Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

One player

left footed, pacey, box to box, hard working, accurate, left wingerthen we can play redmond on the right and have two decent wingers with speed and ability to actually beat their man and cross the damn ball

A robust, forward thinking player to play off the main man. Can score headers, has a powerful shot and a great eye for a pass for the strikers and the wingers.

A match winner. Someone like Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Rooney or Suarez that can win you a number of matches a season purely on induvidual ability.

I am happy with the squad we have.......................seriously, it has to be a player that can take on that number 10 position as it''s called and who has the ability to win the game for us with a piece of magic, either an assist or a goal.......thing is this type of player is probably out of our budget....so, what Gingerpele has said in terns of individual ability.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]A match winner. Someone like Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Rooney or Suarez that can win you a number of matches a season purely on induvidual ability.[/quote]We need a "stand out player" I feel. A Hoolahan(in his prime) a Saafri, a Huckerby.Maybe Redmond is going to be, who knows?

Somebody who can lead the team. Since Holt went There doesn''t seem a voice out there. An on-field organiser, how Tony Adams used to be at Arsenal. Making sure the defence doesn''t drop too deep and rallying around the players.

A midfielder whether that be a centre mid and/or someone who plays just off the front man with the eye for the right pass and can provide the sort of service needed for our strikers to start scoring the goals we need.

A lukaku type player

Someone with pace and power who they can play the ball into and get it back or who can turn a player, a beast basically who can occupy a defence on his own and work them.

I would not play the system we do without a guy like this up front.

Gary Doherty. Slightly more seriously, the Grant Holt of two years ago. Not just for his ability as a front man, but for his leadership.

David fox and luciano Becchio, the worlds greatest footballers

Slightly in front of James Vaughan and Cody McDonald.

A centre half, I''d like to take Lescott on loan (with a view to buying in the summer if it works out) from Man City, we need to improve here, he isn''t in the best form of his career, but some regular games might see him force his way back into Hodgson''s Worl Cup plans. He was MoM for England when we beat Spain not so long ago.

a midfield Ball Winner, some one who will take the man and the ball...

we are too nice as a team, sometimes we need to bully our way to a win.

Michael Bradley.

Or someone who wants playing time, scores when he does get a chance, and likely wouldn''t mind leaving ManU to get a chance to play regularly in the Prem, Chicharito.

That works doubly well for me as my fiance likes ManU solely because of him. :)

My old friend Vaclav Kadlec, moved to Frankfurt in the summer for estimated 3 million and is showing just what a talent he is, 7 games played 4 goals scored not to mention his assists.

Or can we have Steve Bruice or Dave Watson in their prime!

[quote user="Indy"]

My old friend Vaclav Kadlec, moved to Frankfurt in the summer for estimated 3 million and is showing just what a talent he is, 7 games played 4 goals scored not to mention his assists[/quote]

Agreed Indy - very talented young striker and one I have been following with interest for 18 momnths or so since coming back from injury.  A missed bargain opportunity for me - although the proximity to Czech rep may have influenced his move.

Beyond that a number 10 is for me our biggest need - perhaps an audacious loan move for Kagawa ;-)