Sign in to follow this  
StaffordCanary

More life in defence with Bennett!

Well done Norwich! Finally got going in the 2nd half. Impressed with Ryan Bennett he was my man of the match. In the 1st half we were too deep as usual. The defence certainly started to push up higher in the 2nd half and that definately helped and we manged to press West Hams midfield and win more of the ball.

OTBC!!

Agreed. He should never have lost his place. Thought it was poor management when he did but then Bassong has been the main man before.

Bennett seems to have a better understanding with Turner and he''s also got a bit of pace to sweep around at the back when required. Bassong needs to get his fitness back and fight for his place and win in back on merit.

He''s a better distributor of the ball than he is given credit for.I''d be extremely disappointed if he was dropped in favour of Bassong next week.

Bennett is solid, and much better in breaking infront of the forward than Bassong is.

Bassong is a bit too laidback, almost careless at times, and Bennett now has the shirt to lose, also against better teams than West Ham

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Thought he was poor and lucky to not give away a penalty when needlessly chopping down an offside West Ham player early in the game.

[/quote]

Wasn''t that Turner?

I''ve been impressed with him each time he''s been out this season. He works well with Turner (who also had a good game today). I like Bassong, but he has had a horrible start this year. Pressure of captaincy?

I thought Bennett had a decent game today but he''s one of those players where a little bit goes a long way with some fans. West Ham''s lack of recognised strikers meant that he didn''t really have anyone too threatening to deal with.

He generally did his job well apart from a couple of errors that put us under pressure. Not sure where people see this pace and mobility that''s been mentioned above. He offers no more in that area than Turner or Bassong.

Can''t say he''d be my MOTM either. Jonny Howson was a long way ahead of him for that.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Thought he was poor and lucky to not give away a penalty when needlessly chopping down an offside West Ham player early in the game.

[/quote]

This, Turner and Bennet are not premier league material

[quote user="barclay_boy111"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote] This, Turner and Bennet are not premier league material[/quote]

Turner has played in the Premier League for the last 5 years. He was Players'' Player of the Season last season.

To say he''s not Premier League material is utter, utter nonsense.

I really like Bennett . But I dont think Bassong is fit? Do you? He doesn''t get anywhere near our dead balls now, last year he won lots? Thats a real measure of explosive pace, getting clear of your marker but he now just stands.

I''d go for Bennett and  a fit Bassong .

[quote user="barclay_boy111"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote]

This, Turner and Bennet are not premier league material[/quote]

disagree personally but hey

+1 for Bassong not being fit.

Don''t know if his operation wasn''t as successful as hoped or if he''s just suffering from missing pre-season, but he seems to be a fair way off full fitness.

Graham Paddon''s Beard wrote the following post at 09/11/2013 11:08 PM:

I really like Bennett . But I dont think Bassong is fit? Do you? He doesn''t get anywhere near our dead balls now, last year he won lots? Thats a real measure of explosive pace, getting clear of your marker but he now just stands.

I''d go for Bennett and a fit Bassong .

Agree with that Graham, I don''t think he has fully recovered from the operation he had over the summer. When he is at his best and fully fit he would always start for me.

Bennett was excellent yesterday, he has a very cool head for a young centre half and looks to be more composed on the ball than anyone else we have in that position. Needs to make sure he has a good understanding with Ruddy, communication looked a bit dodgy a couple of times yesterday. Very encouraging performance.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="barclay_boy111"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote] This, Turner and Bennet are not premier league material[/quote]

Turner has played in the Premier League for the last 5 years. He was Players'' Player of the Season last season.

To say he''s not Premier League material is utter, utter nonsense.

[/quote]

Regardless how many seasons he''s been in a premier league team he still isn''t good enough. Just watch him he''s clueless looses his man far to often, constantly grabs players and tackles then to the ground, 50p foot, 50p head the lost goes

On

Bennett was solid yesterday, a couple of dodgy passes around our 18yd box which put us under needless pressure, but other than he just went about his job. How son defo mom for me, did he get given it on Sky?

I thought Bennett played well. Yes he is prone to odd mistakes but i think this is down to just playing odd games. If he got a run in the team i think you would see him mature quickly.

I like turner, but agree he does grab at players a lot which is dangerous in the PL. he is imho a mid table PL player and thats what we currently aspire to being so a good fit for us at the moment.

Re. Bassong agree hes been poor this season and I would have dropped him a while ago. He is always going to come straight back into the team as hes captain so for me hoots has a call to make between turner and Bennett.

Its a tough one, assuming bassong finds his form then i would probably pair him with Bennett personally.