Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

the 'play nathan redmond on the right wing' campaign

i dont care how its done, whether its carrier pigeon, kidnap, email or written on his car in spray paint, but someone needs to get a message to the manager to start redmond on the right wing, during the past few games (utd and west ham) he has shown how much more capable he is on that side (albeit for all of about 2 minutes), he absolutely skinned the left backs when he swapped sides and looked 100% more comfortable going past his man on the outside and whipping a ball into the box off his RIGHT foot. It was only for two or three short moments in those games but he looked 10x more deadly than what hes doing on the left, hooper, wolfie, elmander and even fer would thrive off this sort of service and its exactly what they arent getting right now because him and snodgrass are forced to cut inside onto their natural foot every damn time they attackour most successful teams have always had pacey wide men that can beat their man down the flank and put balls into the box, hes being wasted

Playin Redmond on right and Snodders on left would also allow these players to put in early curved ball for Striker/s. RvW would thrive on this kind of play, so would Hoops.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Snodgrass is being played on the Right for a reason.I''m not entirely sure whyBut there''s obviously a reason for it.[/quote]because he doesnt have the pace to beat a man on the outside down the left and deliver a cross, not in the premier league anyway.its typical hughton, the team is adapted to suit a weakness, instead of a strength.redmonds strength should take priority, and it will create more chances

i think snoddy could play in the hole or on the left, but either way, whether hes dropped or not redmond should be given his chance to start on the right

It does annoy me and explains why we fail to score so often. Wingers on the wrong foot nearly always cut back to play it on their ''favored'' foot, thus slowing down play and the crosses are always curling in towards the keeper (Villa match). maybe, confuse the defenders by playing 20mins, then swapping wings would help.

Thing is when he does play down the right his crossing is pretty poor. I think start him on the left so he can cut inside but allow for him and Snoddy to swap regularly keeping the defenders on their toes.

Even before he came to Norwich Snodgrass played his best football from the right. It''s his best position.

[quote user="king canary"]Thing is when he does play down the right his crossing is pretty poor. I think start him on the left so he can cut inside but allow for him and Snoddy to swap regularly keeping the defenders on their toes.[/quote]his crossing has been quite good from the right, a hell of a lot better than his left, in the few minutes he turned up out there against utd and west ham he put in two or three excellent crosses which were two or three more than he did from the left. His cross for snoddys header which left him in unconscious was superbhe put a couple of balls in after absolutely skinning west hams left back but there was no one on the end of them, i dont think the strikers have been used to getting that sort of service form the flanks because him and snodgrass ALWAYS cut insidehes our best winger, put him to use where hes more effective, we will get more goals from his service than we will from snoddy

iron_stan said"hes our best winger, put him to use where hes more effective, we will get more goals from his service than we will from snoddy"

Agree. And with Olsson on the left behind Snodgrass, you have (overlapping) pace on that side, with pace on the right with Redmond. You would arguably have the better actual defender behind him in Martin on the right as well, for the inevitable times Redmond will lose the ball. But they should definitely mix it up and swap during the game, regardless of where they start.

I did wonder whether Snodgrass might be part of a three with Howson and Fer (in Tettey''s absence), taking it in turns to sit. He''s reasonable on the ball and a lack of pace there isn''t so limiting.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Remember when Snodgrass won MOTM yesterday for being absolutely brilliantWhat position was he playing?can''t remember [/quote]

He wasn''t MOTM... Hooper was given it, Howson deserved it. Or one of the CBs. Snodgrass yet again was mostly huff and puff, but was more dangerous than he has been. Then scored a decent FK for once (both I remember last season were deflected in).

this isnt an anti snoddy thing (despite him being poor up until yesterdays game), its more about being pro redmond,  the team would have a lot of a lot more balance by playing to his strengths and having him on his favored foot

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Remember when Snodgrass won MOTM yesterday for being absolutely brilliantWhat position was he playing?can''t remember [/quote]

He wasn''t MOTM... Hooper was given it, Howson deserved it. Or one of the CBs. Snodgrass yet again was mostly huff and puff, but was more dangerous than he has been. Then scored a decent FK for once (both I remember last season were deflected in).[/quote]What? Do they not count as goals if they are deflected? Yesterdays freekick was brilliant not ''decent.''

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Remember when Snodgrass won MOTM yesterday for being absolutely brilliantWhat position was he playing?can''t remember [/quote]

He wasn''t MOTM... Hooper was given it, Howson deserved it. Or one of the CBs. Snodgrass yet again was mostly huff and puff, but was more dangerous than he has been. Then scored a decent FK for once (both I remember last season were deflected in).[/quote]What? Do they not count as goals if they are deflected? Yesterdays freekick was brilliant not ''decent.''[/quote]

Didn''t say they don''t count. Just fed up seeing people go on about his set pieces like he''s Beckham. When in fact they are mostly pretty poor.

If you play Redmond on the right you take one key asset from his game (cutting inside and shooting). Has led to some very good efforts and the winner v Southampton

We have a midfield who are capable of shooting from distance which has been shown with the winners v Southampton & Stoke catching keepers out. Howson was very unlucky not to get the second just before the free kick from Snodgrass.

The one area that we need to work on with Redmond is his strength and defensive work on the road against the top clubs, he is showing signs of being one of if not the bargain of the season

[img]http://gonnagan.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/facepalm.jpg[/img]cutting inside is really not his key asset, the reason he cuts inside is because he is right footed and its much stronger than his left, he has no choice when hes played on the left. His main asset is his PACE, which he has in abundance, hughton is playing him out of position in order to accommodate snodgrass, redmond is a better right winger and will create more chances playing on the right, beating his man, and crossing the ball for out 14 million pound strike force to feed offi swear some people dont watch football matches

Or maybe they do and come to a different conclusion to you Stan.

What I''d like to see is a block booking for all of us at specsavers. That''d sort it out![8-|]

As I put on the other thread, if we are playing two up front Redmond MUST be on the right. We need the width, we need his pace, we need earlier balls put in behind the defence.

If we play two up front there will be four behind them, Why Snodgrass cannot play on the left in a four (as Pilkington seems to be injured too often) is beyond me. It is a team game and that, surely would help the team, giving it far better balance.

I would also agree that the wingers could change wings occasionally. Why make the full backs job easy for him?

If we play one up top it''s a different story. The inverted wingers are probably needed and Snodgrass could then play on the right.

Oh, and incidentally, Snodgrass scored a very good free kick yesterday, But, he also missed a very good chance from 6 yards, had a very poor first half, and was nowhere as good as Howson who should have been given the MOM.