Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Snodgrass in bbc team of the week

Great to see that snodgrass made it in to the team of the week.

Still think Howson was m.o.m yesterday but Snodgrass also ran his socks off and his free kick was absolutely brilliant.

Great response to all of those giving him unnecessary abuse on here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24892583

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Had Snodgrass, Hooper and Howson on a shortlist for MOM and I couldn''t call one.

[/quote]Not Fer?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I didn''t have him on the shortlist but he played well as did Elmander....

I s''pose you think that''s not fer....

[;)]

[/quote]I see what you did there[;)]It was one of those games (or halfs if you want to be picky) where its hard to point to anyone who had a bad game.I like it when that happens[:)]

Oh come on!!!

It isn''t hard to pick fault, this board is testament to that.

3-1 win? Pah, you''re just propping the sky up with lollipop sticks...

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Oh come on!!!

It isn''t hard to pick fault, this board is testament to that.

3-1 win? Pah, you''re just propping the sky up with lollipop sticks...[/quote]I don''t like Snoddy''s beard[:(]

I''m glad that Snodgrass scored that free-kick. Him missing the penalty and then being told that he wasn''t the No.1 (or 2) penalty taker could have dented his confidence a bit.

Morty, it is ''No Shave November'', the real mans alternative to Movember.

http://www.noshember.com/pages/rules.php

For me MoM was Howson, but close it was.

Fer had a bit of a mare at times in the first half, giving the ball away, one classic pass across the top of our box straight to their player, made me wince.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Had Snodgrass, Hooper and Howson on a shortlist for MOM and I couldn''t call one.

[/quote]Not Fer?

[/quote]I thought Fer had one of his worst games for us to be fair...I''d have gone with Howson personally, must be a front runner for POTS.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Love snoddy. Excellent player who never hides and always tries.

The stick he has been getting has been out of order[/quote]

Actually most of it wasn''t.

Some people went over the top, as some always do. But before Saturday he hadn''t scored or set up a goal. And he''s our main outlet. We attack more down the right than we do centre and left. He''d had 15 shots, against Villa Snoddy to Guzan was a higher pass rate than any villa combination. Before Cardfif I hadn''t seen him put in a single half decent set piece.

But God forbid anyone dare criticise Snodgrass, he does try....

Theres a certain irony in that post GP, considering how much you champion Bradley Johnson, however bad he plays.Could it just be differing opinions?[;)]

Actually I don''t Morty.

He''s my favourite player. But I said he deserved to be dropped and hasn''t been at his best this season. But you and a couple others have ignored that (you may have not seen it, but I''ve said it multiple times on here).

Were people really happy with Snodgrass'' performances this season? Heis only positive stat was he''d won quite a few FKs, but then he was taking them and giving the ball straight back to the opposition. I''m not making stats up or bending then, against Villa he crossed the ball to Guzan a lot. 15 shots without a goal before Saturday. No assists. Against Arsenal we''d attacked down the right over 50% of the time! and I imagine it''s similar in most games.

Hopefully now he''s got that goal he''ll get back to himself, but I don''t know what else he did on Saturday to deserve MOTM, apart from lots of running around which is great, but Elmander does that and I''ve seen at leat a dozen people call him awful.

That makes it even worse for me CUSDP.

He''s joint third most creative and still didn''t score or set up a goal until this weekend...

Of course some of the blame can be given to the forwards, but from my memory, RVW, hooper and Elmander only really have missed about 4/5 good chances between then. Meaning a large number of those balls from Snodgrass just aren''t good enough. The number of crosses against Villa dn Cardiff in particular he delayed and delayed just meant no one was going to score from them.

a bit of a strange one because he was dreadful in the first half. west ham were far more dangerous down our right and rat was having snoddy for breakfast.

much improved in the second, and the free kick was great, but odd to get in TOW based off a good 45mins.

fer had his worst game for us in the first but started to dominate in the second. it really was a game of two halves.

i might have given MOM to howson but it''s a tough one to call

Team of the week, is that a joke. He was terrible for 88 mins of the game, he scored a wonderful goal, no doubting that at all, but his performance was well below par. He was shocking for the WH goal and showed absolutely no desire or will to work hard for the team. Just stood back and watched it all happen!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]That makes it even worse for me CUSDP.

He''s joint third most creative and still didn''t score or set up a goal until this weekend...

Of course some of the blame can be given to the forwards, but from my memory, RVW, hooper and Elmander only really have missed about 4/5 good chances between then. Meaning a large number of those balls from Snodgrass just aren''t good enough. The number of crosses against Villa dn Cardiff in particular he delayed and delayed just meant no one was going to score from them.[/quote]Or could it be that V. Wolfswinkel/Hooper/the other midfirlders weren''t making the right movement to make a cross possible?

