Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Snodgrass on the Right?

Didn''t you see yesterday, Snoddy and Redmond swapped wings at beginning of second half. I couldn''t believe my eyes. Another sign that Hughton is finally allowing more freedom? Or the players rebelling. Whatever, I would hope it was because Hughton realised Snoddy was a liability defending yesterday and needed to ensure he focussed on attack instead - which was what happened. Be it left or right - be more positive Snoddy and please whip the ball in early every now and then.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Didn''t you see yesterday, Snoddy and Redmond swapped wings at beginning of second half. I couldn''t believe my eyes. Another sign that Hughton is finally allowing more freedom? Or the players rebelling. Whatever, I would hope it was because Hughton realised Snoddy was a liability defending yesterday and needed to ensure he focussed on attack instead - which was what happened. Be it left or right - be more positive Snoddy and please whip the ball in early every now and then.[/quote]As far as I''m aware the wingers swapping sides is a relatively common tactic employed by Hughton over the past season and a half. Worked at it''s best when we had Holt, Pilks and Snodgrass who could all play anywhere across the front three as with the WBA game last year. Just a shame our expensive replacements for Holt don''t seem to have the positional sense and ability to do the same thing (or the ability to hold the ball up shoot or create chances for others).

I also saw Elmander and Hooper changing roles during the game. I also saw Hooper realising we were short at right back and covering. The interchanging will improve as we get a more settled side. The injury situation has been a big problem for our front players.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]

Just a shame our expensive replacements for Holt don''t seem to have the positional sense and ability to do the same thing

[/quote]

I will have a pint of whatever you have been on.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Didn''t you see yesterday, Snoddy and Redmond swapped wings at beginning of second half. .[/quote]they swapped for about 8 minutes later on in the game when we were winning

Snodgrass on the right?

No, Snodgrass should be on the bench, we need a much more productive player on the right. Yes, I know he scored that free kick, but IMO we''d be better off as a team with Redmond in that position.

If anyone is interested the BBC team of the week has Snodders on the left!!!! do they watch us at all or just sprew this stuff out. ??