Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Now lay off Hughton.

He does deserve some of the criticism he gets. Some of the over reaction is bollox mind you.

To be fair, we''ve been on a terrible run since Christmas with an average of 1 win every 5 or so games and NOT ONCE have I heard a Hughton Out chant at a game.

Your comment about ludicrous overreaction is an overreaction in itself, the fans, by and large, have been very patient and that illustrates that I think most want to see Hughton succeed rather than get the bullet.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]To be fair, we''ve been on a terrible run since Christmas with an average of 1 win every 5 or so games and NOT ONCE have I heard a Hughton Out chant at a game.

Your comment about ludicrous overreaction is an overreaction in itself, the fans, by and large, have been very patient and that illustrates that I think most want to see Hughton succeed rather than get the bullet.[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly, I''ve never heard a Hughton out chant at a game but the reaction online is usually over the top, that leads me to 2 possible conclusions

1) Those that want Hughton out don''t actually fully believe it themselves

2) They do believe it and are cowards

Which one is it I wonder....

Perhaps the online reaction is unrepresentative of fans overall?

In my experience, unhappy people complain, happy people keep quiet.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Perhaps the online reaction is unrepresentative of fans overall?

In my experience, unhappy people complain, happy people keep quiet.[/quote]

Online reaction means nowt overall. majority are ex-pats kicking off at a 1fps internet stream and claiming they know the ins and outs of the squad or people not at the game posting derogatory doom filled opinions before the games even ended.

You have to dig pretty deep to find a genuine well thought out opinion

[quote user="Buh"]

I agree wholeheartedly, I''ve never heard a Hughton out chant at a game but the reaction online is usually over the top, that leads me to 2 possible conclusions

1) Those that want Hughton out don''t actually fully believe it themselves

2) They do believe it and are cowards

Which one is it I wonder....

[/quote]3) Those who shout the loudest for his head online don''t actually go to games?

I don''t mind the criticism of hughton.  I just don''t like the constant, unpleasant, abusive over reaction to the manager.

And Til - do you complain at the serial and at times abusive Hughton outers with who keep repeating their bile over and over, usually without any logic or reason, or is it just me you don''t like repeating  himself? 

No need to answer that.

And before any Hughton critic complains about this post, I am only talking about some of the idiotic overreacting critics rather than most fans who are understandably concerned about the situation.

The stats point out our problems.

We dont score enough, we concede to many.

He has done nothing to improve the team, the players on paper are better, yet we still struggle most games.

This win changes nothing. Just what has he done that inspires confidence from the fans ? NOTHING !!

It''s the vocal minority, I think you will find the vast majority are patient but frustrated with the situation but encouraged by yesterday.

As ever, sacking a manger is only half of the equation... You have to be able to get someone who can come in and actually do better, I think looking at the struggle palace are having to come up with any realistic options is testament to many city fans opinions do better the devil you know.