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Gingerpele"]That makes it even worse for me CUSDP. He''s joint third most creative and still didn''t score or set up a goal until this weekend... Of course some of the blame can be given to the forwards, but from my memory, RVW, hooper and Elmander only really have missed about 4/5 good chances between then. Meaning a large number of those balls from Snodgrass just aren''t good enough. The number of crosses against Villa dn Cardiff in particular he delayed and delayed just meant no one was going to score from them.[/quote]

Or could it be that V. Wolfswinkel/Hooper/the other midfirlders weren''t making the right movement to make a cross possible?
[/quote]

or they were making the movement and snoddys crossing was inaccurate?   His cross completion rate is poor and he was off form;   he is returning to form and will soon be back at his best.   When not performing to best having a rest (as with bassong) applies to all players but does not mean the fans think they should be sold. 

Which I think is all that most have said.

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Gingerpele"]That makes it even worse for me CUSDP. He''s joint third most creative and still didn''t score or set up a goal until this weekend... Of course some of the blame can be given to the forwards, but from my memory, RVW, hooper and Elmander only really have missed about 4/5 good chances between then. Meaning a large number of those balls from Snodgrass just aren''t good enough. The number of crosses against Villa dn Cardiff in particular he delayed and delayed just meant no one was going to score from them.[/quote]

Or could it be that V. Wolfswinkel/Hooper/the other midfirlders weren''t making the right movement to make a cross possible?
[/quote]

or they were making the movement and snoddys crossing was inaccurate?   His cross completion rate is poor and he was off form;   he is returning to form and will soon be back at his best.   When not performing to best having a rest (as with bassong) applies to all players but does not mean the fans think they should be sold. 

Which I think is all that most have said.

On the basis that it''s man of the MATCH , and a match is 90 mins, I''ve got to plump for Howson. He was easily the best in a yellow shirt in what was a dreadful first half, where Fer, Snoddy and Hooper were pretty anonymous in all honesty.

If CH can get the best formation to include Fer and Howson, then I think those two could just end up being his salvation.

Critism of his dip in form has been a ott (comments about him after he was knocked out against Man U along the line of "good" were sickening) and while he has deserved his critics for elements of his play it is simply inevitable that a player with his drive, passion and personality on the pitch will regain form.

He is a more important player for us than is given credit, he sets high standards and expects the same from his teammates.

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Team of the week, is that a joke. He was terrible for 88 mins of the game, he scored a wonderful goal, no doubting that at all, but his performance was well below par. He was shocking for the WH goal and showed absolutely no desire or will to work hard for the team. Just stood back and watched it all happen![/quote]I agree 100% with this.I am also still very concerned with our whole situation and can''t believe how happy so many seem with the performance on Saturday. The result was great, the second half was better than the first but really WH could have been out of sight by half time and capitulated when we got the (very questionable) penalty.

I wonder why Crooks has him playing on the left?…

Noticed that too Surfer but cant argue with Lallana on the right either.

[quote user="Buh"]Critism of his dip in form has been a ott (comments about him after he was knocked out against Man U along the line of "good" were sickening) and while he has deserved his critics for elements of his play it is simply inevitable that a player with his drive, passion and personality on the pitch will regain form.

He is a more important player for us than is given credit, he sets high standards and expects the same from his teammates.[/quote]

Only a select few have been ott. And there were a very small amount of (despicable) comments after his injury against Man.U, but there were hardly any and some people have used a tiny proportion of stupid fans comments to back up this argument people have been harsh on Snoddy.

And yes, was inevitable he would regain form. But playing him every game, not dropping him, not even taking him off when his crossing was worse than Mark Rivers on a bad day was just poor management from Hughton. Even after Snoddy went and scored for Scotland he didn''t really pick up properly here.

I lay half the blame on Hughton, you simply can''t persist with a player who is supposed to be your main attacking threat/outlet when he isn''t providing goals.

And yes the strikers can take some of the blame for poor movement, but even when there are players in good positions Snoddy hasn''t been finding them. He either delays the cross and(/or) crosses to the wrong area in the box.

We, and particularly Snoddy have a fantastic tendency to cross to the wrong area of the box, if someone is near post, the cross loops over to the back post, if someone is far side of the box, the cross is shot to the near post. If someone is in the middle the cross is 1/2 a yard from where the GK is standing. With much of the crossing we''ve had this season, we could have had Crouch, Zigic and Jan Koller in the box and we still wouldn''t have scored any.