Sign in to follow this  
pete

Redmond teamplayer?

Nathan Redmond certainly an excellent player but will he ever pass to a teammate in a better position.

i was thinking that yesterday during the game, and he really does have to be in a blind alley before he even gives it a thought.. however i was crying out for him to come on yesterday even before he did cos our passing was so bad we needed somebody just to take it up the other end of the pitch [:D]

we have been wanting a selfish forward player for a while IMO. Redmond is constantly looking for goal, and while he can get around defenders and have very very decent shots I''m okay with it.

To be recognised as a affective wide player a big part of his game is going to be about how many assists he makes. I''m hopefully it''ll come as his game develops, he''s without doubt a talent.

At least he usually works the keeper which you can''t say about others who always have a pop, namely Johnson and tettey.

His selfishness earned us three points against a very good soton side remember.

He has started to look a bit one dimensional on that left hand side. I''d like to see what he can do through the middle like somebody above said, although I think Pilkington would be the best of our wingers in the middle due to having two feet.

[quote user="Le Juge"]He has started to look a bit one dimensional on that left hand side. I''d like to see what he can do through the middle like somebody above said, although I think Pilkington would be the best of our wingers in the middle due to having two feet.[/quote]How many feet have the other wingers got then?[;)]