Sign in to follow this  
BigManInTheBarclay

20:00 train out of Norwich to Liverpool Street

Was anyone on coach D of this train last night?

Possibly the worst journey back to London I''ve had on a train.....most of the West Ham fans were having a few drinks and talking about the match, but a small group were singing anti-semetic songs about Tottenham with children and non-football passengers about!

Maybe police should start travelling on trains again to stop these idiots from ever getting to another game.

I know some will say ''yes, they''ve had a few drinks'', but this group were drinking vodka straight from the bottle and seemed to get through a few each by the end of the journey!!!

Transport Police do sometimes travel with the fans, at last years United home game I know they''d travelled all the way with them I think.

I''d got talking to the chief Copper when we went to Posh for the FA Cup game and he''d explained then the sort of work they''d been doing.

Quite surprised from what you''ve said thee weren''t any police on the train.

Quite agree about the antisemitic stuff and just the whole abusive nastiness when you''ve got families, kids, old folks and pretty much anybody else who really doesn''t want this type of thing in their face.

The United lot were singing about Hillsborough, really really unpleasant stuff and were goading the police, give them their due as they hauled one of the train and pretty much guaranteed him a Banning Order

I''m surprised there weren''t police on the train.

I went past the Compleat Angler before the game, and there were police swarming the area.

Last time we were in the premier league, we had some West Ham fans in our stand and they were truly awful. I would''ve been embarrassed to call myself a WH fan. They were removed, thankfully.

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]I''m surprised there weren''t police on the train.

I went past the Compleat Angler before the game, and there were police swarming the area.

Last time we were in the premier league,
we had some West Ham fans in our stand and they were truly awful. I would''ve been embarrassed to call myself a WH fan. They were removed, thankfully.[/quote]Does surprise me that there aren''t a few transport police on trains after this sort of match. With a 5.30 KO there was plenty of time for drinking before and after the match. Not so long ago there was always a police presence on trains but this rarely happens now except for local derbies.I did notice that there were plenty of police outside the Coach & Horses after the game which is unusual but then discovered that the Compleat Angler didn''t open post match. Had West Ham won or drawn I suspect they would''ve risked it but probably didn''t want to see their only just completed refurb being '' re-modelled '' by hordes of p*ssed off knuckle-draggers....

I''d anticipated this journey might be a nightmare so spent a bit extra on going first class! I think there were some police aboard as I spotted a few high vis vests. What caused the delay at Colchester?