Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Will someone answer my question ref Snodders please

Cheers JDT, shame that he didnt impress, as he can play central, wonder why he finds it tough on the left. I know he''s not the quickest, but could play early ball through with nice curve from the left giving the forward/s something to come on to. That would def suit RvW .

There is nothing wrong with playing Snodgrass on the right, he came 2nd in our player of the season awards last season and had more assists than any other one of our players.

In the assist + goal table he was the highest placed Norwich player. His lack of form at the start of this season was not related to his position on the pitch, and his form is beginning to improve.

The problem is when he plays Snodgrass on the right and Redmond on the left and both cut in, we aren''t Barcelona. When Pilkington is on the left there is no problem at all with Snodgrass on the right.

Stoke (A) last season. He was substituted on the 75th minute.
Some..interesting...statistics.
Number of passes: 27 (far less than average for him)
Passing accuracy: 59% (awful for anyone other than a keeper)
Crosses attempted: 7 (low for him)
Accurate crosses: 1 (low for him)
Yeah, doesn''t deem it worked too well...

Excellent, thanks lads(and lasses) , thats exactly the kind of info i was looking for. By the was PJF do you have any stats for when he has played central.

I also think he has had to adjust to not having Hoolahan in the team who always looked for him and Pilks to play them in to good positions. Ditto Holt winning free kicks around the box for him to deliver or indeed score from.

That''s not to say we necessarily need those two back but it is all about adjusting to different players around you. Hopefully he is starting to do that now.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Excellent, thanks lads(and lasses) , thats exactly the kind of info i was looking for. By the was PJF do you have any stats for when he has played central.[/quote]
I don''t think he has ever played in a central role in the premier league. I can only think of a couple of pre-season games from last season and the occasional Scotland match. 

I watched him play there in a friendly before last season and he was rubbish. He''s a right winger with a great left foot. His game isn''t getting to the byline and whipping in crosses it''s cutting inside to win free kicks, shoot or link up play in the penalty area. He''s probably more of a right midfielder than winger actually