Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Bennett/Redmond

Had a thought the other day when Redmond said he admires Elliot Bennett a lot on twitter

looking forward, what would you think about a right hand side of Bennett at RB and Redmond in the Right wing?

This isn''t this season or even next but I''ve always admired Bennetts defensive credentials along with his ability to attack. In contrast, Redmond is a very, very good attacking player but has been caught out defensively (he IS learning)

Anyway, if a good understanding got developed between them can you imagine the pace on that side, along with delivery? It would be INSANE.

Teams we face would have to compensate for this, leaving more room for our other players.

Something to think about...

Bennett would definitely need to add to his game but he''s not afraid to get back and his timing in tackling is very good.

Bennett did well when asked to play there against Bolton two season''s back and I believe is known to be able to play in that position so could have a lot of potential at full back. However I think he would need somebody better than Redmond defensively in front of him whilst making the transition. 

After the pre season he had its gutting Beano is injured. I think we might have a couple of extra points at this point if he was fully fit. Really rate him. Said before he has the ability to represent England some day so lets cross our fingers on his return.Similar but a different Bennet, I am a huge fan of Ryan''s atm. Really iced the cake saturday. Think he deserves to keep his place.

Interesting subject, rate Bennett and have always thought he could well end up being a full back....but, he has a lot to offer yet out wide, such a shame he was crocked, very good player, As for Ryan Bennett, sure he is doing well when he comes in and is a very decent CB for his age, but for me even a slightly off form Bassong gets my vote, many will disagree. 

[quote user="Dubai Mark"] As for Ryan Bennett, sure he is doing well when he comes in and is a very decent CB for his age, but for me even a slightly off form Bassong gets my vote, many will disagree. [/quote]

I don''t. Bassong, on his game, is far better.

However Ryan Bennett is very good when he doesn''t have to play against any strikers.

I like the suggestion, especially if Redmond learns a little about defending, if Benno surges forward. Benno certainly is much better at defending and packs a good shot when on form and confident.

Two weeks ago one of my doubts would have been muted, but since than Snoddy seems to have found what he had lost. He is the doubt I have about the suggestion. At the moment none of the three seems happy to play on the left, and we have only Pilks (injury prone at the moment) or Olsson.

The other doubt I have is that currently Redmond seems to have little idea of how to track back and defend, although he is young and could learn. So at the moment if Benno went forward we would be rather exposed at the back.