Sign in to follow this  
Darth Catbeard The Old

Concerned

Firstly I''d like to say I''m firmly a Hughton inner. I understand that we came up with a lot more debt to pay off than the likes of Swansea and Southampton and have to work under one of the smallest wage budgets in the league AND most of our players are lower prem/championship standard that we paid between 1-3m for which is peanuts by premiership standards so I think Hughton is doing extremely well.

Anyway, firstly bearing in mind Whittakers comments about there being some ''clear the air'' talks before the MC game that lead to a 7-0 defeat and Bassong the captain and presumably voice of the team being dropped before the game...is anyone else worried there''s been a serious falling out between the players and management? I''m not trying to stir things up but when Fer ran over and celebrated with Bassong and the whole team joined in and completely ignored Hughton got me very worried that there''s something very wrong behind the scenes at the moment.

This was a vital game and we looked terrible and so unmotivated in the first half and even after Hughtons half time team talk we came out exactly the same. Hoopers penalty gave the team a lift not the half time team talk. It seemed like the players were playing for themselves and the fans only.

Like I said I''m pro-Hughton but if the players have fallen out with the manager and have lost respect for him for whatever reason then he has to go for the sake of our status as a top flight club. It''s harsh but players have all the power nowdays and if they''re not happy with the playing style this regime will never work out!

Another quote from Snograss btw "Frustration inspired comeback" not change in emphasis or being kicked up the arse by the manager.....like I said I''m just speculating and am probably worried over nothing but what does everyone else think?

" I''m not trying to stir things up"

Yes. Yes you are.

If you want to talk conspiracy theories I''d suggest the moon landing and JFK. Classics with lots of potential for an... active mind.

Good luck pal, good luck.

well i probably still lean towards being a hughton outer but i would say just about the only manager who gets involved with celebrating goals with his players is jose mourinho , i really wouldn''t read to much into hughton not being bundled... and anyway bassong has been poo this season and if the other players can''t see that we really are in trouble [:D]

I''d point out that in his interview Snodgrass made a point specifically about how Hughtons experience was vital at half time and that he calmed the players down and made them focus instead of panicking and that you can of course find that interview on Norwich Citys youtube channel but of course that''s a quote that will be buried pretty soon.

Of course he may not have meant it, it might have been a double negative, is Hughton an android? Did Paul Lambert smack Grant Holt after the Wigan game? Are we all inside a computer simulaton!??

The most worrying thing I''ve seen under hughtons tenure so far as manager is not the style of play or lack of goals its the emotional fragility of a large number of our own fans. Real unstable psychologies out there and I can''t think of a better way of putting it than "Man Up"

[quote user="Buh"]

I''d point out that in his interview Snodgrass made a point specifically about how Hughtons experience was vital at half time and that he calmed the players down and made them focus instead of panicking and that you can of course find that interview on Norwich Citys youtube channel but of course that''s a quote that will be buried pretty soon.

Of course he may not have meant it, it might have been a double negative, is Hughton an android? Did Paul Lambert smack Grant Holt after the Wigan game? Are we all inside a computer simulaton!??

The most worrying thing I''ve seen under hughtons tenure so far as manager is not the style of play or lack of goals its the emotional fragility of a large number of our own fans. Real unstable psychologies out there and I can''t think of a better way of putting it than "Man Up"

[/quote]

xD this is the first instance of me ever speculating about something like this since I started supporting the club. I was just concerned by what I saw and was interested to see if anyone else felt the same. I know all the Morrison/Tierney rumors were bullsheeite, same as Grant Holt deliberately playing below his ability was rubbish, there was no fight between Francis and McKenzie etc. I''m not a worrier I just thought what I was was strange

Fer went to perform a pre-arranged celebration (dance with Bassong) - seen after the pile up, rest of the players joined in and got a little excited at what is a massive pressure release

This is a non-story, I am very confident of this in seeing Trollope (next to Hughton) smiling and laughing at the over exuberant celebrations

In my eyes if they''d bundled Hughton it would have been a massive sign of disrespect.

He''s not their mate, he''s their manager. He''s the father figure. You don''t bundle daddy.

It was a simple sign of squad unity, I genuinely believe they are a close bunch of lads and get along well.

[quote user="Buh"]

In my eyes if they''d bundled Hughton it would have been a massive sign of disrespect.

He''s not their mate, he''s their manager. He''s the father figure. You don''t bundle daddy.

