Sign in to follow this  
dj11

Elmander at his best

I don''t know if it has been on here before, but it is a fantastic goal. https://myspace.com/381870192/video/best-goals-johan-elmander-bolton-v-wolves-/107291747

Scroll over the link with left click down, (it should go blue) then right click, then left click on goto....blah blah. i discovered this by accident.

Ps one of the best goals ever scored in the prem, think it came no2 in a soccer sat poll,

What''s clear is that elmander is not in his peak anymore. So moments of class like that are unlikely. But rather than carry on tryin to play the same way and being less effective, he appears to have changed his game and his physique which will enable him to be more of an asset at a higher level for longer. Changing to more of a target man type means losing a yard if pace with age will have less effect.

I like players who adapt the way they play to further there career as opposed to deteriorate fast and end up in the lower leagues. His experience is as much an asset as any other of his attributes.

Elmander has changed his game from principal striker to second striker very effectively. Although it went largely unnoticed, against West Ham he constantly pulled central defenders out of position in support of Hooper and Howson. His goals against Bury show that he can still score, but for City as for Sweden, he is being asked to play a different role now.