norwich to come out all guns blazing, fighting for balls, pressing, determination to show the fans that this is a squad to be proud of. For almost an hour we didn''t get that. We needed Fer to be strong in midfield but, to the contrary, he was woeful ( at one point I wondered if he was recovering from a late night out ), there was no pressing on our part, we were carelessly giving the ball away and West Ham, realizing we were there for the taking, took the game to us in all departments. The body language of Hughton, Bowkett and McNally was pained during that period.

The Ugly

The obvious acting display on the part of Snodgrass in an attempt to get a West Ham player into serious trouble. Staying on the ground for that length of time holding his head when there was hardly any contact is cringeworthy and not becoming of any professional.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Yes it was GP. My memory is not so good on how close to the end it was.

[/quote]The way I saw it, and it wasn''t far from where I sit, is the guy stood on Snoddy.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

The way I saw it, and it wasn''t far from where I sit, is the guy stood on Snoddy.
[/quote]

Well, I bow to the view you had but I watched the replay three times and it''s not what I saw nor the match commentators who were appalled.

It looked legit at first but replay showed it was a con job. The announcers ripped him for wasting time trying to convince the ref.

Refs don''t make calls 30 seconds later based on bad acting.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]The way I saw it, and it wasn''t far from where I sit, is the guy stood on Snoddy.[/quote]

Well, I bow to the view you had but I watched the replay three times and it''s not what I saw nor the match commentators who were appalled.

[/quote]Nah fair enough, I only saw it once, and it did look like he was stood on.

Have you seen Snodgtass* nose?

Not having a pop but he has obviously been struck in the face and had his nose possibly broken. That hurts and cannot be classed as poor sportsmanship.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]The way I saw it, and it wasn''t far from where I sit, is the guy stood on Snoddy.[/quote]

The dirty rat.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

The dirty rat.....

[/quote][;)][:D]

[quote user="NWC"]Have you seen Snodgtass* nose? Not having a pop but he has obviously been struck in the face and had his nose possibly broken. That hurts and cannot be classed as poor sportsmanship.[/quote]

You are addressing a completely different incident NWC.

"You are addressing a completely different incident NWC"

Indeed, that was when he had to change his shirt. IMO the club should discipline Snodgrass for that act, it was a much worse case of lack of sportsmanship than the "goal" Fer scored against Cardiff...

Snodgrass''s attitude problem is something the club needs to get a grip on fast, IMHO. There''s been a string of incidents this season - this, arguing with teammates, demanding to take penalties/FKs whether or not he''s the best man for the job, lack of effort and commitment in several games. Not taking anything away from his performance in the second half yesterday which was excellent and proves he has the skills; but overall it''s worrying to see a player heading down this sort of road, it''s ruined careers in the past as well as hurting team spirit.