Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

What will it take to get Becchio on the pitch?

I thought tonight would have been an ideal opportunity for him, even if as a sub since we were playing two up. Elmander is getting credit from some quarters so he obviously wasn''t as bad as he sounded on the radio but Jesus give Becchio a chance for goodness sake. I really feel for the guy. He must be cursing the day he signed for us.

I feel sorry for the guy too, especially with us turning Leeds down this summer - must regret the day that he asked to leave Leeds.

But Elmander did an alright job today and assisted Fer''s goal.

In all fairness, I can see why we turned down leeds in the summer.

if god forbid hooper and rvw are injured at the same time, we will need becchio to push elmander.

but also feel bad for the lad.

but then again if you believe Colin, he left leeds more or less purely for a payrise.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]It is really poor man management. Hughton has literally destroyed his career. He should be given a chance especially since our poor goal scoring record.

Do you think Becchio currently gives a toss whether we win or not?[/quote]For about the millionth time, managers DO NOT leave good, in form players sat on the bench.You are implying some kind of personal grudge that you have absolutely no evidence to support.

I agree Lincoln. Plus I just can''t believe how he is totally blind to the value of the relationship on the pitch that he has with Howson and Snodgrass. Although that is probably lost by now!

I feel sorry for the bloke. Always the first to congratulate players on twitter after the match.

Although we don''t see his effort in training maybe he can''t hit a barn door , maybe face doesn''t fit , who knows !!

We win 3-1

You start a thread saying "get Becchio on the pitch?"

He really is the Argentine Cody McDonald isn''t he, how the worlds greatest player David Fox getting on I wonder?

CH is picking who he considers to be the best players to do the job, he sees them in training and works with them.

I love the way fans like to micro manage the squad with no knowledge of what is actually going on behind the scenes.

Becchio had a good cheer from us when he was warming up, there was no obvious pouting, lip quivering or sulking going on!!

But Morty, we have absolutely no idea if he is a good, in form player, he just hasn''t been given a chance save for a handful of fleeting appearances right after he signed.

He certainly isn''t in form though - you have to play yourself in to form. I dont understand why we got him I really don''t other than in the desperation of the final days of the January window.

Have you read Warnock''s account of how he was signed? It does not reflect well on us and I''d be pretty upset if I was Becchio.

Completely missing the point ''buh'' - which is that a winning performance you might expect to see him (think WBA last season) since he certainly doesn''t get a look in at other times.

But didn''t get on this time either. I''m not ''micro managing'' I just want to see the guy given a chance.

I would rate Becchio as a better actual strike than Elmander, but the latter''s all-round contribution is probably greater.

Hence CH picks Elmander, strikers being a necessary evil to CH..

[quote user="a1canary"]But Morty, we have absolutely no idea if he is a good, in form player, he just hasn''t been given a chance save for a handful of fleeting appearances right after he signed.

He certainly isn''t in form though - you have to play yourself in to form. I dont understand why we got him I really don''t other than in the desperation of the final days of the January window.

Have you read Warnock''s account of how he was signed? It does not reflect well on us and I''d be pretty upset if I was Becchio.[/quote]Conversely you also have no idea if he is worth a start or not.I think my take on it is more plausible.

We don''t often play two up top and it was right for CH to give our 2nd and 3rd choice strikers nearly a whole match together.

The substitution of Hooper for Johnson was the correct thing to do at the time given the scoreline.

Elmander provided the knock down for Fer''s goal.

Giving players game time for sentimental reasons is not a thing I would like to see the manager of my Club doing.

There will always be a Cody McDonald, though he is long gone, his spirit lives on

It''s absolutely nothing to do with sentiment, it''s to do with managing your strikers.

I have a worry over RVWs injury. It sounds like it might potentially be one of those niggly ones that he can''t get rid of and takes the edge off his form. What then if we have another injury?

As such I think it would be right to give Becchio some confidence and keep him ticking over. But hey, this is just my view. It is just something that frustrates me a bit about Hughton. And having read Holt and Morison''s recent interviews I''m not all that confident in the state of mind of strikers under CH. Still early days for our new ones but if they go on doing the Holt role - alone up front mucking in for the team but not scoring, it will start to frustrate them too.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It is really poor man management. Hughton has literally destroyed his career. He should be given a chance especially since our poor goal scoring record.

