Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Snodgrass in bbc team of the week

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="NCFCgardener"]Team of the week, is that a joke. He was terrible for 88 mins of the game, he scored a wonderful goal, no doubting that at all, but his performance was well below par. He was shocking for the WH goal and showed absolutely no desire or will to work hard for the team. Just stood back and watched it all happen![/quote]I agree 100% with this.I am also still very concerned with our whole situation and can''t believe how happy so many seem with the performance on Saturday. The result was great, the second half was better than the first but really WH could have been out of sight by half time and capitulated when we got the (very questionable) penalty.[/quote]

I''m in full agreement with this YS. I''ve read a pretty wide range of the various threads on here since Saturday, and to be frank, I''m absolutely astounded how a small number of the usual happy clapper suspects seem to be convinced that suddenly everything is OK. Of course, we''re all extremely pleased about the final outcome v WHU, but to suggest that we''re out of the woods on the basis of those 45 mins.....well, it''s a phrase I''ve used before, and I make no apology for using it again, but they must be very easily satisfied. Against a less limited team than West Ham (and I''m not talking Arsenal, Manyoo or Citeh/Chelsea) we''d have been dead and buried by half time.

Sure there were some very positive signs, and some productive performances from many of the players mentioned in this thread , but, hey, lets not go overboard about this.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Ha!! brilliant...

If we''d have been playing someone different we''d have lost...

Textbook.[/quote]

So Warren. You think that if we''d been up against Spurs or Everton (or even Southampton on current evidence), let alone the ones I mentioned, during the first half on Sat, we''d have only gone in one down , playing as we did ?

Please do me a favour.......

Sorry, Warren. WHAT''S the point.?

I think that you are in fact missing my point.

Of course I realise that you can only beat what''s put in front of you, and we''re all pleased we did,

But the wider point I was making was that some people seem to think that everything is OK now and we are 100% certain back on track. All I was saying was that the overall performance over 90 mins had some glaring shortcomings, such that would be punished by better teams than WHU, so let''s not go running away with the idea that all is now sorted.

In fairness, I think it''s only a very small number of people, but perhaps a little perspective is needed ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Sorry, Warren. WHAT''S the point.?

Of course I realise that you can only beat what''s put in front of you, and we''re all pleased we did,

But the wider point I was making was that some people seem to think that everything is OK now and we are 100% certain back on track. All I was saying was that the overall performance over 90 mins had some glaring shortcomings, such that would be punished by better teams than WHU, so let''s not go running away with the idea that all is now sorted.

In fairness, I think it''s only a very small number of people, but perhaps a little perspective is needed ?[/quote]Who has actually said that everything is okay and we are 100% back on track?

Well done, you''ve worked it out. You can only beat what''s in front of you. Suggesting anything else is just speculation.

I don''t think anyone is suddenly thinking "Oh, we won a game, we''re safe!!" But thinking that is no more ridiculous than the thinking that we were doomed after taking a tonking off Man City.

I still think we''re three points shy of where we should be. I think we should have beaten Cardiff and got a point against Villa (based on performance), we could have picked up some others but not everything goes your way unless you''re Chelsea. With those three points we''d be midtable and I reckon that would be a fair return so far.

What we do have is an average of a point per game and, like it or not, there is a fair chance that would be enough come May. It wouldn''t be pretty but....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Sorry, Warren. WHAT''S the point.?

In fairness, I think it''s only a very small number of people, but perhaps a little perspective is needed ?[/quote]Who has actually said that everything is okay and we are 100% back on track?[/quote]

Not familiar with the concept of paraphrasing, Morty ?!

Of course no one has uttered those EXACT words, but only today,(I think it was in the Superb Judgement By the Board thread), someone said we are now "comfortably clear of the relegation places.". There have been other examples.

As I say, it''s a relatively small number (and for the record, just in case you were feeling persecuted, I do not include your good self in them !), but I ''m simply saying that perhaps they need a dose of realism.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Sorry, Warren. WHAT''S the point.?

In fairness, I think it''s only a very small number of people, but perhaps a little perspective is needed ?[/quote]Who has actually said that everything is okay and we are 100% back on track?[/quote]

Not familiar with the concept of paraphrasing, Morty ?!

Of course no one has uttered those EXACT words, but only today,(I think it was in the Superb Judgement By the Board thread), someone said we are now "comfortably clear of the relegation places.". There have been other examples.

As I say, it''s a relatively small number (and for the record, just in case you were feeling persecuted, I do not include your good self in them !), but I ''m simply saying that perhaps they need a dose of realism.[/quote]To be honest, the only things I have seen that come close to what you''re talking about, have been fairly obviously tongue in cheek, and more likely to be said with the intention of a wee bit of winding up.

Back to the subject......I was surprised to see Snodgrass in the team of the week or some even suggesting he was MOM. Now, I am a fan of his, rate him highly, but he like most of the team on Saturday he played at best average in the first half where nerves really took over. That said, I actually thought West Ham played very well first half. He has certainly been having a tough time, but I am one of those who really believe that even down on form he is an asset with his usual high energy, but didnt see much of that particularly in terms of tracking back in the first half, a first half in which Fer really couldnt get his game together either. The second half was different gravy of course and he then started to have an impact on the game, as did Fer and a few others, it was a very decent second half in which we looked a hard quicker than in the first and the nerves just about went once we scored that Penalty. Howson was my MOM by a country mile OTBC   

Oh, forgot to mention......Snodgrass really does need to cut out the play acting, its actually a bit embarrasing.....still rate him though!

i wondered what the heck he was doing first half ? the norfolk cafu was 2 against 1 countless times whilst snoddy ambled back from somewhere in the middle at his own leisure... i couldn''t work out where he was supposed to be playing... ok he wasn''t the only one having a weston super but he was the most noticable