Sign in to follow this  
Dr Zeuss

Fans who left their seats when wet spam scored

Can those of you in the upper Barclay, the Snakepit and the City stand, or anyone else tell me, did you leave the ground and go home (and if so why?) or were you all struck down with a bout of diarrhoea after eating some dodgy pre match morsel?

Barring sickness of body or mind its difficult to figure out why such an exodus from seats valued at £45 should occur. I half expected a couple of fans to run down the touch line and throw season tickets at the City dugout at that point.

Those who stuck it out now know that 90 minutes means just that.

Disappointed that some in the lower Barclay around me left, not many but a few... It''s your money to throw away, but considering some of the actual dark days we have had in recent years it''s all a touch too melodramatic If you ask me. Get behind the team, even if you rant behind the manager.

Why do you think they went ''home''? As far as I''m aware there are bars / refhresment kiosks in all areas of the ground that you mention, that are open right through to the beginning of the second half.Did they miss anything?

Makes me sick! I lost my job a while ago through no fault of my own so can''t afford a season ticket or to even see a game live anymore. I''d kill to be able to get to Carrow Road and these complete ****** leave 45 mins in. Disgraceful!

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"] I''d kill to be able to get to Carrow Road[/quote]

Now I think maybe we could do business my man. I''ll give you the names of a few season ticket holders who wouldn''t be missed and I''ll leave the rest to you[Y]

I sit in the Barclay Upper, and 20+ people seated around me immediately left their seats after the Wet Spam goal, I could see others doing the same in other areas nearby.

I think they just went down for an early pasty, as I did not notice those seats empty after half time.

Cannot understand it myself.... I''m always determined to sit it out, and try to muster some support in those bad moments.

Never, ever, leave a game early..... Ive seen too many last minute goals, and controversial incidents to do that.

Just ask those Man City Fans who left early when they thought they had lost the title to Man U, they missed they best finish to a premier league season ever, some of them waited decades for that moment.....what numpties.

Cowards, the lot of them. Wonder if they run so quick from everything else in their lives?

There were a couple around me in the lower Barclay, that said something along the lines of "I''m going, I''ve had enough of this sh!t" as they walked off. Ridiculous in my opinion, but obviously their choice.

[quote user="Buh"]Cowards, the lot of them. Wonder if they run so quick from everything else in their lives?[/quote]

Maybe they were bloody freezing and went to watch the rest of the game in the bar.............or were ill.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Buh"]Cowards, the lot of them. Wonder if they run so quick from everything else in their lives?[/quote]

Maybe they were bloody freezing and went to watch the rest of the game in the bar.............or were ill.

[/quote]Lol.Did you leave your telly early, in disgust?

Funniest ''early departure'' of the season so far,was Watford. There was a mass exodus 10-15mins before the end. They must have heard the cheer for our goal. Then,suddenly the away end was full again.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Lol.

Did you leave your telly early, in disgust?
[/quote]

No.............not at the prices Sky charge![IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Tongue/making-fun-054.GIF[/IMG]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Ah, that''ll be why you stream games then Wiz![/quote]

I have Sky too now, thanks to my generous wife.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Ah, that''ll be why you stream games then Wiz![/quote]

[/quote]Do you know you can get BT Sports free if you have broadband from them?

I''d had a bit more to drink than usual due to the late kick-off and was actually answering a call of nature when West Ham scored. I was nearly crushed in a stampede of people heading towards the bar as I tried to get back to my seat. It was pretty sparse in E block of the Barclay for the last 5 minutes or so of the first half, but I don''t think anyone left as it filled up again 2nd half.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Do you know you can get BT Sports free if you have broadband from them?
[/quote]

I use Plusnet and they''re brilliant imo , so can''t see me switching..

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

I''d had a bit more to drink than usual due to the late kick-off and was actually answering a call of nature when West Ham scored. I was nearly crushed in a stampede of people heading towards the bar as I tried to get back to my seat. It was pretty sparse in E block of the Barclay for the last 5 minutes or so of the first half, but I don''t think anyone left as it filled up again 2nd half.

[/quote]

I''m with Mr B on this. A mixture of a) age, b) two lagers more than usual and c) a drop in temperature saw me visit the loo in the Upper Barclay more than usual. In fact, I left for another visit just after we scored the pen. So I guess that makes me a Binner.