Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

West ham fans

did anyone hear about trouble before yesterday game? i heard some got hit by a bottle. near the ticket offices? my be ballshit but someone told me this on the way home.

I found them to be ,as usual, a particularly loudmouthed obnoxious bunch of cockney t*wats, doubtless fuelled by an afternoon''s drinking.

its great that they havent won here for 40 years and the fact that theyre travelling around the country to watch their team play with no strikers is hilarious.

relegation has never been anymore than a few seasons away at a time for West Ham over the last 30 years.......lets hope its their time again

I live among them...not a bad bunch but one of those clubs thatstill think they aremassive rather than the 5th best team in  London. The sister sh*gging song got pretty old after the 5th or 6th airing.

We had a father and son combo sat near us. You could tell they weren''t from ''rand ear'' because neither of the little (well, they weren''t little in the true meaning of the word, far from it) dears, had a coat , (on a crisp Norfolk afternoon), and the tell tale signs of not knowing where their seats were, coupled with the Dad having the thickest piece of bling round his neck , and the piece de resistance, a tattoo of two hammers on the back of his neck.

We warned the Stewards before the game, and the Head Steward went to have a word with them. They sat on their hands all game, even when their team scored!

It does lead me on to the next point, as to if the Stewards took the seat numbers, and followed this up with any relevant action? The geezers were sat one in front of the other, so it may well be separate single seats they obtained

West Ham are a bunch of knuckle dragging bell ends!they have looked awful all season and unless the striker issue is addressed thats one of the bottom 3 taken care of.

I didn''t see it myself but apparently they trashed someones cake business before the game, saw this on twitter today....

4h

shocking behaviour from your visiting fans Saturday. Trashed my cake business on their way from pub to ground.

16h

Nightmare yesterday. Visiting fans trashed our gazebo as we traded on Riverside Road. Frightening and mindless experience.

What sort of neandertal fool does stuff like that??

Seen this hasn''t been posted yet:

https://twitter.com/SamuelHelosent/status/399536768749666304/photo/1

I''m not blaming them especially but I do feel that some of the movies that have come out in recent years, rather than deter, have some what glorified ''firms'' etc.

There are several youngsters I know of, whose sort of ambition at the moment is to create their own ''Green Street''. It''s quite sad really.

There is nothing wrong with being a tight-nit bunch of lads with a shared passion of something. I have been there and it gives you a buzz. But the silly mindlessness of some of things that some people then think is alright really is disgusting.

My grandparents on my mothers side are/were from East London and my Grandfather was a West Ham fan. He never stood for the hooliganism. I know the majority of West Ham fans are the same.

It only takes a couple of muppets to ruin it all for everyone.

Its the reason I really detest ''youngsters'' trying to imitate the behaviour of hooligans from yesteryear - something that has taken a long time to stamp out. Especially up here in Norfolk. It''s really unnecessary. If people want to fight etc, then start up a fight club or something, why tarnish the good name of a club the community supports with your own choice of poor actions which actually have nothing to do with the club what-so-ever.

Most arrogant, agressive away fans I''ve seen here for some time. The late kick off an proximity of Norwich to Essex (where despite them liking to think they are cheeky cockerney chappies, most of their fanbase live), probably didn''t help as I would guess most of them had been out all day boozing. An encounter my group had with a group of them is the most scared I''ve ever felt around football, and really shook me up. They''ve quickly catapulted themselves above Leeds and Wolves to be my most hated team (other than Ip5w1ch)

[quote user="crabbycanary"]We had a father and son combo sat near us. You could tell they weren''t from ''rand ear'' because neither of the little (well, they weren''t little in the true meaning of the word, far from it) dears, had a coat , (on a crisp Norfolk afternoon), and the tell tale signs of not knowing where their seats were, coupled with the Dad having the thickest piece of bling round his neck , and the piece de resistance, a tattoo of two hammers on the back of his neck.

We warned the Stewards before the game, and the Head Steward went to have a word with them. They sat on their hands all game, even when their team scored!

It does lead me on to the next point, as to if the Stewards took the seat numbers, and followed this up with any relevant action? The geezers were sat one in front of the other, so it may well be separate single seats they obtained[/quote]
The problem is that if tickets go on general sale, there is no restriction on who can buy them despite it being a home supporters only area. The problem is not unique to this game, I have seen away supporters in my block for the games against Newcastle, Spurs and Everton. Despite what the ground expansionists may argue we are not selling out the very limited number of casual tickets to priority members and season ticket holders or apparently our own support when they go on general sale.
One way of controlling it would be to only sell to members. It would probably mean having to create a further category of membership say general membership at a token annual fee. The extra hassle of having to buy a membership may be sufficient deterrent. But I doubt if the club would want to do that as we may not sell out any more and revenues would be hit. And in fairness the odd few away supporters in the home areas has not yet led to any real trouble.

anyone with ID and an NR or IP 18-27 postcode should be allowed to purchase after answering 3 short quiz questions about the club...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]anyone with ID and an NR or IP 18-27 postcode should be allowed to purchase after answering 3 short quiz questions about the club...[/quote]
Might be a bit of a clash there with the club''s ambitions to promote itself globally Jas.

The problem for the police is that it is all too often a case of controlling the situation and getting the fans into the ground rather than risk having things kick offHowever there should be no ecuse for not pursuing the cretin later. There ae adequate cameras in the ground and i dare say on the police.Fish the arzpiece out once he has been identified and hoik him off to the nick. Grant him bail around midnight.Then oblige him to tun up a Norwich Magistrates court sometime later.Maybe the Evening News /Pinkun could tell us what action was eventually taken

[quote user="he likes paella "]so as it says in the story the police witnessed west ham fans vandalising the gazebo and choose to do nothing - that is great policing.[/quote]Sounds about par for the course for Norfolk Police...

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="he likes paella "]so as it says in the story the police witnessed west ham fans vandalising the gazebo and choose to do nothing - that is great policing.[/quote]Sounds about par for the course for Norfolk Police...[/quote]Seconded, most Norfolk coppers are utterly useless.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]anyone with ID and an NR or IP 18-27 postcode should be allowed to purchase after answering 3 short quiz questions about the club...[/quote]
Might be a bit of a clash there with the club''s ambitions to promote itself globally Jas.
[/quote]

*facepalm*

[quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="he likes paella "]so as it says in the story the police witnessed west ham fans vandalising the gazebo and choose to do nothing - that is great policing.[/quote]Sounds about par for the course for Norfolk Police...[/quote]Seconded, most Norfolk coppers are utterly useless.[/quote]Not just Norfolk coppers...............most.