It was a simple sign of squad unity, I genuinely believe they are a close bunch of lads and get along well.

[/quote]

yeah lol I know that, I was just commenting on the complete lack of acknowledgement. That particular still of the players all celebrating behind Hughton while he stood there just looked bizzare

I have to say that when Fer scored and ran pointing towards the dugout in celebration my first reaction was that he was more or less saying '' this is for you boss '' and was somewhat surprised that it was Bassong not Hughton who he hugged and fell to the ground with. I wondered and still do what the significance of that was. Was it a bond that Fer and other players have with each other or a poke in the eye for the manager ? I really do not know.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Nobody bundles Daddy? What a cold unloving life.[/quote]

What? Bundling your manager is a massive mark of disrespect and would only prove you''ve lost the authority of the dressing room.

Equally, specifically celebrating with him has an air of desperation around it and brings focus to the negatives rather than the positives.

As it is, it was just a team celebration, underlines team unity and doesn''t capture the imagination of anyone but the fans who already had tinfoil hats on in the first place

[quote user="Buh"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Nobody bundles Daddy? What a cold unloving life.[/quote]

What? Bundling your manager is a massive mark of disrespect and would only prove you''ve lost the authority of the dressing room.

Equally, specifically celebrating with him has an air of desperation around it and brings focus to the negatives rather than the positives.

As it is, it was just a team celebration, underlines team unity and doesn''t capture the imagination of anyone but the fans who already had tinfoil hats on in the first place

[/quote]

Don''t make fun of my tin foil hat! I need it to stop the FA from stealing my thoughts as they plot our relegation through referees!

Who said it''s ok to bundle the mgr? My comment was about not bundling Daddy. What a sadly strict and rigid life if the kids can''t rough house with daddy once in a while.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Lambert got bundled here................says it all really.[/quote]

Looking back now maybe we were too hasty in getting another long term manager, the break up with the other one (I still find it hard to say the name) was too traumatic and we rushed into another commitment. We should''ve met with and had fun with lots of other managers or maybe just go on a holiday with our friends (no managers) and wait until we were really ready to have another manager, being away from home allows you to have some perspective and there''s all those foreign managers with thier dubious morals (sometimes political) to distract you.

On the other hand some people think its better to get back on the merry-go-round and realise you can''t go back, you''ll never find another manager like the last one and thier relationship with you was the best either of you were ever going to have and one day they will realise but as always its too late by then, another manager will come along who might be alble to measure up in some ways but it''ll never be the same you just have to get on with your life the best you can, you''ll always hurt a bit inside but managers are like that, you can''t live wthout them and sometimes they are so frustrating you just want to and sit in a dark room with some Ben & Jerry''s and cry.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Lambert got bundled here................says it all really.[/quote]

The only time he was ever bundled was when we got promoted.

At any other time it would have been fines all round with lambert.

Seek help in regards to letting go of a manager that did much for us but doesn''t care about us at all.

Or go and support villa

The only time he was ever bundled was when we got promoted.

At any other time it would have been fines all round with lambert.

Seek help in regards to letting go of a manager that did much for us but doesn''t care about us at all.

Or go and support villa

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Just seemed strange, everyone else I was watching the game with at the pub commented on it as well. It was just odd to see and I wanted everyone else s view on it to tell me I''m just being paranoid :P[/quote]

To the OP I agree I thought it was strange. When fer started charging to the bench like that i thought he was running towards Hughton in a display of solidarity with the manager. however he then ran straight past him to bundle on top of our captain who had been dropped by said manager. It did seem strange at the time and I think is a point you are right to raise.

[quote user="Herman "]Did Lambert get bundled?[/quote]

Yup Herman, Porstmouth away, live on Sky.

[quote user="Herman "]The game when we got promoted to the Premiership?[/quote]

Yes

"Says it all really" apparently

yup, can only agree, Seb Bassong will be Norwich Manager by Monday next week.

the fact he has been poor this season is lost on a large number of fans..

Seb will make Leroy Fer his assistant and the bloke who repairs the seats the coach.

we will be champions league in 2 seasons and Luciano Becchio will score 35 goals....

wake up people FFS!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Herman "]Did Lambert get bundled?[/quote]

Yup Herman, Porstmouth away, live on Sky.

[/quote]

Yes, when we got promoted to the premiership. A bit more than winning against West Ham at home.