Do you think Becchio currently gives a toss whether we win or not?[/quote]For about the millionth time, managers DO NOT leave good, in form players sat on the bench.You are implying some kind of personal grudge that you have absolutely no evidence to support.[/quote]

And how do you suppose players find form? Sat on the bench?

I thought there was a good chance he might come on for Elmander yesterday, but can understand Hughtons choice of brining on Johnson.

At he end of the day Becchio plays in training all week long and has to stake a claim there first and push Elmander. I highly doubt he regrets his mov here, though like any footballer I''m sure he is frustrated to be on the bench.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It is really poor man management. Hughton has literally destroyed his career. He should be given a chance especially since our poor goal scoring record.

Do you think Becchio currently gives a toss whether we win or not?[/quote]For about the millionth time, managers DO NOT leave good, in form players sat on the bench.You are implying some kind of personal grudge that you have absolutely no evidence to support.[/quote]

And how do you suppose players find form? Sat on the bench?[/quote]Take your silly "chicken and egg" argument and shove it lol.So you''d rather see us lose or fail to score in a game, just as long as Becchio got some gametime?Really?You''d excuse the manager that? You''d understand that rather than play the players who are in form and training better, we let an out of form player have a wee play with a ball? The manager and coaching staff pick the team based on what they see in training, I don''t see why people struggle with this.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It is really poor man management. Hughton has literally destroyed his career. He should be given a chance especially since our poor goal scoring record.

And how do you suppose players find form? Sat on the bench?[/quote]Take your silly "chicken and egg" argument and shove it lol.So you''d rather see us lose or fail to score in a game, just as long as Becchio got some gametime?Really?You''d excuse the manager that? You''d understand that rather than play the players who are in form and training better, we let an out of form player have a wee play with a ball? The manager and coaching staff pick the team based on what they see in training, I don''t see why people struggle with this.[/quote]

Lose or fail to score? You mean like most games since Christmas. I can gurantee Becchio would do no worse than some of the dross riccy, hooper and elmander have served up at times this season.

You won''t see Becchio on the pitch unless the entire first team squad get struck down with gastro-enteritis at a team bonding barbeque that he wasn''t invited to.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It is really poor man management. Hughton has literally destroyed his career. He should be given a chance especially since our poor goal scoring record.

And how do you suppose players find form? Sat on the bench?[/quote]Take your silly "chicken and egg" argument and shove it lol.So you''d rather see us lose or fail to score in a game, just as long as Becchio got some gametime?Really?You''d excuse the manager that? You''d understand that rather than play the players who are in form and training better, we let an out of form player have a wee play with a ball? The manager and coaching staff pick the team based on what they see in training, I don''t see why people struggle with this.[/quote]

Lose or fail to score? You mean like most games since Christmas. I can gurantee Becchio would do no worse than some of the dross riccy, hooper and elmander have served up at times this season.[/quote]Lol, you can guarantee it, can you?Really?

I Becchio is any worse than Elmander just what is he doing taking up a squad place , i would start him everytime instead of the over the hill never been Swede .

A transfer or a change of Manager. He must be really dire in training and development games cos not to get a look in when our other 3 strikers have scored 2 in the league between them. What other reason can there be to leave him out so often, its not like we are banging them in is it.

Hughton has thrown his weight behind 3 other strikers and made it quite clear he doesn''t think Becchio is up to it. Going back on that now world make him look desperate. He feels he has to back the players he''s brought in over the summer.

He did buy Becchio too you know! Didn''t he deserve to get some backing off the mamager as well!?

It all lends weight to Warnock''s story that Beccs was just a last minute panic swap deal that was done just to show some action in the window. Morison also said he had been told he could not leave then last minute was told he had been offered to Leeds!

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]A transfer or a change of Manager. He must be really dire in training and development games cos not to get a look in when our other 3 strikers have scored 2 in the league between them. What other reason can there be to leave him out so often, its not like we are banging them in is it.[/quote]agreed... if he can''t even get on the pitch when the other 3 have failed so miserably i can only think that the medical staff didn''t pick up that he was a double amputee when he joined in january and its all being hushed up [:D]

And what about Carlo Nash. Now I know he''s third choice but you could easily find Ruddy suspended and Bunn injured. Hughton''s not doing him any favours by not playing him...................

Carlo Nash ? he looks a bit out of shape to me reminds me of when Mike Bassett wrote down his England squad on the back of a fag packet and accidentally called up benson and hedges who were well into there 40s and retired, and things are going so badly in the match that he sends them on [:D]   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI2-9TTZzK4