Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

How many points from the next 3 games would satisfy us fans?

Newcastle away

Palace home ( with new manager)

Liverpool away

Although delighted with the final score yesterday the next 3 games I think are very big indeed. In my opinion we are not going to be guaranteed 3 points against palace especially with their new manager they will have in place.

I think we may end up with 3 from 9. We will beat palace although it won''t be easy.

Anyone else think different? 2 weeks wait for next game....

Anything less than 10 points should be regarded as a disappointment..;-)

4 points would be a decent return, more than that would be brilliant.

It really doesn''t get any easier this division does it.

3 = ok

4-6= good to very good

7-9= extremely good and I will make a mess.

3 points is a minimum. But that will only keep us ticking over on the edge of the relegation scrap. we need to start putting a run of results together. So at least 4 and 6 would be a very nice bonus.

If we play as well as we have a few times this season, it is entirely possible to beat Newcastle. Palace should be a walk in the park. Liverpool...well, i don''t expect a win there.

6 points.

3 points should be satisfactory, has anyone actually watched Newcastle recently? beating both Chelsea and Spurs?

4 points would be fantastic

5 points would be extraordinary

6 would be brilliant

7 is unlikely

9 is the sign of the apocalypse

I''m expecting a draw at Newcastle, a win at palace and a heavy loss at Liverpool (as usual).

So 4 points. I would be content with that.

No reason we can''t get 5-7 points if the players show their true colors.

I think that idiotic penalty WH gave us can be what not only changed the game but could very eell change the season. Hoopers joy was contagious and suddenly we looked like world beaters, full of beans, tails in the air.

Unlike commenters here, I bet the players are saying, "bring on Liverpool". Confidence makes such a difference, and we''ve finally got it.

I hope CH can keep that feeling going over the break.

I expect three

I hope for four

I''d be thrilled with any more

But it is the following four matches - WBA, Swansea, Sunderland and Fulham - that will be more important. I think 7 or 8 points from those four will be needed

That''ll probably work out as follows:

0 points = Hughton''s fault, sack him

1 point = Hughton''s fault, sack him

2 points = Disappointing, Hughton''s fault, sack him

3 points = Underperforming due to negative tactics, Hughton''s fault, sack him

4 points = Should have won/drawn the game we lost, Hughton''s fault, sack him

5 points = Should have pushed harder in the two drawn games, Hughton''s fault, sack him

6 points = Team were complacent after victories, Hughton''s fault, sack him

7 points = Team mutiny, not playing for the manager, he''s a lame duck, sack him

9 points = Team mutiny, Liverpool on the beach, Palace in turmoil, Newcastle hopeless, we were lucky, should have lost, Liverpool should have had six penalties, Suarez was too sporting in not diving when Turner kicked him up the arse, Bennett''s a liability, we only had three shots on target across the three games, Hughton had his hands in his pockets on the sidelines, I have toothache, I have a bad back, taxes have gone up, my house sale fell through, the dog ate my homework.  Sack Hughton.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

That''ll probably work out as follows:

0 points = Hughton''s fault, sack him

1 point = Hughton''s fault, sack him

2 points = Disappointing, Hughton''s fault, sack him

3 points = Underperforming due to negative tactics, Hughton''s fault, sack him

4 points = Should have won/drawn the game we lost, Hughton''s fault, sack him

5 points = Should have pushed harder in the two drawn games, Hughton''s fault, sack him

6 points = Team were complacent after victories, Hughton''s fault, sack him

7 points = Team mutiny, not playing for the manager, he''s a lame duck, sack him

9 points = Team mutiny, Liverpool on the beach, Palace in turmoil, Newcastle hopeless, we were lucky, should have lost, Liverpool should have had six penalties, Suarez was too sporting in not diving when Turner kicked him up the arse, Bennett''s a liability, we only had three shots on target across the three games, Hughton had his hands in his pockets on the sidelines, I have toothache, I have a bad back, taxes have gone up, my house sale fell through, the dog ate my homework.  Sack Hughton.

[/quote][:D]

I''d be worried if some fans suddenly turn on Hughton again if things don''t go well over the next month. We can''t carry on being so woeful and then play much better it''s not good for the heart. Also we need a good run sooner rather than later. Haven''t we got a horrific end to the season fixture wise?!

Why bother play the Liverpool game? The loser mentality on this thread is embarrassing.

The players have their mojo back and you wet rags expect to be thrashed at Liverpool. We got a point there 2 years ago. Other than added time, we didn''t play for the draw.

We gotta ride this wave while it lasts, not accept defeat before kickoff like we did at Spurs and Manc.

4, but I doubt we''ll get that.

Newcastle have started to pick up form and at st''James''s park we''d have done extremely well to get a point

Palace looks winnable at home but they''re one of our bogey teams and will have a new manager by then so I can''t predict this

Liverpool and Suarez always seem to tear us a new ***hole especially at Anfield. A draw here would be one of our best results since returning to the top flight especially with the form they''re in.

My head says 2 points but we really need 4