Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

What will it take to get Becchio on the pitch?

[quote user="First Wizard"]What will it take?..........a new club and manager imo.[/quote]

Yeah, in the Championship.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]What will it take?..........a new club and manager imo.[/quote] Yeah, in the Championship.[/quote]

If he''s only that standand...........why did Hughton bring him to City?[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]What will it take?..........a new club and manager imo.[/quote] Yeah, in the Championship.[/quote]

[/quote]

One might say he incompetently misjudged the ability of Becchio. I say becchio is a top championship player who will probably never consistently be able to compete in the premiership but certainly good enough to raise his game on occasions and have a positive impact.

How the hell can it be judged that he''s a top championship player(i''m not saying you''re wrong) but not good enough for mid table premIge if he doesnt get to play in prem lge.kin hell, hoops was a top striker in scotland ffs, and that doesnt tell us much....and he''s getting game time.

[/quote]

Oh no, i''m not saying that. But he''s hardly going to get another prem club when he''s been with us and not played, is he?

I think he should get a chance. Off the bench. Every now and again. Create some competition. Our strikers haven''t been top drawer so why not mix it up.

BUT he might not be Prem class. I reckon he probably isn''t. But i don''t think Kamara is either - yet he had a useful impact at times.

Either way, yes it''s a bad signing by Hughton - if that''s what you''re looking for. Because we''ve got a striker who in our managers eyes isn''t good enough. But on balance, he''s certainly made more good signings than he has bad

[/quote]

probably for the same reason we bought a certain Jamie Cureton back... the manager felt he could fit into a system, he couldnt.. he moved on.

We got becchio in to get Morison out.  Simple.If he was any good he would get game time.But don''t let that stop the Hughton vendetta.[quote user="lincoln canary"]It is really poor man management. Hughton has literally destroyed his career. He should be given a chance especially since our poor goal scoring record.

Do you think Becchio currently gives a toss whether we win or not?[/quote]

Had Becchio scored before Kamara did it probably would have turned out a bit better for him. Hughton would have likely thrown his backing behind him.

After that it never looked likely he would be a first choice player and you can''t expect him to be after the big money arrivals of RVW and Hooper. I think though, for anyone who has watched a fair bit of Becchio in the past, it''s hard to see what Elmander has done in a Norwich shirt that Becchio couldn''t have done. Becchio probably also carries a greater goal scoring threat.

Perhaps Hughton turned to Elmander because of his greater top flight experience but that doesn''t mean Becchio couldn''t have done it, if given the opportunity.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And what about Carlo Nash. Now I know he''s third choice but you could easily find Ruddy suspended and Bunn injured. Hughton''s not doing him any favours by not playing him...................

[/quote]Ha! Good point.Just imagine if we''d spent all that money on RvW and Hoops to start the season with Becchio upfront.People (like Lincoln Canary) would have a s*** fit!